Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you liked ICO, you'd probably like Brothers. Very similar, although the control mechanics in Brothers are completely different and innovative.. and there isn't any challenge to the gameplay. ICO can be challenging for the first playthrough.

The dev obviously got a lot of inspiration from ICO.
I wouldn't trust anyone saying that who has an 8-digit ICQ number.

After watching some videos, I think I am sold as well, thanks hal and asheskitty. The skill tree and combo system does look interesting for a sidescroller.

ICQ and MIRC...those were the good days.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/6iCPIUGnHQ8[/youtube]

Oh man... ICQ was the thing back in the late 90's. I still hear that little "uh oh!" sound in my sleep. I had no idea it was still around. 

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but the Burnout Paradise DLC listed is free for folks who bought the base game earlier on in the previous year from Amazon (Tony worked with an EA rep to get a $5 coupon for these individuals) and they have an EC coupon.   So, you may not have to wait to buy this on the sale day since the lower price won't make much of a difference.

1/26/2014 to 1/31/2014  Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack [Instant Access] - 6.99 
1/26/2014 to 1/31/2014  Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack [Online Game Code] - 6.99 

PdgOdzG.jpg

Getting the DLC now means that you've basically used an EC coupon to save $2. I mean, if you have plenty of them, then, sure, it probably doesn't matter. But it might be smart to wait until the end of the month when we'll know what the rest of the sales will be and whether or not you'd rather use the full value of that coupon on something else.

According to one of the reviews on Amazon for the BP Vehicle Pack...

"Redeem it in Origin with your EA account, and it'll show up in Burnout even if it's a Steam copy as long as you use the same EA account!"

So I just had my first negative Amazon CS experience.  :(  I bought a Nvidia GTX 770 from Amazon a couple weeks ago when it came with the promotion where you get Batman: Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag game codes with purchase.  I received Batman a few days after I placed the order, but didn't get the other two games.  I contacted CS via email and got a response from someone named Ratnesh P from the Promotions dept who told me that I should buy the two games I'm missing from Amazon and then send him my order #'s and they'd refund me the money for them.  

I emailed CS again because I had some giftcard credit that would go toward the purchase since you can't NOT use your giftcard balance when you make a digital game purchase (for physical goods you can choose to not use your gift card $ and just use your CC instead).  I got a response from someone named Arun b who clearly didn't understand what I was asking b/c this person just told me general info about how giftcard credit works and didn't actually answer my question.

So I went ahead and bought the two games and emailed the first guy back and just now I got a email from a different CS rep named Chenaim telling me that I'll get the money refunded within the next 3 days but that "Once the refund has been processed, the game & software will no longer appear in Your Games and Software Library. The publisher may also disable the product key."

I'm hoping this is just a canned 'cut and paste' response and that they aren't going to actually remove the games because that defeats the point of me buying them in the first place (which is what the first CS rep told me to do).  I know Amazon is a big company and it's not reasonable to assume that I won't get bounced around from one rep to another, but it's really frustrating when they contradict each other.

Oh, and literally just now I got another email from Amazon that stated my refund has gone through and low and behold, my Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games are not in my Amazon library anymore.  :(  I hoping my game codes don't actually get revoked but it's not looking good. 

Tony, is there anyway you can help me out with this?  I know this isn't exactly your dept but since it IS digital game related maybe you can escalate me through to someone who can actually help me.  My interactions with Amazon CS in the past have been stellar but this is turning into a nightmare.  For what it's worth, I responded to the last email and explained why I shouldn't get the games removed but who knows if anyone is actually going to understand what is going on since it'll probably be ANOTHER rep who doesn't understand the initial problem I had.

So I just had my first negative Amazon CS experience. :( I bought a Nvidia GTX 770 from Amazon a couple weeks ago when it came with the promotion where you get Batman: Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag game codes with purchase. I received Batman a few days after I placed the order, but didn't get the other two games. I contacted CS via email and got a response from someone named Ratnesh P from the Promotions dept who told me that I should buy the two games I'm missing from Amazon and then send him my order #'s and they'd refund me the money for them.

I emailed CS again because I had some giftcard credit that would go toward the purchase since you can't NOT use your giftcard balance when you make a digital game purchase (for physical goods you can choose to not use your gift card $ and just use your CC instead). I got a response from someone named Arun b who clearly didn't understand what I was asking b/c this person just told me general info about how giftcard credit works and didn't actually answer my question.

So I went ahead and bought the two games and emailed the first guy back and just now I got a email from a different CS rep named Chenaim telling me that I'll get the money refunded within the next 3 days but that "Once the refund has been processed, the game & software will no longer appear in Your Games and Software Library. The publisher may also disable the product key."

