Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! Want to make it clear that 1. I love this community, it.is my forst community ever (in my career) and I'm incredibly proud of the communoty we've built 2. You remain a huge part of the business and we recognize amd appreciate you for that. You guys are talked about in meetings and I brag about this place all the time. Also I consider cheapy a personal friend. 3. I'm responding from
Go home, Tony. You're drunk. :mrgreen:

Come on Tony, but questions like this get asked because of all the unrelated bullshit posts on this forum. It's pretty hard to keep up when you have to go through several pages. I myself have missed out on price match deals. By the way your post reply was #19339 this post is #19566 or so.

My tone for this posts= Two friends shooting the shit while sitting at a bar.
Liked for identifying your tone

That's a good idea for people posting things that they think might piss other people off

I'm always tempted by the GTA pack until I look at the steam page and see layer upon layer upon layer upon layer of DRM. Plus, I'd end up buying Liberty City DLC down the road for $5 thus making this pack $11. I'd actually like to play GTA4 and it's DLC, but it will never happen- unless I lose my job and/or my wife's yoga instructor decides he wants to be a step dad... maybe I should buy the pack to BL it. Just in case. 

I'm always tempted by the GTA pack until I look at the steam page and see layer upon layer upon layer upon layer of DRM. Plus, I'd end up buying Liberty City DLC down the road for $5 thus making this pack $11. I'd actually like to play GTA4 and it's DLC, but it will never happen- unless I lose my job and/or my wife's yoga instructor decides he wants to be a step dad... maybe I should buy the pack to BL it. Just in case.
Who needs a job when you have video games?

Hey guys! Want to make it clear that 1. I love this community, it.is my forst community ever (in my career) and I'm incredibly proud of the communoty we've built 2. You remain a huge part of the business and we recognize amd appreciate you for that. You guys are talked about in meetings and I brag about this place all the time. Also I consider cheapy a personal friend. 3. I'm Respon ding from mobile so sory for typos. Lastly I am making dinner woth the GF can we get back to happy posting?
Go home, Tony. You're drunk.

FWIW, Episodes from Liberty City are standalone releases that do not require GTA IV.

Hey guys! Want to make it clear that 1. I love this community, it.is my forst community ever (in my career) and I'm incredibly proud of the communoty we've built 2. You remain a huge part of the business and we recognize amd appreciate you for that. You guys are talked about in meetings and I brag about this place all the time. Also I consider cheapy a personal friend. 3. I'm Respon ding from mobile so sory for typos. Lastly I am making dinner woth the GF can we get back to happy posting?
oh someone got a promotion from lady friend to gf...😜

The scan lines in Blood Dragon give me headaches (both figurative and literal). Why didn't Ubi include an option to turn them off?

That, in addition to the neon color palette makes it a game best suited for five minute play sessions (at least in my house).
Are you slighting my interior design prowess?
Not at all, Ashes. The five minutes are great fun, with enough red bull and eye-drops on hand, I could even do ten...

We're still talking about Blood Dragon, right? I'm just hope your house isn't Blood Dragon themed...

I'm new to this community but from my brief time here and reading your posts on reddit I'd like to say you're doing an outstanding job Tony. I wouldn't have thought someone working for Amazon would take so much time to respond to individual questions like you do and generally 'shoot the breeze' with your customers.

This is my first time participating in the 2013 Holiday sale and subsequent EC list sale but from my perspective I'm impressed with the deals and wish I'd made a few more purchases to take advantage of more of the deals on offer this month.

If the sale returns next year I will make sure I have a few more coupons in hand for sure.

