Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you suggesting that time-traveling for cheaper game sale prices isn't a worthy goal?
OMG I hadn't thought of that. Can't wait til Cheapy irons out the kinks. I'm gonna need MysterD to recite every good glitch there ever was* so I know where when to visit

*This is not actually necessary atm

OMG I hadn't thought of that. Can't wait til Cheapy irons out the kinks. I'm gonna need MysterD to recite every good glitch there ever was* so I know where when to visit

*This is not actually necessary atm
Hmmm I'll start... the infamous $1 blowout on the majority of ubisoft catalog due to the system glitch overnight. Believe that happened about 3 years ago (and it was fun times for all).

Sorry also forgot this update:

1/23-1/31:

GTA TRILOGY - $6.99

MAX PAYNE 3 COMPLETE - $7.49

GTA TRILOGY + GTA IV - $10.99

LA NOIRE/MP3 - $7.99

GTA IV/MP3 - $7.99

Prices are pre-coupon.

Cheers,

Tony
Nice!

So - EA, Rockstar and 505 showed up to the EC Party.

I already own all those Rockstar Games, though.

I hope more companies show-up.

Nice!

wasnt max payne completee 6.99 right welll if i was to buy the max payne 3 it might be better than wait for ccomplete to go on sale tho 6.99 vs 6.23 (using steeam instead)

Nice!

I would think some of the smaller companies would be more eager than the big names. Unless there's some sort've economical reason why they don't participate.

Yeah, I'd like to see a LA Noire Complete offered too. But I'll probably buy LAN/MP3 pack and pick up the various DLC's later.
Don't bother with the MP3 DLCs if you never play multiplayer... they're ALL for that mode. LA Noire's DLC is all story related so that's actually worth getting.

I'm sad there's no LA Noire Complete here. I want it. The bundles are a great value... but I already own everything. :(

I think I might end up using all my spare coupons to buy stuff for other folks.

I'm out of curious about GFWL will shut down in the middle of this year that how is GTA IV's future? because this game is still use GFWL to play :/
Rockstar would be incredibly stupid to let one of their best selling games die off like that. Then again, they keep tacking on Rockstar Social Crap on everything, so...

Don't bother with the MP3 DLCs if you never play multiplayer... they're ALL for that mode. LA Noire's DLC is all story related so that's actually worth getting.

I'm sad there's no LA Noire Complete here. I want it. The bundles are a great value... but I already own everything. :(

I think I might end up using all my spare coupons to buy stuff for other folks.

Rockstar would be incredibly stupid to let one of their best selling games die off like that. Then again, they keep tacking on Rockstar Social Crap on everything, so...
I'd be happy w/ Rockstar if they dropped both G4WL + Securom on Steam-version of GTA4 + EFLC.

EDIT:

I kind of understand them supporting RockStar Social Club since it's their own baby - even though in Steam-versions of games, I'd rather it not be there. The less DRM, the better.

Holy fuck all my favorite GTA's for $2. Yay! Now to collect a bunch of graphics mods in anticipation. :whee:

No Vice Cry for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhzLXaPlcQE
My favorite GTA = Vice City.

Love to hear any sort of mods, engine ports, and anything being done to that game.

Still hoping for the day we see Vice City 2.

C'mon, Rockstar....

{taps foot impatiently}

Don't bother with the MP3 DLCs if you never play multiplayer... they're ALL for that mode.
I've mentioned this previously, but the survival mode that is included with the MP3 Season Pass, Dead Men Walking, is entirely playable solo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZNmNjEGnc[/youtube]

I've mentioned this previously, but the survival mode that is included with the MP3 Season Pass, Dead Men Walking, is entirely playable solo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZNmNjEGnc[/youtube]
I didn't know that. That's good to know.

I'd feel better about these latest additions if one of my EC coupons wasn't from buying Max Payne 3.
Buy it again and make it a PAYNCEPTION.

Rockstar's arrival at the party has inspired me.  I'm installing MaxPayne 3 (previously purchased, backlogged) even as we speak.  

If I recall correctly, the consensus was that you didn't need to play MP 1 or 2 to enjoy 3?

Edit: I forget how freaking big of a download MP3 is.

What needs to be added is Skyrim Legendary edition, and how about some Mass Effect 3 instead of 2?
I still am trying to figure out why ME2 is up, and not ME3 ?

Then, at least we have some nice gift packs :)

What needs to be added is Skyrim Legendary edition, and how about some Mass Effect 3 instead of 2? I still am trying to figure out why ME2 is up, and not ME3 ? Then, at least we have some nice gift packs :)
I also could go for a good deal on ME3 DLC Bundle Pack.

I can go for better deal on ME2 DLC Pack.

I really would like to see a DA2 DLC Bundle Pack.

Rockstar's arrival at the party has inspired me. I'm installing MaxPayne 3 (previously purchased, backlogged) even as we speak.

If I recall correctly, the consensus was that you didn't need to play MP 1 or 2 to enjoy 3?