I'm hoping this is just a canned 'cut and paste' response and that they aren't going to actually remove the games because that defeats the point of me buying them in the first place (which is what the first CS rep told me to do). I know Amazon is a big company and it's not reasonable to assume that I won't get bounced around from one rep to another, but it's really frustrating when they contradict each other.

Oh, and literally just now I got another email from Amazon that stated my refund has gone through and low and behold, my Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games are not in my Amazon library anymore. :( I hoping my game codes don't actually get revoked but it's not looking good.

Tony, is there anyway you can help me out with this? I know this isn't exactly your dept but since it IS digital game related maybe you can escalate me through to someone who can actually help me. My interactions with Amazon CS in the past have been stellar but this is turning into a nightmare. For what it's worth, I responded to the last email and explained why I shouldn't get the games removed but who knows if anyone is actually going to understand what is going on since it'll probably be ANOTHER rep who doesn't understand the initial problem I had.
Have you tried contacting the people actually running that promotion? That's a promotion being run by Nvidia, not Amazon iirc so it makes sense the Amazon reps don't know what's going on. Nvidia should be the people you are dealing with and you should not be expecting Amazon to fulfill those free games.

So I just had my first negative Amazon CS experience. :( I bought a Nvidia GTX 770 from Amazon a couple weeks ago when it came with the promotion where you get Batman: Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag game codes with purchase. I received Batman a few days after I placed the order, but didn't get the other two games. I contacted CS via email and got a response from someone named Ratnesh P from the Promotions dept who told me that I should buy the two games I'm missing from Amazon and then send him my order #'s and they'd refund me the money for them.

I emailed CS again because I had some giftcard credit that would go toward the purchase since you can't NOT use your giftcard balance when you make a digital game purchase (for physical goods you can choose to not use your gift card $ and just use your CC instead). I got a response from someone named Arun b who clearly didn't understand what I was asking b/c this person just told me general info about how giftcard credit works and didn't actually answer my question.

I'm hoping this is just a canned 'cut and paste' response and that they aren't going to actually remove the games because that defeats the point of me buying them in the first place (which is what the first CS rep told me to do). I know Amazon is a big company and it's not reasonable to assume that I won't get bounced around from one rep to another, but it's really frustrating when they contradict each other.

Oh, and literally just now I got another email from Amazon that stated my refund has gone through and low and behold, my Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games are not in my Amazon library anymore. :( I hoping my game codes don't actually get revoked but it's not looking good.

Tony, is there anyway you can help me out with this? I know this isn't exactly your dept but since it IS digital game related maybe you can escalate me through to someone who can actually help me. My interactions with Amazon CS in the past have been stellar but this is turning into a nightmare. For what it's worth, I responded to the last email and explained why I shouldn't get the games removed but who knows if anyone is actually going to understand what is going on since it'll probably be ANOTHER rep who doesn't understand the initial problem I had.
In my experience it is always the best option to call Amazon whenever possible, opposed to using their chat or e-mail system. It seems that the over-the-phone customer service has a much better support system in place to help resolve issues quickly.

I recently ran into a PCDD issue myself, which I have not been able to get resolved as of yet since my last contact with CSR stated I need to call them for further assistance as they are unable to help me resolve my issues over e-mail or chat. I bought "Helicopter Simulator: Search and Rescue [Download] since it showed up as a recommended game for me after purchasing the RTS Rescue 2013. The mistake I made is that I didn't take the time to look at the reviews, as this game is completely broken for me and immediately crashes back to desktop regardless of what OS compatibility I use. I was really confused why it kept crashing on me, since my rig exceeds all minimum as well as recommended requirements to run. But after going back to the Amazon page I noticed that the majority of the reviews revolved around the same theme, the game crashing back to desktop after launching the game. Contacting the game's support was rather useless, as their only suggestion was to re-install the game. Even after two re-installs I haven't had any luck getting this to work, yet I keep being recommended to re-install by their support, lol...

I just feel really bad for all those people who need to be rescued in that game but won't because I can't get to my helicopter, those poor poor souls....

P.S. Tony, does JASF not activate on steam? :*(

Have you tried contacting the people actually running that promotion? That's a promotion being run by Nvidia, not Amazon iirc so it makes sense the Amazon reps don't know what's going on. Nvidia should be the people you are dealing with and you should not be expecting Amazon to fulfill those free games.
I went to Nvidia's forums on their website and they state repeatedly in various posts that you have to contact the individual retailers to receive your codes. I haven't contacted Nvidia myself but I don't see them giving me any different answer than what they gave all those other people (some of whom also purchased through Amazon). I had also read forum posts from people who did get their codes from Amazon but had to work with CS to receive them. Usually you get codes from the retailer that you then redeem on Nvidia's site to get the actual game codes, so I was definitely surprised when the Amazon rep told me to just buy the games from Amazon. The CS guy (who I'm guessing is located in India based on his name and b/c his English wasn't that great) works in the Promotions dept so I assume(d) that he knew what he was talking about.