Hey guys! Want to make it clear that 1. I love this community, it.is my forst community ever (in my career) and I'm incredibly proud of the communoty we've built 2. You remain a huge part of the business and we recognize amd appreciate you for that.
Wait - when the hell did you get AMD on board w/ you guys? ;)

More info ASAP, plz! ;)

27303133d1339856132-terrorcon-bumblebee-pic-tokyo-toy-show-darkness-i-m-rick-james-bitch-demotivational-poster-1255635283.jpg

Sparkles_by_MattTheSamurai.gif

@Tony, some feedback for you (positive for a change):

Hi,. I just bought the GTA Trilogy even though I owned all but one of the games. I thought that $2 after coupon was a fantastic deal. What made it even better is that I was able to give the 2 other games to a Steam friend who had them wish listed. I wanted you to know that even though I still would have bought the Trilogy if it was a single redemption code (because $2 for a single game is still an amazing deal, even if it's an older one), that having individual codes for each game is a potential deciding factor for a purchase. Knowing that I can give those other games out instead of them "going to waste" would be a major positive to push me to buy a more expensive bundle. There is also the very real potential of the giftee buying a bundle themselves to pick up the games in the series/bundle they don't have, whether now or in the future.

I still have 24 EC credits left, but considering how I am one of those CAG's who's constantly up to date on Indie Bundles and sales everywhere, check every day for deals, and have a game library few can hope to match; I think you've done great. Looking at what I've bought so far, half the list are games I didn't have on the radar, and became exposed to, or familiar with through the EC list. (Grand Theft Auto Trilogy, XCOM: Declassified, How to Survive, Ace Patrol Pack). The other half are AAA games that I had wish listed and was waiting to hit my price point. I wanted you to know that having the option to give away extra keys in a bundle is a deciding factor in our purchasing, with the possibility of creating another customer out of it. Thanks again. -walk

P.S. The sparkle gif in the beginning to get your attention......too much? :)
I have 12 EC credits left.

I'd like to say - I also bought GTA Trilogy to put them on Steam just so I do not have to break out all of these damn CD's/DVD's - yes, I already own all of those from Retail. For all of those after $2.18 or whatever - what the hell, right?

{shrug}

After checking out the GInput Mods that was suggested and running some GTA4 control-schemes here w/ GTA3 + Vice City, I am thrilled. I'm gonna have to eventually relive these classics. :D

And hopefully - that is just gonna be the start of the modding the hell out of GTA3, VC, and SA. :D

I'm new to this community but from my brief time here and reading your posts on reddit I'd like to say you're doing an outstanding job Tony. I wouldn't have thought someone working for Amazon would take so much time to respond to individual questions like you do and generally 'shoot the breeze' with your customers.

This is my first time participating in the 2013 Holiday sale and subsequent EC list sale but from my perspective I'm impressed with the deals and wish I'd made a few more purchases to take advantage of more of the deals on offer this month.

If the sale returns next year I will make sure I have a few more coupons in hand for sure.
just don't buy a hundred copies of a pizza sim. Then you'll prolly just be disappointed.

I'm glad I only have a few coupons, only bit on 2 brothers. Will have to debate what to buy at the end since the rs se and some ea deals will be around.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but is this legit?
You in Germany mate? Germany is definitely a CAGs worst nightmare... The sales tax is horrendous, Its like 8% or 9% for groceries and for everything else it's 19%. Prices are set to €59.99 ($82.11 USD) for Xbox 360/One, PS3/4, and PC/Mac games. Nintendo games are probably the worst to buy, because apparently there is the off chance they will charge an extra €10 on games that are already more expensive than the U.S. MSRP. For instance, Pokemon X/Y MSRP in U.S. is $39.99, my friend told me he bought his for €49.99 ($68.42 USD). I am hoping that it was just a price mistake, as I also saw Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag standard edition selling for €79.99 ($109.48 USD) in a store called Saturn (sort of like Best Buy) in Munich, which is what the collectors edition should be priced at. I wasn't kidding when I said Saturn is like Best Buy, with the small exception that price mistakes usually favor them and not the consumer! :D

Moral of the story: Don't ever buy physical copies in Germany, a true CAG will go all digital!

More good deals for games that I already have. :oldman:
Better than bad deals on games you want, no? Or you could just not buy anything for the next 5 years and it'll be like you're a virgin again. That's how it works, right?

[customspoiler=We are talking about different trophies, mate]
TP07_StepsBaby1.jpg
[/customspoiler]
I think I'd actually take the former over the latter. Social stigma and all.

