Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone with extra coupons help me get these two packs? I don't have any EC coupons left and it's my birthday today so i wanted to spend some money on grabbing cheap games (i'm looking for a copy of LA Noire from LAN/MP3 pack just contact me).

tumblr_mbtpqwpETC1rn1630o1_500.gif

Probably going to be using this a lot :(
Can you say from what anime is that gif? Now i want to see it haha.

Or you can buy that graphics cards and get those games for free. What a steal. That IS why you buy graphics cards, right? For the free games?
I bought my first "creative soundblaster" kit (CD + sound card) back then based on the games. It included around 40 games and 10 multimedia software. 500$

Wondering if i should get Sim city, damn thing never goes on a cheap sale.
Yes. It's excellent since they fixed it. My most played game of last year. And the next patch adds an offline mode if the always online ever put you off.

I did buy Assetto Corsa at only 25% off and am fairly impressed with it. So, I guess I'm on the stairway.
I picked that up too. It was great fun just driving around but now they've finally added AI. I was very surprised to see how it got in steams sales charts at the height of the winter sale despite it being early access and very expensive compared to everything else. Kinda reassuring to know that despite the fact we all pick up dirt cheap games we didn't really want, there's still the odd game worth buying once in a while!

Hmmmm....

AC4 (Regular PC download) = $25 after EC coupon, it looks like.

Yep, I'll wait - still need to go through AC3, for crying out loud.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
Possibly the best name ever: "I still can't remember the name of the flowers me and my bros saw that day." I'm pretty sure that's what that says.

It's possibly an even better title than Space Giraffe or AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome

Speaking of, I notice neither of those are on Amazon. They'd definitely be good additions to the digital download market.

Can anyone with extra coupons help me get these two packs? I don't have any EC coupons left and it's my birthday today so i wanted to spend some money on grabbing cheap games (i'm looking for a copy of LA Noire from LAN/MP3 pack just contact me).
Sure, I can help you out. I'll send you a PM with the details.

Yeah. We did have a GMG rep for a while, but he didn't interact, nor did he stay very long.
FWIW he does post on Reddit from time to time. There are also reps from Gamefly and GetGamesGo who regularly post there.

I'm sure the answer is somewhere between no and no, but for those of us who have almost everything from Square Eidos (and everyone else) I don't suppose we could get a deal on the newly released on Steam (but old) Hitman Contracts?

Or for that matter a good sale on Mensa Academy would be great too. For some reason every other square game goes on cheap sale every 5 minutes practically but that one hasn't had a 75% off the $10 MSRP yet. :(

tony late night party with us heh 126 am that late i seen tony ever on

FWIW he does post on Reddit from time to time. There are also reps from Gamefly and GetGamesGo who regularly post there.

I'm sure the answer is somewhere between no and no, but for those of us who have almost everything from Square Eidos (and everyone else) I don't suppose we could get a deal on the newly released on Steam (but old) Hitman Contracts?

Or for that matter a good sale on Mensa Academy would be great too. For some reason every other square game goes on cheap sale every 5 minutes practically but that one hasn't had a 75% off the $10 MSRP yet. :(
guess those reps thinks we too unique for them i see lol heh

Can you say from what anime is that gif? Now i want to see it haha.
have u found anyone if not http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-january-deals-8-max-payne-3-gta-iv-8-max-payne-3-la-noire-20-simcity-6-ace-patrol-bundle-and-more/page-305#entry11429492 that person could help u

Hmm, I don't know which to get - MP3 + GTAIV or MP3 + LA Noire. I haven't played any of those games...
GTA IV and LA NOIRE are not complete, and with those two games you really want to play the complete edition. Especially with GTA IV.

Anyway, I forgot how great GTA III was. I'm playing it nonstop since yesterday.

Will Amazon PM Hitman Collection for $8.99?
No, it's not the same thing. Absolution is missing the dlcs on steam.

Those of you who don't already own TR2012, consider yourself one lucky basturd. Planning on getting the Thief bundle just because I want to buy something.

Also planning on getting FF XIV to try out... is the CE worth it?
I'm on the same boat, might buy the Thief bundle just to buy something (I don't have) lol

You know what would make those better deals? If I asked Steam support to remove the games so I can buy them now cheaper on Amazon. But that wouldn't make any sense.

Good prices, too bad I have everything I already wanted :D

Anyone have an extra coupon they would be willing to help me out with? I've used all mine, but I'd like to get Tomb Raider.

Correct, and it is currently $8.20 post coupon, or 17.9% cheaper than it's lowest ($9.99) price (not sure if $9.99 is the lowest price on it, just what you quoted, I think GMG might have been lower post voucher thing but I'm not sure).

