Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of dead horses to beat, Kingdoms of Amalur updated today on the Steam Store, dropping the base price to $19.99 and now listing EA as publisher alongside 38 Studios. Last time the base price dropped, they had a Steam sale the very next day. But the more interesting part is adding EA to the store and what that could mean. Personally I bought it on Origin last year's EC and played it for a while until I got bored with it, I don't mind it on Origin but I know a lot of people have been holding out for Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102500/

Speaking of dead horses to beat, Kingdoms of Amalur updated today on the Steam Store, dropping the base price to $19.99 and now listing EA as publisher alongside 38 Studios. Last time the base price dropped, they had a Steam sale the very next day. But the more interesting part is adding EA to the store and what that could mean. Personally I bought it on Origin last year's EC and played it for a while until I got bored with it, I don't mind it on Origin but I know a lot of people have been holding out for Steam.

If that means what I can only hope that means EA better be handing over Steam keys for Origin buyers pronto.

Last edited:
Namco trip was incredibly successful. In addition to being amazing people to hang out with we've locked in the following for 1/31. All prices are pre-coupon:

Dark Souls PTD Edition: $7.49

Enslaved+Inversion: $7.49

Naruto 3 Full Burst: $19.99

Cheers,

Tony
Thank you and Namco very much for coming up with these awesome deals. I'm definitely in for Dark Souls and the Enslaved/Inversion bundle.

How about Star Trek + Inversion? That would be gallbladder busting awesome.
you are being sarcastic right? I was curious b/c ppl keep screaming for Star Trek pages after pages, did some search on the internet and oh my dear God, it is an awful steaming pile of poop. Between that and Inversion, I rather take Inversion... and Inversion was quite crappy too :/
this pretty much sum up what a crappy, cash grab, broken mess that Star Trek is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgY__iXpR0k

I like Origin. I like that I have Amalur on Origin.

{lack of sarcasm font...intentional}

you are being sarcastic right?
Yes, in the self deprecating form, so I guess more sardonic really. I have both Star Trek and Inversion. And have finished them both. Nothing against Angry Joe, because I respect the work he does and the service he provides, but I don't like or agree with a lot of his reviews. To me they are overly exaggerated if only in part due to his schtick. I like Star Trek, so I liked Star Trek the video game. Was I disappointed...yes. Do I think Star Trek fans deserve beter...yes. Did I enjoy the time I spent playing it...yes.

I like Origin. I like that I have Amalur on Origin.

{lack of sarcasm font...intentional}

Yes, in the self deprecating form, so I guess more sardonic really. I have both Star Trek and Inversion. And have finished them both. Nothing against Angry Joe, because I respect the work he does and the service he provides, but I don't like or agree with a lot of his reviews. To me they are overly exaggerated if only in part due to his schtick. I like Star Trek, so I liked Star Trek the video game. Was I disappointed...yes. Do I think Star Trek fans deserve beter...yes. Did I enjoy the time I spent playing it...yes.
This is precisely how I feel about everything you talked about - Origin, Angry Joe, Star Trek The VG.

Namco trip was incredibly successful. In addition to being amazing people to hang out with we've locked in the following for 1/31. All prices are pre-coupon:

Cheers,

Tony
Well, that is a pleasant surprise. Dark Souls was needed, and that is a great price (I had been hoping for 9.99 pre-coupon). And can't pass up Enslaved+Inversion.

Good closing deals.

O...M...G! This probably means EA is planning on a sale sometime soon, and finally admitted publishing rights on Steam. Too bad they Mr. EA guy reading this won't give Tony any keys to sell on Amazon *Hint hint*

you are being sarcastic right? I was curious b/c ppl keep screaming for Star Trek pages after pages, did some search on the internet and oh my dear God, it is an awful steaming pile of poop. Between that and Inversion, I rather take Inversion... and Inversion was quite crappy too :/
this pretty much sum up what a crappy, cash grab, broken mess that Star Trek is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgY__iXpR0k
Well I have a few reasons I want a Star trek bundle, and don't need inversion bundle.

1) Have inversion already

2) Star Trek is a licensed game on a movie, and we know those both suck and get removed from Steam very often

3) inversion has been on sale for $5 quite a few times it was $5 the entire winter sale duration, Star trek hasn't from what I can see.

That's all just me, I don't know about anyone else's reason, but it might be one of those.

Indie dumpster code drop for dirty lurkers.

Q7LHW-7P4F4-3GD2G

26YLQ-36RDB-CDXYJ

E6HV0-RKZY8-NNW08

D6KD4-EKI3N-9A5X4

Warning: This stuff is all crap

O...M...G! This probably means EA is planning on a sale sometime soon, and finally admitted publishing rights on Steam. Too bad they Mr. EA guy reading this won't give Tony any keys to sell on Amazon *Hint hint*

Well I have a few reasons I want a Star trek bundle, and don't need inversion bundle.

1) Have inversion already

2) Star Trek is a licensed game on a movie, and we know those both suck and get removed from Steam very often

3) inversion has been on sale for $5 quite a few times it was $5 the entire winter sale duration, Star trek hasn't from what I can see.

That's all just me, I don't know about anyone else's reason, but it might be one of those.
how bout cuz star trek is cooler than gravity

I'm guessing it means that, from now on, KoA will ALWAYS be cheaper on Origin. EA will approve a 50% sale on Steam, and then post a 60% sale on Origin for the same timeframe.

I'm holding out for an Inversion+Inversion two-pack.
But if you invert an inversion, don't things return to normal? This sounds like one of those 0%-off sales that Steam features in the first few minutes of each Summer and Winter Sale.

Cheers,
Tony
I did my best...

