Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Fox says this, but he forgot the one time I alerted him to a Planescape Torment code being given away on GOG (he took it). Then he later realized he already had it on GG. Hypocrite ;)
But I didn't have it on GOG and the GOG version is easier to run. That and I am a registered member of GOG and I PMed the gifter to personally thank him, so nice try Spoder, but don't try to distract from your lurking ways!

But I didn't have it on GOG and the GOG version is easier to run. That and I am a registered member of GOG and I PMed the gifter to personally thank him, so nice try Spoder, but don't try to distract from your lurking ways!
You can't not be registered on GOG if you buy anything on there lol, and I don't think you posted on there before. Pretty much the same as what the person you were referring to did.

You can't not be registered on GOG if you buy anything on there lol, and I don't think you posted on there before. Pretty much the same as what the person you were referring to did.
But did I still take the time to personally thank the guy? Yes. So no, not the same thing at all. Nice try, lurker.

Everyone is missing the issue of [customspoiler=greater importance...]

We need to get

mary-sue-pecan-nougat-94287.jpg

to be purchasable from 

a.com_logo_RGB.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I think the best thing to do is for Tony to stop dropping codes because every time he does there's a shitstorm spanning several pages of people complaining that they didn't get the code. Boo-fucking-hoo, so you didn't win the lottery, guess we have to make it "more fair" then?

This is why we can't have nice things.

I think the best thing to do is for Tony to stop dropping codes because every time he does there's a shitstorm spanning several pages of people complaining that they didn't get the code. Boo-fucking-hoo, so you didn't win the lottery, guess we have to make it "more fair" then?
People will complain no matter what. A few people bitched at LN for doing a PM style giveaway.

Oh, geez, will people stop complaining. I hate complainers. All they do is complain. Complainers are worse than lurkers. At least lurkers remain silent.

And  fuck snow.

How can we lose to the lurkers on Squeenix and Ubi deals?
Oh, you mean the new deals. I'm actually looking forward to that. Though I guess others either have the games or expect them to be the next high profile Humble Bundle.

I just want something to spend my 4 EC credits on.

Oh, you mean the new deals. I'm actually looking forward to that. Though I guess others either have the games or expect them to be the next high profile Humble Bundle.

I just want something to spend my 4 EC credits on.
That makes sense, I'm still new to PC gaming so any good deal will get me excited

Sorry for multiple posts, I'm on mobile

Personally, I own pretty much everything from their current catalog of games that I want. And let's be honest, this is all about me.
While I often agree with you. Here you are dead wrong.

It's all about me.

But you're right. The only Squeenix game I'm interest in the the new Thief (I probably should play the first two, the looked impressive back in the day.) Only Splinter Cell Blacklist and AC3/4 come to mind for Ubi.

Well I'll wait for Tony's big update.. seems that after all the rants on the quality of this EC Sale we might finish on a strong note  :whee:

Ooh I'll cross my fingers for the Prince of Persia Pack that is currently more expensive to buy bundled than separately.

It seems the Prince of Persia pack was removed from the Steam store, but there is nothing about drm on amazon's listing.

Prince of Persia Pack

While I often agree with you. Here you are dead wrong.

It's all about me.

But you're right. The only Squeenix game I'm interest in the the new Thief (I probably should play the first two, the looked impressive back in the day.) Only Splinter Cell Blacklist and AC3/4 come to mind for Ubi.
You got me there.

But, yeah. I own all the Thief games (including the new to be released one) already - none played. All of the AC games - only 2 hours of AC1 played. And Blacklist - ...not played. And other Squeenix games...I won't even bother going there.

But, it's still good for the people with sub-500 game accounts, I suppose. Not that I really give a fuq about them.

I wanna get Splinter Cell Blacklist some day but only a Steam activating version. You can get the Uplay one as low as $8 in the trade thread. Took me forever to sell mine and I was lucky to get $16 for it.

Everyone is missing the issue of [customspoiler=greater importance...]

