Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm slightly interested in Medal Of Honor Warfighter at $4.49. Oddly enough I didn't hate the one before it however that might be because I got it for $2.99. The fact that I only play single player or co-op means I might not get much out of it. So I don't know, meh.

I just barely stopped myself from double dipping on the Saboteur/Syndicate bundle, I already own both games on 360 and I really ought to stop buying games twice.

And way to go Snibborg, that was very kind of you to drop all those codes. I just sure hope none of those codes were infested with buttworms... Now to make a mental note to myself to check this thread more often so I don't keep missing the code drops, lol..

P.S. I know this is a long shot... But Syntax Error, do you mod at all for Gmod? I downloaded a bunch of mods today by someone with the gamertag of "Syntax Error".

I think the co-op content is better, but it can be solo'd if that's your thing. (I'm a solo player.)
I gotta ask but how did you solo the co-op in Syndicate? Did you finish all maps solo? I haven't played it in awhile but there were only a couple of maps that I knew could be solo'd as the difficulty level was set quite high even on normal. I consider myself pretty decent at FPS games and I had a really tough on some maps with 2 others. I highly recommend VoIP for co-op so you can strategize real-time since I believe you need to treat the game more like a MMO than shooter. I never finished all the maps so feel free to add my on Origin as well, username is Daykain. I also bought Need for Speed: Most Wanted and am looking for people to race against too.

I guess I'm slightly interested in Medal Of Honor Warfighter at $4.49. Oddly enough I didn't hate the one before it however that might be because I got it for $2.99. The fact that I only play single player or co-op means I might not get much out of it. So I don't know, meh.
I'm slightly interested as well. Hmm. I have plenty of shooters now but... three coupons left. Maybe someone will sway me one way or the other.

Borderlands standard (not credit eligible) was just discounted 23%, bringing the total to $23.

GOTY is still showing 50% off at $29.99

Anyone expect or know if the price on GOTY, which is credit eligible, will drop during this promo? Is 50% the best we can expect?

Borderlands standard (not credit eligible) was just discounted 23%, bringing the total to $23.

Anyone expect or know if the price on GOTY, which is credit eligible, will drop during this promo? Is 50% the best we can expect?
You're asking for a alot of conjecture.

I gotta ask but how did you solo the co-op in Syndicate? Did you finish all maps solo? I haven't played it in awhile but there were only a couple of maps that I knew could be solo'd as the difficulty level was set quite high even on normal. I consider myself pretty decent at FPS games and I had a really tough on some maps with 2 others. I highly recommend VoIP for co-op so you can strategize real-time since I believe you need to treat the game more like a MMO than shooter. I never finished all the maps so feel free to add my on Origin as well, username is Daykain. I also bought Need for Speed: Most Wanted and am looking for people to race against too.
I didn't finish any of the co-op maps as I kinda had my fill after the SP campaign which was a shame because I felt the co-op stuff was laid out better. I never really felt the need in the campaign to use the DART stuff much and just sorta breezed through it like a regular shooter, but in co-op I felt the added bonuses were more important. I do tend to play my FPS games on harder difficulties, though so the added difficulty of solo co-op was actually refreshing.

P.S. I know this is a long shot... But Syntax Error, do you mod at all for Gmod? I downloaded a bunch of mods today by someone with the gamertag of "Syntax Error".
Nope. Unless there's money in it for me. then, yeah, I'm your guy.

I'm slightly interested as well. Hmm. I have plenty of shooters now but... three coupons left. Maybe someone will sway me one way or the other.
I though it was okay. Not amazing but I got $4.xx worth of enjoyment out of the single-player campaign. Graphics are well done, sounds good, guns feel different from one another. Missions are kind of short and linear so I usually felt like as soon as I was getting into the groove of one, it was about over. Some non-shooty sequences (vehicle driving, etc) which I never really like in my FPS games but they seem to be practically a requirement in military shooters. Like all these SP campaigns, it's pretty short and feels sort of after-thoughtish and is a little heavy in "Yay, military!" glurge but, again, I liked it well enough for four bucks 'n change.