I'm really hoping that Amazon comes through for me though, as I would have gone with Newegg had I known Amazon wouldn't give me my codes. Newegg was running the promotion too but their GTX 770's were $15 more expensive. Still, I'd have paid the extra to get Assassin's Creed 4 and Splinter Cell: Black List had I known in advance that the promotion wouldn't be honored. I understand that it's Nvidia's promotion and not Amazon's, but Amazon had the promotion page up at the time I made my purchase and there was no indication that they wouldn't honor it. The 3 game promotion was a deciding factor in my purchase both of that card and my choice of Amazon as the retailer. I'd have gone elsewhere otherwise.

I went to Nvidia's forums on their website and they state repeatedly in various posts that you have to contact the individual retailers to receive your codes. I haven't contacted Nvidia myself but I don't see them giving me any different answer than what they gave all those other people (some of whom also purchased through Amazon). I had also read forum posts from people who did get their codes from Amazon but had to work with CS to receive them. Usually you get codes from the retailer that you then redeem on Nvidia's site to get the actual game codes, so I was definitely surprised when the Amazon rep told me to just buy the games from Amazon. The CS guy (who I'm guessing is located in India based on his name and b/c his English wasn't that great works in the Promotions dept so I assume(d) that he knew what he was talking about.

I'm really hoping that Amazon comes through for me though, as I would have gone with Newegg had I known Amazon wouldn't give me my codes. Newegg was running the promotion too but their GTX 770's were $15 more expensive. Still, I'd have paid the extra to get Assassin's Creed 4 and Splinter Cell: Black List had I known in advance that the promotion wouldn't be honored. I understand that it's Nvidia's promotion and not Amazon's, but Amazon had the promotion page up at the time I made my purchase and there was no indication that they wouldn't honor it. The 3 game promotion was a deciding factor in my purchase both of that card and my choice of Amazon as the retailer. I'd have gone elsewhere otherwise.
My friend had the same issue with the last promo but he got it through Newegg. Newegg sent him a new code.

I went to Nvidia's forums on their website and they state repeatedly in various posts that you have to contact the individual retailers to receive your codes. I haven't contacted Nvidia myself but I don't see them giving me any different answer than what they gave all those other people (some of whom also purchased through Amazon). I had also read forum posts from people who did get their codes from Amazon but had to work with CS to receive them. Usually you get codes from the retailer that you then redeem on Nvidia's site to get the actual game codes, so I was definitely surprised when the Amazon rep told me to just buy the games from Amazon. The CS guy (who I'm guessing is located in India based on his name and b/c his English wasn't that great) works in the Promotions dept so I assume(d) that he knew what he was talking about.

Good to know this. I thought Amazon had given you the the proper codes, but they had not redeemed correctly. In this case, it's definitely up to Amazon. I know the promotion changed at one point, but they should have still sent you the correct games. Did you redeem the codes for those games on UPlay yet? If you have, don't know if Amazon would go through the process of having those codes removed from your account, but either way you should not be in a position where you have to worry about those things.

That's the annoying thing about CS Reps, you almost always never get the same one and then they don't read all the traffic/history regarding it. Have you PMed Tony directly? It's not his department, but I'm sure he won't have a problem shooting it to the right person to help you out. I would suggest PMing Tony since your post might get lost in the thread and don't be afraid to follow up if he hasn't responded in a few days.

I did PM Tony, maybe he can help me sort this out.  I've also redeemed the codes for both games (Splinter Cell on Uplay and Assassin's Creed on Steam as I couldn't see where Amazon sold Uplay digital codes for that game, just a direct download) so they are on my Uplay account and Steam account respectively.  They have been removed from my Games and Software Library and that is fine with me.  If Amazon contacts Steam/Uplay and has them revoke the games from my accounts then I'm going to be upset.  The wording of the email suggested that this might happen, which is what got me worried in the first place since my Amazon CS experience up until that point led me to believe I was getting my games.

I have faith that it'll get settled eventually, but man o man is this thing turning out to be a headache. 

Edit: Ok, just now I see where the Uplay option for Assassin's Creed 4 is.  It's located under "Edition" instead of "Platform" which is where I was looking.  The Steam version DOES have a lower price though, though I'm aware that it's supposed to be a Uplay code in that promotion.