We need to get

mary-sue-pecan-nougat-94287.jpg

to be purchasable from

a.com_logo_RGB.jpg
[/customspoiler]
They have this. It's not in stock currently, but it's possible it'll come back in time for Easter.

As far as Square and Ubisoft goes, I'm not going to get too excited by deals that haven't been posted yet. That said, if either Tomb Raider or Far Cry 3 drop below $5 post EC, i'll probably get them.

I'd consider far cry 3 for < $5 if it didn't require uplay. Uplay won't let me register xanchui because it contains a dirty word (Hui = derrick in Russian)

that's what i'm also wating for ac3 (deluxe edition) along with metro last light (complete), and to a lesser extent castlevania los, shadow warrior, baldurs gate 2. i have 10 coupons and have not yet bought anything, still 9 more days though.
Tony said that the developers of Shadow Warrior (great game for me I've beaten the game) said no to the game being on EC list.

I'm missing most of the Ubisoft games, but I'm not buying anything that doesnt activate on Steam.
considering most of the recent Ubisoft games use Uplay and Uplay achievement, adding Steam on top of it is just ANOTHER hoop you have to jump through. I guess you like to double sign in everytime you play a game :whistle2:k

One of the reason I buy Ubisoft games from Amazon is that they offer great discount on Uplay-enable game. The less DRM/sign-in portal I have to deal with, the better it is

considering most of the recent Ubisoft games use Uplay and Uplay achievement, adding Steam on top of it is just ANOTHER hoop you have to jump through. I guess you like to double sign in everytime you play a game :whistle2:k

One of the reason I buy Ubisoft games from Amazon is that they offer great discount on Uplay-enable game. The less DRM/sign-in portal I have to deal with, the better it is
Steam is better at downloading/patching games than Uplay is. There have been cases where owning Steam + Uplay DRM is actually better than having them only on Uplay. May seem strange at first, but it's true.

But that's not why I want them on Steam, I like to stack my DRM like I stack my burgers.

Steam is better at downloading/patching games than Uplay is. There have been cases where owning Steam + Uplay DRM is actually better than having them only on Uplay. May seem strange at first, but it's true.

But that's not why I want them on Steam, I like to stack my DRM like I stack my burgers.
Ubisoft games have patch come out on Uplay prior sending to other channel of distribution (i.e. Steam). Can you name one case where owning Steam+Uplay DRM is better than having ONLY Uplay? i am curious to know

Ubisoft games have patch come out on Uplay prior sending to other channel of distribution (i.e. Steam). Can you name one case where owning Steam+Uplay DRM is better than having ONLY Uplay? i am curious to know
Splinter Cell Blacklist had patching issues on Uplay when it first came out. Issues with the patcher crashing, and repeated patching. I'm sure it's fixed now, but Steam had no issues with that IIRC.

EDIT: Maybe the Blacklist patching issue wasn't fixed lol, don't know for sure.

The first patch for Blacklist doesn't work for all users and needs downloaded separately as an old school style installer. Obviously not an issue in Steam.

And this isn't a pro-Steam bias. I fall squarely in the Uplay &gt; UPlay+Steam camp.

I have Far Cry 3 on Uplay that I got from MSI and I try to install this game for 3 days after I finished download installer and start to installing the install is crash and verify very long time.also I try for many times to install and play but it's unsuccessful.I decide to go to bittorrent site and download installer to paste in my Uplay and that I can play this game,that's a shame I play license game but I must download pirated game to play it :(

after that I decided to purchase this game (and Blood Dragon) in Steam.I'm not sure for other region but streaming the file from Uplay in my country is very suck.

FYI:I have Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition in my Uplay too but I still can't play this game same as Far Cry 3 problem but this case is worse than Far Cry 3 because I can't use same way to play :(

When you have around 1000 games having them in one place is very important.  A lot of us feel that way.

Also

Steam + Uplay > Uplay

Scrabble score of 17 vs 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back