Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Noone probably cares but I found out why the Ginput mod for GTA San Andreas wasn't working. The Steam EXE even when downgraded using the San Andreas downgrader is incompatible with the Ginput mod. You have to find "another" EXE and it has to be version 1.0. After you find "another" EXE the mod works well with this ASI launcher. http://gtaforums.com/topic/523982-relopensrc-silents-asi-loader/

Make sure to set the setting for controller input on in game. After all that and working through my own incompetence a few times my 360 controller works wonderfully while playing GTA San Andreas. So all things said all three Ginput mods for all three GTA games in the trilogy work wonders. Oh and be sure to rename the "other" EXE to match the original before putting it in the install folder.

Last edited:
Great read. However Amazon has drones now, he'd definitely be air-lifted out silently by their new robot servants. :)
My take on Tony is that even in a world when the system can typically auto-PM things, he likes to get in there and personally handle the situation.

Like how he comes here rather than just let us froth over ourselves without his input. That said, he also likes to stay silent at choice times to maximize emotional impact. ;)

The drones are always there, watching the guy's house though. If he shows any sign of reneging, the drones can same day deliver some grade-A whupass.

i still have 15 (or so) EC coupons. PM me if you want to use any.

AMZN charges sales tax in my state (as of Jan 1), so be aware of that if you PM me.

I only needed the GTA IV half of the Max Payne 3 + GTA IV bundle so PM me if you want MP3 vanilla for half my cost AC + tax in AMZ GC.

Namco trip was incredibly successful. In addition to being amazing people to hang out with we've locked in the following for 1/31. All prices are pre-coupon:

Dark Souls PTD Edition: $7.49

Enslaved+Inversion: $7.49

Naruto 3 Full Burst: $19.99

Cheers,

Tony

Namco trip was incredibly successful. In addition to being amazing people to hang out with we've locked in the following for 1/31. All prices are pre-coupon:

Cheers,

Tony
DOPE!

Welcome back, Tony.

Edit: I may actually cease gifting Fowl Space and Bad Rats (because I ran out) and get some Dark Souls as gifts.

Cheers,
Tony
So awesome, Tony! That's exactly what I was holding out for with my last coupon.

Great ending to the sale.

Cheers,

Tony
Very nice options. Disappointed about no Pac-Man DX AYCE love, but loving the titles that did make it through!

Ha! I'm not sure what that means for Dark Souls then. Good or Bad?
Depends on the person. I love it (in a love/hate sort of way). I know there are at least a few people that would probably rather play Fowl Space/Bad Rats as opposed to throwing their controller through their monitor out of sheer frustration.

Cheers,

Tony
tony no star trek damn anddn aruto too pricy need to be 14.99 or less

Wow. Those are insane deals. Previous best for DS:pTD was 5.99. Previous best for Enslaved Premium was 9.99. I just bought Enslaved for PS3; any thoughts on PC vs PS3 for that game? For 2.49 I wouldn't mind double-dipping if PC is much better.

Wow. Those are insane deals. Previous best for DS:pTD was 5.99. Previous best for Enslaved Premium was 9.99. I just bought Enslaved for PS3; any thoughts on PC vs PS3 for that game? For 2.49 I wouldn't mind double-dipping if PC is much better.
Haven't played the PC version, but I'm sure it's a lot better compared to the PS3 version which has a lot of issues with it. Definitely worth double dipping on.

As for Inversion being bundled with it, I'm assuming Namco threw it in because it sucks so much, oh well. Still a great deal.

Cheers,

Tony
Holy shit! Glad I saved those last two poupons!

Where are the whiners now, eh?

Cheers,

Tony
Every time Dark Souls has come up for sale at a new low price, I've thought about it and then paid attention to all of the posters here that so lovingly describe its frustrating difficulty and decided to skip it. But $2.50? I don't think I can resist that price.

On another note, your lack of comment on a return of Crysis 1 Max means I'm out of luck, doesn't it? It really would have been nice to have known the end date of that one's sale.

Haven't played the PC version, but I'm sure it's a lot better compared to the PS3 version which has a lot of issues with it. Definitely worth double dipping on.

As for Inversion being bundled with it, I'm assuming Namco threw it in because it sucks so much, oh well. Still a great deal.
Oh, wow. I didn't even notice the extra game in there; I was thinking Inversion was the name of the DLC or something, didn't realize Enslaved was Premium and Inversion an additional game. Inversion looks good enough. For $2.50 I'll definitely grab the two of them. A bit of reading online indicates the PS3 version has some framerate issues. :(

I'm kinda surprised you disliked it so much. I didn't think it was anything special, but felt it was a competent TPS/GoW clone.
I didn't think it was anywhere near competent. Everything about it is below average. It's playable, but that's about it. My friend and I agreed, we thought it was worse than Kane & Lynch 2, Damnation, and Narco Terror.. which is saying quite a bit lol.

I'll be scoring Enslaved for that price and consider the EC a success. Got something I wanted, something I didn't know I wanted but thoroughly enjoyed, and a couple other things that I've had my eye on. :applause:

I didn't think it was anywhere near competent. Everything about it is below average. It's playable, but that's about it. My friend and I agreed, we thought it was worse than Kane & Lynch 2, Damnation, and Narco Terror.. which is saying quite a bit lol.
Damnation...wow. :shock: We definitely had different experiences playing this one.

Damnation...wow. :shock: We definitely had different experiences playing this one.
Damnation actually had some more unique gameplay elements to it. Finding the right way to climb to your destination was basically like a puzzle, which can be hard to find in a co-op game. Inversion is completely generic, and the gravity manipulation implementation was crappy. I can't think of anything in the game that isn't done better, even in mediocre games.

I'd even go as far to say that the story in Damnation is better than Inversion's. At least it made sense, unlike Inversion's lol. No doubt both games suck, but if I had to play one over again, I'd go with Damnation.

Cheers,

Tony
The Enslaved deal is awesome, thanks for pulling a rabbit out of your hat. :bow:

inversion i saw it when it camee out it look awesome and i put wishlisted brought in 2012 for 9.99 for me and friend then summer sale for frined dont froget inversion is region lock in north central south america so u know. sierra ur spanking by hot zombie girls will be coming soon heh. 7 coupons left so sad

Damnation actually had some more unique gameplay elements to it. Finding the right way to climb to your destination was basically like a puzzle, which can be hard to find in a co-op game. Inversion is completely generic, and the gravity manipulation implementation was crappy. I can't think of anything in the game that isn't done better, even in mediocre games.

I'd even go as far to say that the story in Damnation is better than Inversion's. At least it made sense, unlike Inversion's lol. No doubt both games suck, but if I had to play one over again, I'd go with Damnation.
OK, now I know why you liked Damnation [customspoiler=better...]
damnation.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I will gladly buy and play Enslaved again.  Inversion is just a bonus.  Will probably finally buy Dark Souls also.  Those deals are amazing.

Finally going to get Dark Souls. I already have it on PS3 (with a botched playthrough :( ), so for this price and the DLC just can't say no. Thanks Tony!

Have 3 coupons left but debating on whether to get LoK bundle and Enslaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back