Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely forgot about that, I didn't know who they were, just grabbed it because it was free. I should probably listen to it.

The joy of being my age is that I'm long past giving a shit about others approving of the things I enjoy.

Nice album though. Also got it when it was free :)
Man, you can have all my likes for the month!

I listened to a couple of Chvrches tracks on U-Tuba and had a flashback to the 80s when I was a teenager...

The joy of being my age is that I can disapprove of everything everyone else does with wisdom and experience.
How many hundreds of years old are you Darth Bruticis?

I have 17 coupons left, should i wait for a nice surprise from Tony before this month ends???
no

start using your coupons if you haven't already. even if you use a bunch i doubt you'll find 17 things you want right now, so you'll have some left over anyway...

Man, you can have all my likes for the month!

I listened to a couple of Chvrches tracks on U-Tuba and had a flashback to the 80s when I was a teenager...
Yep - that's the point, I think.

They obviously are infleunced by that 80's sound and look.

Of course, they also threw in a mix of EDM while they're at it, too.

"Gun" music video so reminds me of a Gary Numan music video.

"Lungs" though has this beat that really has a hip-hop kind of feel to it.

I like the song "Now Is Not The Time", which is not on the new "Bones Of What You Believe" album.

It's on the "Recover EP"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIHUyIW0gfo

I've never played digital football before so Lords might be fun. Maybe.

Speaking of software purchases has anyone bought boxed software from the Amazon Warehouse? I'm looking at a drawing package that is marked as Like New with possible damage to the packaging (don't care). Any reason not to buy a returned cd package? I honestly didn't even think you could return software but there it is.
I follow the AWD (Amazon Warehouse Deals) thread that Motoki mentioned pretty closely and generally (i.e., not 100% of the time, but most of time), software there is not an opened return (because of the obvious and mentioned problem of using codes) but (1) boxes with cosmetic damage from storage/preparing for shipping or (2) (supposedly) amazon liquidating inventory from acquisitions of other companies/other company warehouse space.

What you described as "possible damage to the packaging" is what is known in that thread as a "dinger" (an item with "dings"), and this is often, but not always, a new item with cosmetic packaging damage, but it never left the amazon warehouse.

AWD has some great deals (although mostly for consoles of course) if you are willing to live with a little risk and to ship things back to Amazon if they don't work. Amazon is very good about this and will pay return shipping for items that don't work/don't match the description. :) Just don't abuse it - there are stories in the AWD thread about people who got perma-banned from Amazon and that is a terrible fate :whistle2:(.

I've used about half my EC credits - picked up six different items and the COH 2 Deluxe deal. I'm still holding out hope that Tony can sweet talk those NAMCO folks into cutting a last-minute EC deal on Pac-Man, but I'm pretty pleased overall. 

I don't mind helping out someone if they are out of credits, but I am subject to 5% sales tax as I do not live in a certain fast food restaurant in the US northwest. 

I've used about half my EC credits - picked up six different items and the COH 2 Deluxe deal. I'm still holding out hope that Tony can sweet talk those NAMCO folks into cutting a last-minute EC deal on Pac-Man, but I'm pretty pleased overall.

I don't mind helping out someone if they are out of credits, but I am subject to 5% sales tax as I do not live in a certain fast food restaurant in the US northwest.
All I can say is if Tony can pull of a Namco bundle, it better not have Inversion in it. I finished it today and can say the game is garbage. Crap story, crap gameplay, constantly freezes/crashes in co-op.

EC haul:

Bioshock Infinite 

Brothers 

GTA IV + MP3

That is all. I might get BF 2142, but that is all im considering atm.

My haul so far - showing post coupon prices:

Lords of Football - 2.49

Bioshock Infinite - 4.99

Syndicate + Saboteur pack - 4.99

3 coupons left.  And not looking good for using them.  Really bummed that Rome TW2 + CoH2 bundle never made an appearance as that was probably an insta-buy for me, especially if it had reflected the CoH2 price drop.

Can't feel too bad about Dark Souls (given I passed on it at 6.99 in December), but I had some hope that it, Riptide and FC3 might hit 9.99 on the sale pre-coupon.  The missed opportunity for Amazon really comes down to those three plus Dishonored as I will wait for the next time they are on Steam at 7.50 - since I can simply use some of the marketplace wallet I have there instead of "real" money. 

As for the rest of my "to-buy" list only one bears mention: EU4 just isn't remotely cheap enough yet - c'mon paradox, you already devalued your brand enough with the constant bundling and rock-bottom sales to keep this thing above 10 bucks. :) 

In the end, I am holding to my January, 2013 New Year's Resolution of not paying more than 9.99 out-of-pocket on any game.  It means that my 2014 gaming year will be seen playing the best games of 2013.  Though, given my backlog, it actually means I will probably be playing the best games of 2011 and 2012.

we better not see this by the end of Jan 31st.

G_freemanX's haul:

17x un-used Amazon coupons hehe
I'm ending up in the same boat. Even got a $10 Amazon gift card over Christmas that's been sitting here on my desk staring at me. Kind of a bummer but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

My haul so far - showing post coupon prices:

Lords of Football - 2.49

Bioshock Infinite - 4.99

Syndicate + Saboteur pack - 4.99

3 coupons left. And not looking good for using them. Really bummed that Rome TW2 + CoH2 bundle never made an appearance as that was probably an insta-buy for me, especially if it had reflected the CoH2 price drop.

Can't feel too bad about Dark Souls (given I passed on it at 6.99 in December), but I had some hope that it, Riptide and FC3 might hit 9.99 on the sale pre-coupon. The missed opportunity for Amazon really comes down to those three plus Dishonored as I will wait for the next time they are on Steam at 7.50 - since I can simply use some of the marketplace wallet I have there instead of "real" money.

As for the rest of my "to-buy" list only one bears mention: EU4 just isn't remotely cheap enough yet - c'mon paradox, you already devalued your brand enough with the constant bundling and rock-bottom sales to keep this thing above 10 bucks. :)

In the end, I am holding to my January, 2013 New Year's Resolution of not paying more than 9.99 out-of-pocket on any game. It means that my 2014 gaming year will be seen playing the best games of 2013. Though, given my backlog, it actually means I will probably be playing the best games of 2011 and 2012.
IMO, Paradox hasn't devalued their brand so much as trying to expand their user base. I enjoy their games and due to sales, I own almost all of them. They are making sales to me that otherwise I would have bought without playing previous games. As for EUIV, it was 9.99 in the past if I recalll correctly, on the Humble Store, end of December.

Isthereanydeal says that The Bureau comes with $10 credit, but it's not mentioned on the game page.

Can anyone confirm it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back