Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people always bring up "I like to play on a gamepad" these days? It's not 1990. Almost every game that comes out that isn't like an RTS lets you play on a gamepad.
I simply am used to having to defend my preference, avoiding the topic altogether, or ignoring people who try and tell me that I am playing games incorrectly.

There have been a few conversations about KB/M superiority and comparisons that gamepad = console peasantry here in the past few months. Although, I have to say that CAG is pretty good about that for the most part.

I actually had no idea that Payday 2 had even partial gamepad support on PC. I never checked due to the developer saying they would never.. EVER add gamepad support for Payday 1 on PC and that if someone wanted to play with a gamepad they should play it on a console. So, I just assumed the same to be true for Payday2.

Oh and the answer to any 'Why does anyone feel the need to defend X' question is Because it's the internet and people like to argue about shit.

Personally I prefer to play most 3rd person action platformer games and 2d platormers with the xbox 360 gamepad. Playing the AC series without a gamepad is just not right. I can't think of one RTS game that is better with a gamepad, the same can be said about FPS too.

For me, gamepad gameplay is reserved for 2 and 3d RTS games, sometimes 4D FPS games, and of course, flight sim/racing games.

For MMOs I like to use a combination of keyboard + hopes and dreams.

Fighting games I play with my mind.

Cheers,

Tony

But....most games don't make you do that? I've never had to do that with any game that's come out in a long time.

I'm just curious why someone would use that as a positive console thing when it's not really a point of contention anymore. If you want to play a game with a gamepad, it works out of the box for 90 percent of games these days, including Payday 2, the game being talked about.
full controller support is DIFFERENT from partial controller support man. Payday 2 has partial controller support

Is anyone willing to buy me Enslaved for 2.50$ Paypal? You can keep Inversion. I have +47/-0 rep on Steam Trades. PM me.

EDIT: Done.

Hi!

Another day, another giveaway.

Gnomoria Steam key - 8924J-5HRD9-PHZV7
Sideway N.Y. Steam key - QG0TE-DI8YN-V8BZH

Have fun!

I hate people...
I hate myself.

EDIT:

For me, gamepad gameplay is reserved for 2 and 3d RTS games, sometimes 4D FPS games, and of course, flight sim/racing games.

For MMOs I like to use a combination of keyboard + hopes and dreams.

Fighting games I play with my mind.

Cheers,

Tony
Not sure if Superman or if you really need the yellow font and Comic Sans.

No sleep till priceflip!!
Expect that song on my next album! :D

{throws on beat to "No Sleep Til Brooklyn"}

[MysterD]

NO SLEEP TIL....PRICEFLIP!!

CAG's ready for the sale price to go live

So hope Amazon is equipped

Hopin' the Amazon hamsters gonna flip

Sometime soon that sale price

Like acrobatics, all precise

Stick the landing, CAG's so demanding

For more deals, wheel 'n' deal

EC coupons, plenty to burn

All ready to take our turn

To get them keys before they run out

Finger is itchy, no doubt

Index finger is like Brock Lesnar

It's right there - F5!

Behind the PC, cold kickin' it live!

NO SLEEP TIL...!

NO! SLEEP! TIL PRICEFLIP!!

NO! SLEEP! TIL PRICEFLIP!!

{Music plays}

{Guitar solo}

{Music stops}

I doubt it. It wasn't even EA before. And every EA game I have on Steam does not require Origin. Actually, most games on Origin don't require Origin - just an EA account login. Despite not having a clue I'm going with 99% sure that's a no.
I would guess most people w/ an EA account would likely use their Origin log-in, if they got Amalur Steam-version.

It just...kinda makes sense, these days - especially if you have an Origin account already.

I would guess most people w/ an EA account would likely use their Origin log-in, if they got Amalur Steam-version.

It just...kinda makes sense, these days - especially if you have an Origin account already.
Yes, they're the same account. But you don't need to use Origin.

After I opened up the Darkroot Forest, I kind of stopped worrying about soul loss for my DS character.