4CB.png

I have to admit I'm pretty surprised he talked Namco into that package for so cheap. Kicking myself over Dark Souls as I bought it over a year ago for like $12 and still haven't really played...
Congrats! You have proven you are a real CAG!

Am I late to the game? I was going to double dip on Dark Souls PTS edition, but It comes up as $29.99 on my end.
Ah yes. How could I forget the lost prequel to Dark Souls. Dark Souls Prepare To Shit Edition. A game in which you desperately have to find a bathroom to expel your explosive diarrhea but get jumped by several attakers at once all trying to violently poke you in the stomach and make you shit your pants. You then die of embarassment and have to repeat your attempt to find a bathroom in limbo multiple times with even more people trying to block your attempt and force feed you bean burritos and exlax.

Last edited:
If by late you mean early...yes.

31st

Post Traumatic Stress edition?
Okay I am totally out of it. Thanks for answering guys, I haven't been getting much sleep as I currently have exams the remainder of this week and all of next week. And I blame auto-correct for the typo, although PTS sounds kind of appropriate right about now.

I'm guessing it means that, from now on, KoA will ALWAYS be cheaper on Origin. EA will approve a 75% sale on Steam, and then post a 60% sale on Origin for the same timeframe. EA need the money for their loss

But if you invert an inversion, don't things return to normal? This sounds like one of those 0%-off sales that Steam features in the first few minutes of each Summer and Winter Sale.
FTFY oh really cmon we know u jinx it but i think ea will do only 75% off on their games on steam now cause ea knows money is in steam lol Poor Tony sleep edition is very interesting im tony and i get GTS slep heh

I reeeeeeally hope Tony obtains enough Steam keys for the Namco-Bandai sale.  I'm contemplating staying up past midnight for both DS and Enslaved/Inversion... it wouldn't surprise me if DS is out of stock by dawn.  And one-day sales don't provide much time for restocks.

Tony, do you feel confident you'll have enough keys?

I reeeeeeally hope Tony obtains enough Steam keys for the Namco-Bandai sale. I'm contemplating staying up past midnight for both DS and Enslaved/Inversion... it wouldn't surprise me if DS is out of stock by dawn. And one-day sales don't provide much time for restocks.

Tony, do you feel confident you'll have enough keys?
Last Amazon sale when DS was around 7 $ it sold out in a day or so.. this might be even faster.. I'd get it sooner than later..

Cheers,

Tony
Damn it - just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

hey guys,

just got off the chat with CS - is the "DVG Holiday 2013 $5 bounceback credit" the EC coupon?

and what's the Promo - F - NBA 2K14 BB credit? is that only useful for buying NBA 2k14?

Can't believe this but I may actually run out of coupons - well done sir Tony - well done indeed. Looks like we'll be stretching the baby formula for another week.

The man buys a 2 piece chicken finger meal in RL to save a few bucks. He's the cheapest human alive, most of CAG has NOTHING on Mooby. What kind of grown ass man only eats 2 chicken fingers?!?
I buy the 3 piece from Raising Cane's... I just don't eat the third piece.

Tony,

Hail Mary miracle time. Since Amalur is now published by EA on Steam... Amalur complete $10 pre-coupon with Steam Keys!!!!!

Of course I doubt EA would give steam keys from a third party site when they have Origin to promote.  Although Amalur might require both?  I know you have to log in to some EA client to play Amalur even via Steam.

Dark Souls PTD Edition
Enslaved+Inversion
Naruto 3 Full Burst
Hmmm... aren't these GFWL, and that is going to be dead in a couple of months, so, does that mean these games won't be playable after that date, or, are they going to release a patch to remove GFWL ?

Hmmm... aren't these GFWL, and that is going to be dead in a couple of months, so, does that mean these games won't be playable after that date, or, are they going to release a patch to remove GFWL ?
Only Dark Souls uses GFWL. We don't know what will be patched or not though.

I picture that bro-op something like this...

hitlstal.jpg
i thought saddam was dating this guy.

satan_saddam.jpg

Doubt this is a stretch, but I'm willing to bet you were the type of little kid who would pull off the heads of Barbie dolls and grind them against your crotch.
and this folks is why you should never leave your webcam running during your "alone" time

Trolling is what tebow does when he spams us with female rassler pics.
perfect-burger.jpeg

:rofl:
Lovely how people here go nuts for 3 new deals that aren't really special.
don__t_feed_the_troll___by_blag001-d5r7e47.png

Tolerance of trolling results in forums occupied by nothing but trolls. Occasional complaints or lapses is one thing, an account that has done nothing but post intentionally inflammatory comments is of no value to the community.
this is one of the downsides of freedom of speech unfortunately.

Cheers,
Tony
sweet, in for enslaved + inversion

Man, more hail mary deals would be great. Come on EA guy, Mass Effect Trilogy on the cheap. Namco guy, Ace Combat! (okay this one may be just me, partially as even Ace Combat fans panned it, but it's shallow fun). Square guy, Sleeping Dogs. 2K, Civ 5 BNW and/or XCOM EW.  Konami guy uhh... just wake up and throw a bone or something. watermelon slicing action, whips, something.

Alternatively, amazon PMs the mac sale from Gamefly. fun fact: the company in charge of Civ 5 (Mac) is different than the one in charge of Civ 5 (PC). latter is 2K. former's an entirely different company who has done a couple sales in dependently (this was the optimal way to get Civ 5 Gold last year). 

Hail Mary miracle time. Since Amalur is now published by EA on Steam... Amalur complete $10 pre-coupon with Steam Keys!!!!!
Mmh there's no EA game offered with Steam keys on Amazon.. even if the game is available on Steam it will also be available on Origin and for some reason (highly probable that it's because EA wants it this way) Amazon only offers EA games with Origin keys, never Steam.

Not to blow your bubble but I don't see how a price drop on Steam could change that. :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back