Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
EC List Additional Suggestions (All prices pre-coupon):

List of  - $6.99

Games That - $7.49

Amazon Doesn't - $5.99

Carry At All - $5.99

COD: Ghosts - Hardened Edition - $5.01

AC3 Gold + AC4 Gold Pack (Steam) - $9.99

Bethesda Complete Pack (including Wolfenstein: New Order) - $12.49

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - $7.49

And Tony, why didn't you respond to my question about obscure title x not being on sale on day y at price z that Amazon only carries as a physical item, I'm feeling slighted here?

Also, I want to beat up LN for not getting free stuff.  FREE STUFF!

How's that for a once every blue moon lurker post?  :razz: 

Alright, I bought Marlow Briggs.

But, butt, BUT,  to all you who promoted it, if the game is balls, I'm coming for yours.

It's good, but it'll be HB'd next week since you bought it.
hheh

Alright, I bought Marlow Briggs.

But, butt, BUT, to all you who promoted it, if the game is balls, I'm coming for yours.
neuro has lots of balls many types meatballs basketball assballs ragingballs many more

This ain't my first rodeo. I was born on the internet. My mother was a dial-up modem from Thailand and my father was of questionable values. A match made in the flaming pits of Hell!
lol what

If I had to provide a sole reason for visiting the forums at this point it would be tebow. Determining exactly what he is trying to communicate in every post is my version of Sudoku.

Got a spare Mass Effect 2 Origin key to give away after my Bioware Points binge.  42nd person to PM me their favorite Tali fanfic probably won't get it, because i'll just give it to someone randomly after I recover from the Friday Fish Fry coma.

Original text:

"Hello. This is Octoberfest and the weather is unseasonably warm"

...8 translations later, Bing gives us:

"Pleased to meet you. It is a very mild climate and Oktoberfest bow"

Bonus points for anyone who can name where [what game] that line is from... better yet... type to reply to that phrase. ;)
My birthday is in October.

That's all that the world needs to know about that month. ;)

Even at $25, Bioware Points are a ripoff. $25 will net you only two story DLCs for ME3 (Citadel and Omega/Leviathan). That's what, maybe 10 hours of gameplay? Not a good deal at all. Conversely, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition includes all four DLCs (that's an extra 70+ hours of gameplay) and routinely goes on sale for $10 or less.

Bioware Points would only be a good deal at 75% off or more.
You could also look at it this way:

Maybe 10 hours = often the length of many base-game FPS's. ;)

But, yeah - I'd also like a MUCH BETTER deal on BioWare Points for ME2 DLC's.

Oh, and DA2 DLC's + ME3 DLC's, as well.

EDIT:

<screenshot>
I didn't authorize you to take a picture of me!

I sue!

<Send Ashes an E-Lawsuit>

I hate when people use gameplay length as a significant portion of their analysis in rating a game. It's pretty relevant in game value - if I can get Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite for the same price, and I have limited funds, Skyrim is by far the superior choice. But longer does not mean it's necessarily a better game. To me "better" refers to the combination of:

1. Gameplay
  2. Story
  3. Immersion
  4. Graphics + Art Style
  5. Unique/Innovative Qualities
  6. Performance - glitches, etc
Length is pretty irrelevant. You can make a game as long as you want, but if the gameplay, story, etc, sucks - it doesn't really mean anything. Value and quality are two different things.
About time & length - I think a lot of this depends on a few things:

1. How long a play-through is.

2. If replays will give the player different branching pathways/endings/results.

(For me, this can be important - especially if a game's SHORT per play-through)

3. Are there different difficulty settings for the player?

4. How much a player loves game, will they actually replay it?

IMHO - both Skyrim and Bioshock: Infinite are great and should NOT be missed.

About time & length - I think a lot of this depends on a few things:

1. How long a play-through is.

2. If replays will give the player different branching pathways/endings/results.

(For me, this can be important - especially if a game's SHORT per play-through)

3. Are there different difficulty settings for the player?

4. How much a player loves game, will they actually replay it?

IMHO - both Skyrim and Bioshock: Infinite are great and should NOT be missed.
agreedish, in that all of these are factors in determining length of a game/playtime...but i still think this is something that is more in line with "value" than "quality"

Maybe he meant that the "from ashes to ashes" sounds like it could referencing the "ashes to ashes, dust to dust", which is used at many funerals? I mean that's the only thing I can think of that would make it seem morbid I suppose.

I do think it was pretty witty myself, though.
So, to complete the line - does this mean AshesKitty will also be getting "From Dust" from UbiSoft?

{eyebrow raised}

EDIT:

I would have. I like EA games and refuse to deprive myself of them. I've been using EA products since Deluxe Paint.
Yeah - just b/c I ain't fond of some of EA's crappy DLC policies & other annoying business practices, doesn't mean I won't buy their base-games when they're cheap. ;)

They still do put out a fair amount of games that range from decent-to-great.

