Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Motoki didn't buy Enslaved off of PSN.
I didn't, but I already own Inversion and plus it's region locked to NA so if I want to sell the extra key I can't sell to the McDonalds in Oregon crowd.

As an aside, I wonder how much bitching there will be on Reddit when they buy it and find out about the region lock.

:D/

:censored:

Every year I get burned by this promotion when I buy something in December (or late November) and it ends up significantly cheaper in January.

That's my biggest complaint about the EC promotion: I don't want to buy games during December because there's the risk that they'll be $2-$5 cheaper in January. Sure, some will say that isn't much, but that can be half or two thirds of the Dec price, and it adds up fast.
oh really now but meh i dont bother bout that it call risk and reward yo u take risk i buy when i want not bother future sale because it risk going ignore trolllincoln post cause he jackass my women is real women dumbass to him. only mysterd women is derrick

OK, Bioshock Infinite shows $9.99 pre-coupon on the EC landing page, but changes to $13.20 after clicking through to the product page... what's going on with that?
The landing page is manually coded for all the prices. When the PM ended, somebody needed to go in and update the landing page. It didn't get done. That's happened a few times so far--I PM'd Tony when the price dropped to 9.99 because the landing page was incorrect and he fixed it at that point. There was something else that was incorrect for a while, too, but I forget what.

Edit: I just PMd him to let him know about this. The price going up is a bigger deal than it being lower than the landing page says, IMO, and I'm sure he'll want it fixed quick.

The landing page is manually coded for all the prices. When the PM ended, somebody needed to go in and update the landing page. It didn't get done. That's happened a few times so far--I PM'd Tony when the price dropped to 9.99 because the landing page was incorrect and he fixed it at that point. There was something else that was incorrect for a while, too, but I forget what.

Edit: I just PMd him to let him know about this. The price going up is a bigger deal than it being lower than the landing page says, IMO, and I'm sure he'll want it fixed quick.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I didn't know it was from an expired PM... guess I'm out of luck, damn.

oh really now but meh i dont bother bout that it call risk and reward yo u take risk i buy when i want not bother future sale because it risk going ignore trolllincoln post cause he jackass my women is real women dumbass to him. only mysterd women is derrick
Lol wut

I'm glad there are no more pictures of chicks with derricks is all

Definitely in for Enslaved+Inversion and Dark Souls. I'd held out on Dark Souls during December hoping it would make the EC. With the inclusion of these two deals, I'm pretty satisfied with the EC sale this year.

:rofl:

Lovely how people here go nuts for 3 new deals that aren't really special.
Again with the pointless negativity.. Dark souls has never been so cheap and Enslaved+Inversion is simply a steal.

I don't know why but everytime I see your nick now I read Bob-Bitch.. :whistle2:

Even though I already own it from the $10 price mistake, hopefully Namco puts Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures on a decent sale someday. It's actually pretty good. Unless you are a Pac-Man purist offended at the cartoon reboot it's based off of (they're out there), then you should probably skip it.

Even though I already own it from the $10 price mistake, hopefully Namco puts Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures on a decent sale someday. It's actually pretty good. Unless you are a Pac-Man purist offended at the cartoon reboot it's based off of (they're out there), then you should probably skip it.
Ha! Anyone who gets offended by this new cartoon should look at the 1980's cartoon. :p

Namco trip was incredibly successful. In addition to being amazing people to hang out with we've locked in the following for 1/31. All prices are pre-coupon:

Dark Souls PTD Edition: $7.49

Enslaved+Inversion: $7.49

Naruto 3 Full Burst: $19.99

Cheers,

Tony
I hope they're stocked up well on of keys for Dark Souls and the Enslaved+Inversion deals.. I'm guessing those are gonna swallow a good bunch of leftover coupons. :whee:

Wow, I was actually going to go with the Thief bundle but you guys are changing my mind about Enslaved/Inversion, although I really knew nothing about those titles.  Maybe I'll watch a TB review or something later...

This sale has been amazing.  Enslaved + Inversion is an instant-buy for me as I don't own either.  After that I'll be left with 1 coupon which I think I might use on Lords of Football, or I might buy my brother Dark Souls as I already own it. 

Started with 9 coupons, ended up using all of them and loved every single deal I got.  I can't speak for everyone, but at least for me, this sale has been an amazing success.

Thank you Tony for the deals. Tempted to get Naruto along with the Enslaved Inversion bundle. Gonna put some thought into this.

Very nice options. Disappointed about no Pac-Man DX AYCE love, but loving the titles that did make it through!
It's curious that they wouldn't want to promote Pac-Man, seeing how it's been on sale so many places over the last month or so. I was hoping for DX, but was also interested in Ghostly Adventures.

Anyhow, Enslaved+Inversion and Dark Souls are both awesome deals. Sadly, I own Dark Souls (and have barely played it yet), but I will be all over the Enslaved+Inversion bundle. I hope there are plenty of keys... buy early!