Edit: I forget how freaking big of a download MP3 is.
I'd been meaning to push MP3 up the playlist just to recover that 30GB of disk space.

Is there one link showing all of the deals going on?

I see lists, people mentioning stuff that aren't on lists, links to spreadsheets, and so on. Im late to this game so can someone catch me up?

Is there one link showing all of the deals going on?

I see lists, people mentioning stuff that aren't on lists, links to spreadsheets, and so on. Im late to this game so can someone catch me up?
The links in my Sig and asheskitty sig are the most complete up to date list there is. As Tony announces stuff we add it to our lists to the best of our abilities.

The OP is pretty much outdated as far as current goes.

FYI If you wanna play San Andreas with a controller you'll need this mod called SAAC and then revert the exe to an older version... it took me forever to find the right files but I should have them somewhere. This is because the game normally doesn't allow you to map the d-pad to anything but character movement. If I recall correctly, it's been a long time.

[Cross posted on Steam Thread]

I've been getting back into The Secret World recently and I'd like to give a little something back to the CAG community. So, I'm having a little contest where I am giving away 5 codes for the game (not steam unfortunately, 4 amazon and 1 retail box). Here are the rules:

1) Contest starts now

2) Contest ends on Sunday, January 19, 2014 at midnight pacific time.

3) PM me for one entry (Mulitple PMs do not lead to multiple entries and may lead to disqualifications)

4) Each entry will be assigned a number based on the order it is received. (but having an early entry does not give you any benefits)

5) You can get 1-4 additional entries by including in your pm: faction you think you'd play (1 extra), deck you like (1 extra) and an explanation of why (1-2 subjective extra entries based on how much I like the answer - you don't need to write an essay, just something interesting)

6) When I have a chance on Monday (no specific time, I have to work, but hopefully around 6pm pacific). I will announce the winners in both the Amazon PCDD thread and the Steam thread. I will also pm the winners. The winners must pm me back to claim the code by Sunday, January 26, 2014 at midnight pacific time. If anyone does not, I will pick another winner for their code.

7) Winners will be chosen by random number generator. For example if you are the 5th person to pm me, I assign number 5. If you include the faction you want, you get number 6. Include the deck and an explanation that I like, you get 7, 8, and 9. I will set the random number generator based on the number of entries and if your number comes up, you win.

8) No more than one code can be won by an account.

9) I hope this is enough, but I reserve the right to change the rules at any time. I don't have any plans to, but I've never run something like this before so there may be problems I have not anticipated.

10) These are all US keys, I'm not sure how it works if you are not in the US.

Requests - I'm not going to enforce these in anyway, but it would be nice if:

1) If you win, you use a trial from me before you sign up permanently so I can get the veteran points or whatever it is.

2) If you win, you add my character ("Pyrmancer") in game (you can ignore, me but if you're interested, I'm always happy to help out in the early areas)

3) If you already have the game, it's fine if you give the code to a friend, but it would be nice if you add my char in game and ask the person who gets the code to do this as well.

4) [maybe I'll think of other things]

Finally, thanks Tony for putting together a great community - I hope you're feeling better,

Congrats to:

Financial Panther

ChelseaGrinK

Master Miguel

Gramis

Palinn

PM me to confirm you still want the key :bouncy: and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks to everyone who sent me PMs. There were some great entries and I wish I could buy a code for everyone.

FYI If you wanna play San Andreas with a controller you'll need this mod called SAAC and then revert the exe to an older version... it took me forever to find the right files but I should have them somewhere. This is because the game normally doesn't allow you to map the d-pad to anything but character movement. If I recall correctly, it's been a long time.
GTA3, VC, & SA all predate the 360. They all have controller support via DirectInput controllers: Logitech RumblePad 2 / F310/510/710 as well as the DS3 w/BetterDS3.

Tony, nice job on the Rockstar games.  The prices are great.

That said, I'm on the fence.  I've never been a big fan of GTA.  I've held out on LA Noire and MP3 this long as well because they just don't hold much appeal to me.  At these prices, I would probably buy just to add to the backlog...if it wasn't for the shitty port jobs and extra DRM.  Rockstar is shooting themselves in the foot here, as far as I'm concerned.  At this point, the only way I'll pick them up is if no other deals come up before the 31st.

But I've still got my fingers crossed for Sega, 2K, and Namco.  So far, just one coupon of nine used, on the Secret World.

any news on GFWL removal on GTA or any Rockstar games that used GFWL?  

Will my GTAIV game be unplayable if GFWL shut down a few months down the road?

Can someone give me advice on whether I should buy the GTA games or not? I don't usually play sims so I'm not sure.
I loved GTA IV. If you want to live a virtual criminal life and drive stolen vehicles at break-neck speeds around a crowded city then you'll love it.

I haven't played GTA III since it's release but I preferred IV by miles. The handling of the cars is 1000 times better, plus you can also fly helicopters and drive boats. The visuals are of course also much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back