Yeah, I just lost a bunch of souls doing something stupid in painted realm. I knew I should of visited the giant blacksmith before going into painted realm. So I'm taking a break. Specially with smough and ornstien coming up, and I was planning on doing it solo.

Yes, they're the same account. But you don't need to use Origin.
I never tried it, since I don't have Steam-Amalur - but I wonder if a BioWare Social Network log-in would work for an EA Log-in into Amalur-Steam.

I'm sure some people just don't want to EVER install Origin, if they're given such a chance.

Only thing that sucks for those fans - ME3, BF3+4, Crysis 3, every NFS since Hot Pursuit 2010 The Run, and many other recent big EA titles flat-out require Origin....so, they ain't even on Steam, since Valve and EA ain't on the friendliest of terms.

EDITING NOTES/CORRECTION:

The Sifiu corrected me, that every NFS after The Run required Origin...and he's right:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-january-deals-8-max-payne-3-gta-iv-8-max-payne-3-la-noire-9-tomb-raider-6-ace-patrol-bundle-and-more/?p=11487226

The EA account system is shit, you have the classic account, ea account, origin account, forum personas... I have literally 8+ accounts tied to my overall ea profile cause they keep changing it.

Hot pursuit doesn't require Origin, I have a standalone one.

Looking forward to the enslaved/inversion bundle. Does anyone know if these bundles are in limited stock and/or what time the deal starts?
No idea how many keys they have, but I'm gonna say the chance of them selling out is pretty slim. Sale starts at midnight PST.

I have Origin and just bought the Steam version of Amalur Complete pack(finally!!!!).

You don't need to log into your EA account at all, but I tried it anyway. It doesn't seem to do anything. The DLC is tied to your Steam account, they don't even give you any CD Key for them. I'm not even sure why they give you one for the base game, since you don't need to do anything with it.

I entered the CD key that Steam gives you for Amalur into Origin, and it activated some kind of "online content pass" or something, I don't remember. Is there any way to check the history of what you activate on Origin like you can on Steam?

Anyway, this "online content pass" thingy doesn't do anything from what I can tell. Doesn't give you the game on Origin.

I looked around on the internet, and it seems the only thing you would want to log in to EA account on Steam version is for some promo/preorder content/weapons/armor something or another that are connected to your EA account, and thus need to log in to access.

Otherwise, if you just bought the game and DLC on Steam, there is no reason to do it, and you don't need to.

So for all of you who are afraid to buy it on Steam since it lists "EA DRM" on the store page, don't worry, it's completely avoidable and unnecessary.

I'm willing to pay $6 Amazon GC for someone to buy me Enslaved+Inversion and Dark Souls PTD. PM if you can help.

Edit: Looks like I have someone lined up to help, so no more PMs are necessary.

I have Origin and just bought the Steam version of Amalur Complete pack(finally!!!!).

You don't need to log into your EA account at all, but I tried it anyway. It doesn't seem to do anything. The DLC is tied to your Steam account, they don't even give you any CD Key for them. I'm not even sure why they give you one for the base game, since you don't need to do anything with it.

I entered the CD key that Steam gives you for Amalur into Origin, and it activated some kind of "online content pass" or something, I don't remember. Is there any way to check the history of what you activate on Origin like you can on Steam?

Anyway, this "online content pass" thingy doesn't do anything from what I can tell. Doesn't give you the game on Origin.

I looked around on the internet, and it seems the only thing you would want to log in to EA account on Steam version is for some promo/preorder content/weapons/armor something or another that are connected to your EA account, and thus need to log in to access.

Otherwise, if you just bought the game and DLC on Steam, there is no reason to do it, and you don't need to.

So for all of you who are afraid to buy it on Steam since it lists "EA DRM" on the store page, don't worry, it's completely avoidable and unnecessary.
I think the closest on Origin would be Order History - even that don't seem complete.

Jump on Origin.

At the top-most menu bar, click Help > Order History.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back