It's curious that they wouldn't want to promote Pac-Man, seeing how it's been on sale so many places over the last month or so. I was hoping for DX, but was also interested in Ghostly Adventures.
I would have liked DX as well, particularly the all you can eat version with all the DLC. For some reason while the base has been on a good sale a number of times at various places the complete version with the DLC really hasn't.

I'll definitely be getting Enslaved+Inversion and Dark Souls. But I'm still wondering if there's a chance of a deal on LA Noire Complete Edition in the next few days, or if I should just get the MP3 and LA Noire bundle.

Is there something to know about Enslaved.. that game wasn't even on my radar but it looks pretty decent if not pretty good. And it actually just came out in October this past year.. that's like 3 months ago. I'm not gonna complain in any way on such a deal but is there some "undisclosed" reason why this game would be thrown in the "crazy deals bin" so quick after it's release..  bad port? technical issues ? or simply Tony making the people at Namco drunk and pulling this wildcard afterwards ?

Is there something to know about Enslaved.. that game wasn't even on my radar but it looks pretty decent if not pretty good. And it actually just came out in October this past year.. that's like 3 months ago. I'm not gonna complain in any way on such a deal but is there some "undisclosed" reason why this game would be thrown in the "crazy deals bin" so quick after it's release.. bad port? technical issues ? or simply Tony making the people at Namco drunk and pulling this wildcard afterwards ?
Because it was released on consoles years ago. It dropped in price fast on consoles too. I doubt Namco cares much about it.

Is there something to know about Enslaved.. that game wasn't even on my radar but it looks pretty decent if not pretty good. And it actually just came out in October this past year.. that's like 3 months ago. I'm not gonna complain in any way on such a deal but is there some "undisclosed" reason why this game would be thrown in the "crazy deals bin" so quick after it's release.. bad port? technical issues ? or simply Tony making the people at Namco drunk and pulling this wildcard afterwards ?
Enslaved is an older game that recently got a PC release, along the same lines of Brutal Legend, for example.

Personally, I think it was a very underrated game. I'll probably use my last coupon for that.

A note on Dark Souls, it does currently have games for windows live DRM, but according to a joystiq article from a few weeks ago it will be patched out eventually.

Apparently the article is wrong and it is up in the air.

Also argh, I too picked Dark Souls up during the sale due to the coupon, and now I'll likely have extra coupons left over.

Wait, wait, wait... what happened?

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00DGZDFLW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391027278&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+souls+2+pc

Edit: I'm looking everywhere and nothing I've found says they're pushing back the pc version til May.

Tony,

You just saw the Namco people, is that why the change in release date?
I didn't set that page up, nor am I sure who did, but our system requires a date so they probably just put a placeholder in.

They usually use someone else on the Teams birthday...I wonder who the other Leo is.

Also,

Guild Wars 2 will be $29.99 pre coupon now-ish through Friday.

Cheers,

Tony

I hope Motoki didn't buy Enslaved off of PSN.
Not sure about Motoki, but I did. I'll probably pass on the Enslaved pack because I don't really like double-dipping unless there's a real purpose behind it and Inversion doesn't sound like it's worth it. I may, against my better judgment, buy Dark Souls at that price though.

I didn't set that page up, nor am I sure who did, but our system requires a date so they probably just put a placeholder in.

They usually use someone else on the Teams birthday...I wonder who the other Leo is.

Also,

Cheers,

Tony
Leo? May 31 falls in Gemini, if I'm not mistaken or maybe we're talking about something else...

Also,

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks, Tony.

Two more questions:

-Any option to PM Mark of the Ninja promo http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=node%3D979455011&field-keywords=mark+of+the+ninja ?

-Any other deal coming for 1/30 ? I think you have something good hidden...

:bow:

A note on Dark Souls, it does currently have games for windows live DRM, but according to a joystiq article from a few weeks ago it will be patched out eventually.

Also argh, I too picked Dark Souls up during the sale due to the coupon, and now I'll likely have extra coupons left over.
Not quite. Joystiq jumped the gun there a bit with that 'journalism' that didn't site sources beyond "However, a large number of developers remained quiet about plans, so Joystiq reached out to get the official word on what the future may hold for their games past July." i.e. you are taking the word of the person who wrote the article without knowing exactly who they contacted, what said person's role is at that company and if they are informed and authorized to speak for the publisher as a whole.

Namco Bandai must have noticed because they quickly made Joystick backpeddle from "will update" to "exploring options", which means they still have no flipping clue yet.

This is also why people shouldn't go spreading things like this around the internet as fact that aren't sourced and cited well. It may well come to pass eventually but reposting hack journalism like that article without pointing out the correction (and it was made within minutes) gives people the wrong impression. :shame:

Also,

Cheers,

Tony
Tony, will LA Noire Complete Edition be added to the EC list before the month is over? The possibility of LA Noire Complete Edition for $2.50 after coupon (same price as MP3 complete) is the only thing that's kept me from buying the MP3+Noire bundle. I'd appreciate if you can let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back