Cheers,
Tony
If you put it that way, then your statement was correct. I thought you were implying that the before EC coupon. The fact that we're comparing sale prices, it really can't be seen as price jacking despite that the prices were raised to reduce the impact of the EC coupons.

Like I said, I'll still use up them coupons so not trying to complain, just using this thread for discussion as opposed to spamming pictures!

To those who are bashing others about expecting better deals, were you around for the EC sales at the start of 2013?

I'd say it's more so that everyone is expecting deals like the 2K Packs. Bioshock 1, Bioshock 2, Borderlands GOTY, Duke Nukem Forever Complete for $5 after EC coupon.

To those who are complaining about people getting coupons from cheap DLC, it's better than getting coupons for completely free purchases like we had previous years.

Should we expect more sales or can i spend all my coupons pacefully?.
Im thinking to get AC 4, 25 seems a good price for a relative new game, what do you think cag's? should I?

Im thinking to get AC 4, 25 seems a good price for a relative new game, what do you think cag's? should I?
He mentioned there should be a few additions next week.
And if you haven't played any of the other AC games, or your still working on playing them I'd hold off on getting AC IV for a little longer.

I was taught...hope for the best, but expect the worst. Seems to apply to pretty much everything in life.

Are the SE deals good till the end of the month? (I'm down to two coupons but I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger or wait to see if we get a recap day (or two) at the end of the sale.)

Super tempted by the Kaine games. Are they only enjoyable via nostalgia, or have they aged well?

Thanks.
You may have some control issues with the first Soul Reaver, the games are still great and the story is top notch.

A little fix for the widescreen/30fps uncapper (SR1)

http://nosgothica.org/games/sr1_fix_hook_eng.zip

and the camera patch for Defiance, so you're not stuck with fixed cameras.

http://nosgothica.org/games/def_camswitcher.zip

2nd link

http://home.comcast.net/~heavyweights/games/kaind/

Blood Omen 2 Widescreen

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=24722&p=12411&hilit=blood+omen#p12411

all the other files

http://www.nosgothica.org/index.php?id=files_eng

Unfortunately SR2 is stretched...

and Blood Omen 1 complete story:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kDzqScUs-E[/youtube]

You may have some control issues with the first Soul Reaver, the games are still great and the story is top notch.

A little fix for the widescreen/30fps uncapper (SR1)

http://nosgothica.org/games/sr1_fix_hook_eng.zip

and the camera patch for Defiance, so you're not stuck with fixed cameras.

http://nosgothica.org/games/def_camswitcher.zip

all the other files

http://www.nosgothica.org/index.php?id=files_eng
I'd be careful with these - I checked the Defiance camera patch at VirusTotal and it got 29/50 hits. Usually I don't worry with one or two false positives, but 29/50 is pretty bad.

I think these are all the currently active deals (borrowed from SteamGifts):

1/5 - 1/31
$6 ($1 after EC) Ace Patrol Bundle
$13 ($8 after EC) Bioshock Infinite
$12.49 ($7.49 after EC) The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (pricematched until 1/27)
$15 ($10 after EC) XCOM Collection

1/20 - 1/26
$10 ($5 after EC) Crysis 3 (Origin)
$10 ($5 after EC) Crysis 3 The Lost Island (Origin)
$8.49 ($3.49 after EC) Dead Space 3 Awakened (Origin)

1/23 - 1/31
$7 ($2 after EC) GTA Trilogy
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Max Payne 3 Complete
$11 ($6 after EC) GTA Trilogy + GTA IV
$8 ($3 after EC) LA Noire + Max Payne 3
$8 ($3 after EC) GTA IV + Max Payne 3

1/24 - 1/26
$8 ($3 after EC) Battlefield 2142 Deluxe (Origin)
$7 ($2 after EC) Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack (Origin)

1/24 - 1/31
$9 ($4 after EC) Tomb Raider
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Thief Bundle
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Legacy of Kain Bundle
$15/$18 ($10/$13 after EC) Final Fantasy XIV/Collectors Edition
$13 ($8 after EC) Hitman Bundle

1/27 - 1/31
$8 ($3 after EC) Mirror's Edge + DLC (Origin)

1/5 - 1/31

1/20 - 1/26

1/23 - 1/31

1/24 - 1/26

1/24 - 1/31

1/27 - 1/31
No, there are more active deals in the first post of this thread. They just aren't worth adding to the list because they've either been cheaper before (Zeno Clash 2, BL2, etc) or are games I don't think people would be interested in (Spooky Bonus, etc.).

1/5 - 1/31

1/20 - 1/26

1/23 - 1/31

1/24 - 1/26

1/24 - 1/31

1/27 - 1/31
AC 4 it's not part of the EC list? coupon will not apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back