Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaaand if rockstar games bore you "after 10 hours or so". You should play it like the speed run guys do, focused. I have two friends that are married with kids that never finished gta4 cause of not having spare time to get totally immersed in it like they did with past GTAs. So when gta5 dropped I told them to stay focused, don't watch tv, side stuff etc, until they finish the main story. They took my advice, finished the game in a reasonable amount of time and had a blast doing it.

I actually like some Rockstar games - Red Dead Redemption was spectacular. As a whole, I think Rockstar is overrated, though.
RDR was a great game.... but it still suffers from Rockstaritis.

Rockstaritis, for those who don't know, is the condition in a Rockstar game where the length of the game is extended through fetch quests/missions and/or other BS that no one in their right mind would do to gain/getone favor from someone. To me, Rockstar just has the annoying habit of distracting from their story with this frivolous stuff... Max Payne 3 being the sole exception. (They didn't really make LA Norie, so I'm not including it.)

Ugh, imo, gta4 was a horrible pot of video game sludge. I regret blowing ten hours trying to convince myself i wasn't bored with it. The main story missions...not fun either. Always starts out driving with those terrible driving controls that made it feel like I was driving an elephant through a giant bowl of molasses, followed by "shoot this guy with our crappy shooting mechanics."

Blargh, i hated that game.

How the hell it has like a 96 metascore is beyond my comprehension.
To me GTA is a lot like RPGs. They have a lot of cool shit, but the trade off is usually the combat system (or driving). Like Dead Island, loved that game, but the combat and especially driving left a lot to be desired. If you're not into all the other cool shit, then there's really nothing drawing you into the game. That said, I really thought Sleeping Dogs had the best driving and combat in a open world GTA style game so far so you might want to give it a try. Not perfect, but definitely better.

RDR was a great game.... but it still suffers from Rockstaritis.

Rockstaritis, for those who don't know, is the condition in a Rockstar game where the length of the game is extended through fetch quests/missions and/or other BS that no one in their right mind would do to gain/getone favor from someone. To me, Rockstar just has the annoying habit of distracting from their story with this frivolous stuff... Max Payne 3 being the sole exception. (They didn't really make LA Norie, so I'm not including it.)
I call that RPGitis.

So I just played Company of Heroes 2 for the first time and I have to say I am pretty pleased with my purchase! The game reminds me a little bit of R.U.S.E, which is another WWII RTS game that I enjoy playing. I am going to be doing a bunch of AI Skirmishes to learn the game, if anyone wants to join me just shoot me a PM.

So I just played Company of Heroes 2 for the first time and I have to say I am pretty pleased with my purchase! The game reminds me a little bit of R.U.S.E, which is another WWII RTS game that I enjoy playing. I am going to be doing a bunch of AI Skirmishes to learn the game, if anyone wants to join me just shoot me a PM.
Had you played CoH first? If so, how do you like it in comparison?

Yeah, that could work to but truth be told its more like Game Design 101 but how Rockstar gets away with it I'm really not sure... They can obviously do better than it. They couldn't write great novel, IMHO, but they can/do write way above average games.
rockstar has always been about building superior sandboxes over anything else imo

Assuming the backlog is infinite, it makes even more sense to just wait for the goatee version ;)
True. I had been hoping for a better deal on Infinite. Your idea makes more sense with regards of my 2014 resolution of only DLC or GOTY.

On a personal note, my goatee contains all digestible, lickable content released in 2013...

Had you played CoH first? If so, how do you like it in comparison?
i played both the first one and the 2nd one. The 2nd one is more like a cash grab CLONE of the first with LITTLE INNOVATION and a sh1t load of DLCs after Relic got bought by $ega. If you are new to the franchise, buy the 1st one for cheap. If you already have the 1st one, wait for the GOTY with all the dlcs.

The only reason I bought COH2 b/c the price mistake Amazon has. If it wasn't that, I wouldn't even consider making the purchase.

For anybody who hasn't donated to the CAG Charity Drive, this prize was added:

:pc: 10 x Any Digital PC game From Amazon (Thanks, Tony & Amazon!)

I know it's a longshot, but I always donate for the off chance I might win a console or something like this!

Thanks. You can use the points on ME3 DLC, but there was only enough points for two of the more expensive ones.

I'd have thought / hoped that you could get the whole set of ME3 DLC for ~$20 by now, and I had read a post in here from 6 days back that it was at that price (the post seems to be gone now).

Thanks. You can use the points on ME3 DLC, but there was only enough points for two of the more expensive ones.

I'd have thought / hoped that you could get the whole set of ME3 DLC for ~$20 by now, and I had read a post in here from 6 days back that it was at that price (the post seems to be gone now).
The only discount available on ME3 PC DLC is by getting the DD version of ME3 which includes From Ashes. I don't recall any talk in this thread about ME3 DLC lately, however.

if you thought gta4 was a grind your playing it wrong imo. Do the main story missions, don't get bogged down doing side stuff/friend activities and its a whole different experience. That being said Gay Tony was superior of the 3 story arcs for gta4. Sure San Andreas is my favorite of them all but that doesn't mean 4 is bad, its just different.
I like GTA style games, I loved VC, SA, SR2, SR3, & Sleeping Dogs. For GTA they forgot to throw fun into the mix. It is a grind because the main story line is too damn long. I'd have a better opinion of it if it was a half or a third the length.

Aaaaand if rockstar games bore you "after 10 hours or so". You should play it like the speed run guys do, focused. I have two friends that are married with kids that never finished gta4 cause of not having spare time to get totally immersed in it like they did with past GTAs. So when gta5 dropped I told them to stay focused, don't watch tv, side stuff etc, until they finish the main story. They took my advice, finished the game in a reasonable amount of time and had a blast doing it.
Or you should play a different game. Our backlogs are too big to be wasting time on a boring game. Amazingly, different people have different tastes.

I like GTA style games, I loved VC, SA, SR2, SR3, & Sleeping Dogs. For GTA they forgot to throw fun into the mix. It is a grind because the main story line is too damn long. I'd have a better opinion of it if it was a half or a third the length.

Or you should play a different game. Our backlogs are too big to be wasting time on a boring game. Amazingly, different people have different tastes.
fair enough

I've been hitting that lately as well. Kind of annoying.

Still don't see the point in using that as a reference. The sale items are a constantly changing list. Not even all of what is showing is on sale.
Yeah I just wanna spend my $20 promo credit but I either already have/don't want/won't pay that much/can't see the games so I asked what that 5th page shenanigan is all about...

Yeah I just wanna spend my $20 promo credit but I either already have/don't want/won't pay that much/can't see the games so I asked what that 5th page shenanigan is all about...
Understandable. But you're on CAG now. Use the information that is provided by the wonderful people here to your advantage. All the sale info you need is either in the OP, Tony's reddit posts or asheskitty's and Sepioth's sigs.

Understandable. But you're on CAG now. Use the information that is provided by the wonderful people here to your advantage. All the sale info you need is either in the OP, Tony's reddit posts or asheskitty's and Sepioth's sigs.
Thanks, already read them through but I still don't know what's up with that annoyingly empty 5th page on the Amazon page. Well, I guess nobody knows. :D At least it's not a problem on my side...

And pick a avatar hippie :wave:
Right.

Man, I hope Ubisoft responds to Tony before the end of the month. All I really want is FC3 or FC3+Blood Dragon pack $9.99 pre-coupon.

Why isn't there an Ubi guy lurking these forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back