Just got the Syndicate/Saboteur bundle. I beat Syndicate, but always kind of wanted to play the Saboteur, and $2.50 for it seems about right :) Glad I have been saving my two coupons, because thus far I had never seen anything I wanted.

Some good deals sure, but I already had Crysis 3, DS3, and Brothers (those were the only good deals Ive seen that would match my interests)... I have one coupon left, and Ive been eyeing Alice MR, but now that I know secret deals might spring up out of nowhere (i.e. Freyja and S/S bundle), im hesitant to use my last coupon on Alice :/

I wouldn't pay more than $19 for the GOTY. Towards the end of last year, prior to the holiday sales GMG had BL2 content on sale and you could a la carte the GOTY content (minus the pointless "premiere" stuff) for like $18.xx (after the 20% off voucher mind you). And no, I'm not going to mention the $14.99 Steam GOTY glitch price. (Oops, too late.)

Bit surprised it sold out at all there unless it was a glitch. Syndicate was $5 or less last year in a number of places and this year ain't much different. Saboteur meanwhile is a 4 year old game that's been bundled quite a few times. The 5 game set 2 years ago for $10 (not in the EC either might I add) or a different $13 one that's both itself and Syndicate along with Bulletstorm (which is still inferior). Basically unless you want both of them, no rush. They'll be bundled again, hopefully in better stuff. For an idea, and for those who forgot they had it, this is the 2012 bundle that was $10:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GWJKE6

Nope. Unless there's money in it for me. then, yeah, I'm your guy.

I though it was okay. Not amazing but I got $4.xx worth of enjoyment out of the single-player campaign. Graphics are well done, sounds good, guns feel different from one another. Missions are kind of short and linear so I usually felt like as soon as I was getting into the groove of one, it was about over. Some non-shooty sequences (vehicle driving, etc) which I never really like in my FPS games but they seem to be practically a requirement in military shooters. Like all these SP campaigns, it's pretty short and feels sort of after-thoughtish and is a little heavy in "Yay, military!" glurge but, again, I liked it well enough for four bucks 'n change.
I couldn't get it to work. There's a pretty notorious bug that causes the game to crash after the opening splash screens. Never got to play a second of it.

I just barely stopped myself from double dipping on the Saboteur/Syndicate bundle, I already own both games on 360 and I really ought to stop buying games twice.

And way to go Snibborg, that was very kind of you to drop all those codes. I just sure hope none of those codes were infested with buttworms... Now to make a mental note to myself to check this thread more often so I don't keep missing the code drops, lol..

Buttworm free i think.

Ugh impulse bought that bundle, only realised it was a lovely package of securom and origin right after the purchase. That's the last time I'm buying things on a whim.

Bit surprised it sold out at all there unless it was a glitch. Syndicate was $5 or less last year in a number of places and this year ain't much different. Saboteur meanwhile is a 4 year old game that's been bundled quite a few times. The 5 game set 2 years ago for $10 (not in the EC either might I add) or a different $13 one that's both itself and Syndicate along with Bulletstorm (which is still inferior). Basically unless you want both of them, no rush. They'll be bundled again, hopefully in better stuff. For an idea, and for those who forgot they had it, this is the 2012 bundle that was $10:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GWJKE6
That bundle was great! too bad I had ME, burnout and Bulletstorm already, so I didn't end up getting it.

Aliens: Isolation preoder $9.99 - MSRP unknown, but still at least 75% off.

http://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Isolation-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00HQ0WNI4

Impending doom for the Alien-franchise detected, or nice deal?

Non-EC-coupon eligible, though.

Edit: LOL, price error corrected O:)
Best deal so far, and it's a glitch.

Then again, that's usually what makes them great,

fuck.. didn't see your post until it was corrected
Would they even have honoured it given that it's a preorder?

Don't. Ignorance is bliss. What is heard cannot be unheard.