It'd be like if we had a product called "From Tebow" and we were like "From Tebow to Tebow".

Cheers,

Tony
VndQ6pp.gif
Maybe if we actually had some EA Madden games on the PC in recent years, that could've happened. ;)

We all know Tebow's a big fan of....Tebow!

Especially in his Denver days. ;)

EDIT:

$1 Uplay sale...
Oh, "From Dust" was in that $1 UPlay sale....

I already bought that a bit back ago from Amazon DVG, before that $1 UPlay sale.

> Wants it on Steam for 90% off.

> Suggests EA buy the IP.

:rofl:
Only way I think EA would sell KOA:R Steam-version is if EA actually bought Steam.

{shudders at that horrible thought of EA buying-out Valve/Steam.}

EDIT:

Oh, yeah - EA Customer Support has helped me out a few times. They're pretty good, I must say & agree.

With the Dead Space 2 PC promo like right after game came out - and honored the promo (it was in my cart at 1/2 price), but showed-up in my bill as $50 - then credited my account more money so I would up spending only $20 for it.

And, I actually activated from w/ Amazon DVG my key Bulletstorm - But, I selected for Japanese-version (b/c some versions in list support numerous languages, including English being a bunch of times for different) - and instead of USA version. So, they removed wrong version from my account and gave me a key and told me which one was the USA version. Beautiful.

I would have. I like EA games and refuse to deprive myself of them. I've been using EA products since Deluxe Paint.

So, to complete the line - does this mean AshesKitty will also be getting "From Dust" from UbiSoft?

{eyebrow raised}

EDIT:

Yeah - just b/c I ain't fond of some of EA's crappy DLC policies & other annoying business practices, doesn't mean I won't buy their base-games when they're cheap. ;)

They still do put out a fair amount of games that range from decent-to-great.

Agreed. I really couldn't care less about their business practices, compared to other people. I'm not gonna just not play games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Dead Space, etc.
I'm not saying that I don't own EA games or anything. But, I can say it does affect when and how I purchase their games. For instance, I will not buy them on release most of the time. If they want to milk me with bad dlc and microtransactions and have "bioware points" etc. then I won't pay so much and will wait it out. Or buy the GOTY editions if and when they release them for real cheap.

Sadly, this means the deserving development studios don't get much from me, but I wasn't the one who sold out to EA either.

I just finished playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for the last hour.

It's pretty cool so far. The graphics are gorgeous, the controls take a bit to get used to, but seem to be pretty solid. So I look forward to playing some more. 

Pretty good deal to get it at $19.99 during the Christmas sale. Thanks, Amazon/Tony! 

Also, this is gonna be $2 momentarily:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00609Q8VU

Second, I'm giving away 10 codes for 560 Bioware Points sometime today.

The first 10 people to reply with some sort of "thank you" for my EA guy (who reached out to me directly this morning and asked me to do a giveaway) will get them.

Looks like we got 10!

Tebow, you'll get credit if you string together enough words in a row that I can understand.

Cheers,
Tony
I've heard nothing but terrible things about this game, which is why I didn't bite back when it was $10.99 on Amazon for Xbox 360. But for $1.99 I just can't resist... Why must you show me these things! But don't worry, I still <3 you.

I'm not saying that I don't own EA games or anything. But, I can say it does affect when and how I purchase their games. For instance, I will not buy them on release most of the time. If they want to milk me with bad dlc and microtransactions and have "bioware points" etc. then I won't pay so much and will wait it out. Or buy the GOTY editions if and when they release them for real cheap.

Sadly, this means the deserving development studios don't get much from me, but I wasn't the one who sold out to EA either.
I mean, most CAGs buy hardly anything at release.

Nah, Amazon had some crazy spank deals.
fixed yup we had spanky party oh yea snakey bro was wild hhe

I miss'd a BioWare Points giveaway while I was at work?

WTH??!!?!?

{bangs head on table}
yes it limited time tony actually neeed ur spanking

no it was onlly time that i says ea niceness sorry u miss the only tim the nice of ea now u have to say why u hate ea also anotheer bad news i hate school moree wait that old news tony can u get me hired

I've thanked EA lots. Their CS team are stunning. Both helpful and very fast.

Compared to Ubisoft who are fast but useless.

And Valve who are slow and useless.
I've had mixed results from EA reps.

Sometimes they actually listen to you and help; other times they will lie, not help, and outright contradict an online EA user help page. Happened to me and I even did online chat again a few times and still no one that actually helped me. Waste of my time and theirs.

Ubisoft is certainly slower, and Valve support is all but non-existent. I would say its only there on a company level, not on a user level. Meaning, unless you stir up the internets till it reaches Gaben, you can be waiting a month before Valve responds. No joke.

Amazon is like my best friend. They will always listen to you, and have a policy that I call "just make the customer happy". They will listen to you just as good as the NSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back