From a support issue I had with Uplay, I doubt they have the ability to remove a code from your account.  Steam do though.

From a support issue I had with Uplay, I doubt they have the ability to remove a code from your account. Steam do though.
If you're right, then this will work out ok. Splinter Cell is on Uplay, and for Assassin's Creed 4, even though it was a Steam code, it gave me a code to input into Uplay that then added the game to my Uplay account. So I think even if Steam takes away my access I can still get through if Uplay doesn't take any action.. I'll just have to launch directly through Uplay instead of going through Steam (who would then launch Uplay for me anyhow).

Actually, nevermind, the Uplay launcher then redirects me back to Steam before launching the game so I guess I'd still lose my access.

First Impression time: Final Exam $2.99 post-EC-credit

+ Very attractive and varied environments

+ A number of minor side-tasks keep things interesting

+ A pretty decent combo system

+ The story serves mainly as a reason to move you from level to level. It mostly stays in the background.

+ Upgrades, Equipment, and character classes help you customize your game a bit

+ 2 Player local co-op or 4 Player online

+ Leaderboards, Achievements, Trading Cards

- A bit repetitive

- Fairly short (4 hours or so, I've read)

The price is right on this one. It's competent and has good production values. I'm doing singleplayer, but it would definitely be fun with 4 players. Cards are going for .17-.30 each, if that matters.

I really enjoyed Shoot Many Robots and this reminds me of that game a bit, though FE has a bit more variety in its environments and missions and the focus is more on melee than guns.

Bundles be damned, I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
I really disliked the demo... I was about to buy it blindly but the demo took me off. Boss battles seem to be really interesting and funny, but levels seem to be boring. Maybe multiplayer is better, but soloing is too boring for me.
I finished Castle Crashers twice but barely finished Final Exam demo. I was hoping for more.

Not related to the missing game case, but I think I just started seeing this on all the digital games links:

"

Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use. Game and software downloads are non-returnable and non-refundable after purchase.
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.
"

I don't remember seeing the blurb about "non-returnable and non-refundable after purchase" prior to maybe a few days ago...It's understandable if it's a Steam key...just wondering.

Also, Amazon used to pride themselves that if you run out of activations on some games which have them, you can contact CS and they will take care of you.  I tried to look through all the links on the digital games site, but can't find that blurb anymore.

Has that policy been removed?

Not related to the missing game case, but I think I just started seeing this on all the digital games links:

"

Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use. Game and software downloads are non-returnable and non-refundable after purchase.
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.
"

I don't remember seeing the blurb about "non-returnable and non-refundable after purchase" prior to maybe a few days ago...It's understandable if it's a Steam key...just wondering.

Also, Amazon used to pride themselves that if you run out of activations on some games which have them, you can contact CS and they will take care of you. I tried to look through all the links on the digital games site, but can't find that blurb anymore.

Has that policy been removed?
Hmmm - I'm curious to what this applies to.

I'm guessing this might be namely for games requiring Steam, Origin, and UPlay DRM's - which basically those DRM's when required flat-out just tie game to your online account w/ that service.

Probably applies to MMO's, too - like stuff Trion does (Rift, Defiance) and Funcom (TSW) does, since those tie directly to your online-account w/ those games.

Yeah, Amazon DVG did give you unlimited activations - namely, I think that was for old-style Internet DRM's like those that have Securom Internet activation (Test Drive Unlimited 2) or Tages online activation, but did NOT tie to a service and account. I really hope the unlimited activations for those old-style Internet DRM's still do apply.

Hmmm - I'm curious to what this applies to.

I'm guessing this might be namely for games requiring Steam, Origin, and UPlay DRM's - which basically those DRM's when required flat-out just tie game to your online account w/ that service.

Probably applies to MMO's, too - like stuff Trion does (Rift, Defiance) and Funcom (TSW) does, since those tie directly to your online-account w/ those games.
That covers pretty much every game on the store that matters.

That covers pretty much every game on the store that matters.
So, Non-Steam version w/ limited activations for TDU2 that Amazon DVG sells doesn't matter?

{eyebrow raises heavily @ you}

I love that freaking game.

TDU2 PC everywhere uses Securom Internet Activation w/ install limits. Amazon DVG Non-Steam version only uses that DRM.

Even the Steam-version (can only be bought through Steam) carries both 3rd party Securom-activation crap and Steam DRM. IMHO - Atari's in financial trouble; Eden Games is gone (some are at Ivory Tower working on The Club w/ UbiSoft & Reflections); the game's really old and been really cheap; and TDU2 actually does have an offline mode - so, the Securom DRM should be pulled; especially on the Steam-version.