Don't read this (skimming it, it's a concise summary): http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr12/articles/lost-in-translation.htm

Don't take a recording of castanets and compress it and listen for splatter where a crisp response should be. That will happen at *any* bitrate in MP3s. (There are more artifacts but that's the hit-you-in-face one.)
LALALALA! Not listening!

Ugh impulse bought that bundle, only realised it was a lovely package of securom and origin right after the purchase. That's the last time I'm buying things on a whim.
For what it's worth I found the Securom used for Saboteur completely unobtrusive. In fact, I grabbed three games from Amazon in the past year that used Securom and in all cases it was not a problem. Easy to activate and easy to revoke activations when I was upgrading my system. Not at all like my experiences with disc-based Securom back some years.

If anyone is interested, I'm getting a steady 60fps in Most Wanted with the default settings (everything on max except AO and Geometry Detail which are set to medium) plus Supersampling set to 2x. I tried setting the AA to 4x and it got super choppy. Haven't tried raising the AO or geometry yet. I got it dropping down to 55-58 for a split second doing donuts, guess it was the smoke.

i5 3570k @ 3.4GHz

GTX 770

1200p

Ohh, these bastards put the DLC cars in the game sitting on the street like the normal cars, but if you drive up to them it says go to store instead of switch to car. It also seems to leave a store icon on your minimap where that car is. Uncool. On the plus side, it's playing dubstep right now.

Might have helped if he didn't announce it where the Amazon rep hangs out. Just sayin'

I like Tony and all but deals before hos, or something like that.
Yeah, it'd have been better if he posted in the Steam thread. Posting price mistakes in the Amazon thread.. is bad for us. Good for Tony, though!

I'm gonna buy the Saboteur / Syndicate pack, if anyone wants Saboteur PM me, just pay me the 2.50 via PP and it's yours.

Edit: Done.

LALALALA! Not listening!

For what it's worth I found the Securom used for Saboteur completely unobtrusive. In fact, I grabbed three games from Amazon in the past year that used Securom and in all cases it was not a problem. Easy to activate and easy to revoke activations when I was upgrading my system. Not at all like my experiences with disc-based Securom back some years.
You can also register it on Origin... many reports of having to bug an EA rep to do so.

If anyone is interested, I'm getting a steady 60fps in Most Wanted with the default settings (everything on max except AO and Geometry Detail which are set to medium) plus Supersampling set to 2x. I tried setting the AA to 4x and it got super choppy. Haven't tried raising the AO or geometry yet. I got it dropping down to 55-58 for a split second doing donuts, guess it was the smoke.

i5 3570k @ 3.4GHz

GTX 770

1200p
Nice! I *think* Geometry is tesselation (or something on that order)... I couldn't tell much of a difference with it at different levels (but I couldn't run it at higher levels well anyway.)

There's a really neat option for accurate shadows... I don't think it's on by default.

So it can be $2 September 2015.
ftfy

Re: Most Wanted cont'd from last page

Putting Geometry Detail to high doesn't seem to affect anything, AO to high impacts by about 10 frames, when I set both to high it destroyed the fps, it was in the 30s and all stuttery. Definitely going to leave AO at medium. I noticed that even with both of those on medium I would drop to 56-58 inside certain tunnels. I've still only played for 20 min so I haven't experienced everything. I'm going to add some SweetFX later cause the colors are a bit washed out.

Cool game so far, now to try some actual races.

Ohhh these bastards... I keep seeing a parked car and stop to collect it, only to have it take me to the store to buy it. Reminds me of how they crammed microtransactions into Dead Space 3.

Maybe I spoke to soon, on occasion the fps drops as low as 55 even with both of those settings down to Medium, it's not that often and it's brief so I can live with it. I had Geometry on High and crashed into something, it went down to the 40s and stayed there so I'm leaving that at medium after all.

Guess I've said enough about this game, just thought it might help people make decisions on buying.

I'm gonna buy the Saboteur / Syndicate pack, if anyone wants Saboteur PM me, just pay me the 2.50 via PP and it's yours.
****.... i would have done this, because all i wanted was Saboteur since I already beat Syndicate. But I already bought it :( blah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back