You in Germany mate? Germany is definitely a CAGs worst nightmare... The sales tax is horrendous, Its like 8% or 9% for groceries and for everything else it's 19%. Prices are set to €59.99 ($82.11 USD) for Xbox 360/One, PS3/4, and PC/Mac games. Nintendo games are probably the worst to buy, because apparently there is the off chance they will charge an extra €10 on games that are already more expensive than the U.S. MSRP. For instance, Pokemon X/Y MSRP in U.S. is $39.99, my friend told me he bought his for €49.99 ($68.42 USD). I am hoping that it was just a price mistake, as I also saw Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag standard edition selling for €79.99 ($109.48 USD) in a store called Saturn (sort of like Best Buy) in Munich, which is what the collectors edition should be priced at. I wasn't kidding when I said Saturn is like Best Buy, with the small exception that price mistakes usually favor them and not the consumer! :D

Moral of the story: Don't ever buy physical copies in Germany, a true CAG will go all digital!
I'm pretty sure he was asking about the fact that it is GTAV for PC, and not about the price.

Better than bad deals on games you want, no? Or you could just not buy anything for the next 5 years and it'll be like you're a virgin again. That's how it works, right?

Ohhh to be a PC sales and bundle virgin again...

No, and no. I'd rather have the bad deals: then I don't feel like an idiot for paying two or three times as much a couple of months ago.

I'm not gonna lie. Reading this post right up until the end I thought you were drunk off your ass, and I thought that was great. :) Hope you and the gal have a good evening!

So...thoughts on the Thief set? The price is great but I've never played one. Wondering if somebody can give a recommendation without factoring in rose-colored glasses of good times from when it first came out; did it stand up well enough to be worth adding to an already horrendous backlog?

Ohhh to be a PC sales and bundle virgin again...
Everyone remembers their first major games sale. That tingle that goes up your spine when you see that 91% off glitch. Heaven.

Then a year and 500+ games later it's all...this bundle sucks...meh...own it...it was cheaper before...it'll be bundled eventually...

Wondering if i should get Sim city, damn thing never goes on a cheap sale.
Yes*.

* There is a major caveat to this recommendation. Do not purchase SimCity if you are looking for SimCity 5 or an expansion of the glory that was SimCity 4. Better yet, think of it as a kickass sequel to SimCity Societies.

I have dumped about 15 hours into it since picking it up at the beginning of this sale. Region play is mandatory due to the small city sizes, but the city specialization & regional trading works well enough to alleviate the incessant desire to make that one superhugemega city that does everything. I'm playing my region solo, but I can see how working as a part of a larger community would simplify things by not requiring one person to do EVERYTHING. I also find myself wanting to be a complete jackass to my other cities just because...which is the #1 reason i'm playing solo. It's fun.

Also picked up the expansion, but haven't touched a single thing in it yet. There are some available challenges, but most of it seems geared for later/endgame scenarios.

Wondering if i should get Sim city, damn thing never goes on a cheap sale.
I'm sort of in the same place. Even though I more wonder if I would even stop playing SimCity Simpsons Edition long enough to play the real thing.

Everyone remembers their first major games sale. That tingle that goes up your spine when you see that 91% off glitch. Heaven.

Then a year and 500+ games later it's all...this bundle sucks...meh...own it...it was cheaper before...it'll be bundled eventually...
You should try to reach CAG bliss. When you realize you don't have to buy every bundle or game at 75% and you might get more enjoyment out of paying full price for Rust or Day Z. I'm not quite there yet, but I hope to be one day.

You should try to reach CAG bliss. When you realize you don't have to buy every bundle or game at 75% and you might get more enjoyment out of paying full price for Rust or Day Z. I'm not quite there yet, but I hope to be one day.
I did buy Assetto Corsa at only 25% off and am fairly impressed with it. So, I guess I'm on the stairway.

My first steam sale I didn't realize a glitch was a glitch. I had just heard about Steam's epic sales, and saw the Tomb Raider Collection for around 91 percent off and went WHOA these sales ARE awesome...not sure I want that though, so I'll wait.

Oh, it was a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back