Someone tell EA guy to get an official port of this stuff going please. :D
And tell him to separate the time saver DLC from the rest of the content, seems like nobody but me complains about this issue but buying the Burnout Paradise DLC screws up the single player campaign by unlocking every car. :(

And tell him to separate the time saver DLC from the rest of the content, seems like nobody but me complains about this issue but buying the Burnout Paradise DLC screws up the single player campaign by unlocking every car. :(
Well, that bites for BP!

Part of the fun of both Burnout Paradise and also NFS: Most Wanted 2012 is going around and finding all of the damn cars. I've never found 'em all in either games - and is one of the reasons I keep coming back to those games, when I do.

In Burnout Paradise unlocking cars is tied into the progression of the game. Unlocking them, chasing them down and taking them out, and then beating their burning routes. Whoever put the time saver pack onto the same code as the other DLC wasn't thinking, it sucks cause Tony said the EA guy who arranged bringing the DLC back to PC is a huge Burnout fan and I would have expected him to know better. :whistle2:(

In Burnout Paradise unlocking cars is tied into the progression of the game. Unlocking them, chasing them down and taking them out, and then beating their burning routes. Whoever put the time saver pack onto the same code as the other DLC wasn't thinking, it sucks cause Tony said the EA guy who arranged bringing the DLC back to PC is a huge Burnout fan and I would have expected him to know better. :whistle2:(
Yeah it's one of the worst implementations of DLC I've seen. I don't know why he didn't split it up, or at least take the Time Savers DLC out. This encourages people to unlock the vehicles via modding/edditing save files rather than buying the DLC..

Hell, it encourages me to play it on PS3. I bought most of the DLC on there, but skipped the Time Savers Pack.. they keep screwing over the PC version by not offering all of the DLC, and messing up the DLC pack.

Just a quick update:  I got a mail just now saying that digital items getting removed from your account when you get a refund is automated and that it was a mistake I wasn't told this before.  At least I think that's the gist of it.  However, if I had already downloaded the games I can keep them, and if for w/e reason they DO get removed (at the moment I can access them still) then contact CS again and they'll issue me a promotional credit for the cost of the two games at which time I can purchase them again. 

Woot.  Amazon CS is still the best around, I guess you just have to get lucky and get someone who understands what you're talking about.  Once you do they go above and beyond.

Anyways, faith in Amazon.......  restored.

I really disliked the demo... I was about to buy it blindly but the demo took me off. Boss battles seem to be really interesting and funny, but levels seem to be boring. Maybe multiplayer is better, but soloing is too boring for me.
I finished Castle Crashers twice but barely finished Final Exam demo. I was hoping for more.
Demos are always good. You can't beat trying it out for yourself when it comes to decide on a purchase. However, I didn't try out the demo, so I can't comment on its contents.

The game definitely starts out a little slow and there are some long-ish hallways that don't have a lot of activity. For a brawler you don't really expect to see that happen too much. There is a bit of exploration involved, though, in finding pieces that will help you boost and improve your score, so it is different from Castle Crashers in that respect.

Final Exam has a better combo system than CC, in my opinion. You have an offhand weapon and a grenade to throw in there as well. It certainly looks nicer and the levels are a tad more varied. I think CC probably has more content overall though and I probably like it a little better.

Still, for $3, I am enjoying FE. It's worth a try if you like brawlers. Sorry the demo didn't work out for you.

I did PM Tony, maybe he can help me sort this out. I've also redeemed the codes for both games (Splinter Cell on Uplay and Assassin's Creed on Steam as I couldn't see where Amazon sold Uplay digital codes for that game, just a direct download) so they are on my Uplay account and Steam account respectively. They have been removed from my Games and Software Library and that is fine with me. If Amazon contacts Steam/Uplay and has them revoke the games from my accounts then I'm going to be upset. The wording of the email suggested that this might happen, which is what got me worried in the first place since my Amazon CS experience up until that point led me to believe I was getting my games.

I have faith that it'll get settled eventually, but man o man is this thing turning out to be a headache.

Edit: Ok, just now I see where the Uplay option for Assassin's Creed 4 is. It's located under "Edition" instead of "Platform" which is where I was looking. The Steam version DOES have a lower price though, though I'm aware that it's supposed to be a Uplay code in that promotion.
tho i havent got these but i didnt mess up winter 2012 and my codes for some of the games civ 4 and civ 5 hasnt been revoked they said maybe chance of revoking but it was amazon superstragety game so maybe that helps u bit

tho or might not

and edit that good then

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back