Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, is the enslaved/inversion bundle link in the editor's choice page not working for anyone else?

Thanks.
Try changing browsers. I bought a bundle at the sale price. Went back to buy another and it was showing the regular price. Refreshed a few times and it wouldn't change. Tried a different browser and it showed the sale price.

Overall thoughts on the sale - GOOD:

For me, this sale was a bust, for most of the month....

...But, it really turned itself around once GTA Trilogy went on sale and it kinda just domino'ed from them, these last 2 weeks or so, w/ a handful of good deals for me.

Probably should've jumped on Marlow Briggs + NFS MW 2012 ALL DLC Bundle - but, no big deal.

Overall, it turned out good overall, in the end - thanks to the last 2 weeks or so.

:D
Yeah, with these final deals, I'd say this Editor's Choice sale ended up alright overall.

O:) and why would I waste my time reading when someone like you can summarize it

and :speaktothehand: again I wasn't talking to you so stop embarrassing yourself
I'm not at all embarrassed by your lack of forum etiquette but I do appreciate you looking out for my emotional well being. :)

You expect EMPATHY on the Internet!?

1st, Region-locked games are NOT new and you knew the risks when buying from Amazon when you are not in the US. YOU ARE AT FAULT HERE.

2nd, NO ONE cares about your relatively minor problems. What do you expect us to do for you? Go to someone who is paid to listen to your problems like Amazon Support.

3rd, AGAIN YOU ARE AT FAULT! Read Amazon TOS.

You don't really see why you should pay more? Because you are not in the US and you we weren't suppose to purchase it anyway. It not a complicated concept. It like I can't buy cheaper games on a Russian Steam store because I DON"T LIVE IN RUSSIA!

Complain to the publisher, complain to Amazon, but this is ultimately an internet forum and no one care to listen to your petty problems when we all have our own lives to live.

Life_is_not_fair_mug.jpg
1. Oh, so I did? I didn't know that I did know, SORRY. Amazon doesn't say anywhere that it is regionally locked, check it out if you don't believe me.

2. Nothing, apart from not being an a$$hole, or maybe giving a hint what I should be doing to get Inversion, since you know so much about these well-known things. Sorry to say that you failed at both.

3. Neither the product page nor TOS actually says I must be in the US to activate the product. So there are real life scenarios where this would indeed be a problem and I would be in right (simple example, buy in US, go to EU, won't activate).

So what are we even talking about?

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy.
Breaking the rules comes with risk. You got burned. Get over it.

Americans on this board routinely buy from international sellers, doing the exact same thing you did. You know what happens when they get burned? They man up, warn others about it, and consider it taking one for the team.

If you can't afford to lose, don't gamble.

Amazon doesn't say anywhere that it is regionally locked, check it out if you don't believe me.
Amazon only sells to Americans, why would they need to indicate if something is region locked? Everything they sell works for Americans.

MY INVERSION KEY ISN'T WORKING. I LIVE IN YUGOSLAVIA WTF HERE ARE MY MAJOR QUALMS:

1.  fuck CAG

2. fuck  AMAZON

3. fuck BILL GATES

4. fuck GRAVITY

THAT IS ALL

1. Oh, so I did? I didn't know that I did know, SORRY. Amazon doesn't say anywhere that it is regionally locked, check it out if you don't believe me.
2. Nothing, apart from not being an a$$hole, or maybe giving a hint what I should be doing to get Inversion, since you know so much about these well-known things. Sorry to say that you failed at both.
3. Neither the product page nor TOS actually says I must be in the US to activate the product. So there are real life scenarios where this would indeed be a problem and I would be in right (simple example, buy in US, go to EU, won't activate).

So what are we even talking about?
Nobody cares. I'm glad it doesn't work for you

Murica!

who wants free Desura games?

PM me. First come, first served.

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos
Ether Vapor Remaster
Satazius
Battlegroup
Reversion: The Meeting
Millennium - A New Hope (x2)
Laxius Force (x2)

It says on the store page, in bold: "Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address."

To then state it is region locked would be redundant to their intended customer base. And anyone else who had an issue with it would actually be raising a self incriminating issue.

You need an american payment address to buy the product so this wouldn't happen to say a holidaying european, because they wouldn't be able to legitimately have bought it. It would only affect an American who bought a game then permanently moved away from America. With that kind of life upheaval, they might not be sweating a $1.25 game they apparently didn't care enough about to activate when they bought it.

You need an american payment address to buy the product so this wouldn't happen to say a holidaying european, because they wouldn't be able to legitimately have bought it. It would only affect an American who bought a game then permanently moved away from America. With that kind of life upheaval, they might not be sweating a $1.25 game they apparently didn't care enough about to activate when they bought it.
There are gonna be a lot of pissed off CAGs once our home in the McDonalds in Oregon gets closed down.

Looks like EC is pretty much over, so the obligatory haul list that looks very nearly like everyone else's list:

Defense Technica

Ace Patrol Pack

Marlow Briggs

Final Exam

Burnout Paradise DLC

Enslaved+Inversion

Company of Heroes 2 DCE (glitch)

6/13 EC credits used - needed more cheap stuff.

Hi, is the enslaved/inversion bundle link in the editor's choice page not working for anyone else?

Thanks.
Try this:

Looks like EC is pretty much over, so the obligatory haul list that looks very nearly like everyone else's list:

Defense Technica

Ace Patrol Pack

Marlow Briggs

Final Exam

Burnout Paradise DLC

Enslaved+Inversion

Try this:
Thanks, this worked!

Breaking the rules comes with risk. You got burned. Get over it.

Americans on this board routinely buy from international sellers, doing the exact same thing you did. You know what happens when they get burned? They man up, warn others about it, and consider it taking one for the team.

If you can't afford to lose, don't gamble.

Amazon only sells to Americans, why would they need to indicate if something is region locked? Everything they sell works for Americans.
I'm sorry, I'm too much manned up for even taking one. That's not my style. I do everything I have to to get what I paid for. That's much more like manning up in my vocabulary.

...but not Americans on holiday or temporarily moved to other countries? Sounds like a tiny bit of discrimination to me. I never said I don't have a legitimate US billing address either...

I'll post my final EC haul as well:

The Secret World

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Dead Space 3 Awakened

GTA Trilogy

Enslaved/Inversion Bundle

Also bought an extra copy of GTA Trilogy, which I traded for the Indie Gala January bundle

Overall pretty happy w/EC

Instantly bought the Enslaved + Inversion pack. Such a great deal. I have ten or so EC coupons so if anyone wants the bundle, shoot me a PM. $2.71 Paypal. Thanks again CAG.  :bouncy:

Here's what I got:

Marlow Briggs 

GTA trilogy

MP3 collection

Hitman Absolution 

Thief collection

Enslaved+Inversion

Pizza Dude Wars

I'm sorry, I'm too much manned up for even taking one. That's not my style. I do everything I have to to get what I paid for. That's much more like manning up in my vocabulary.

...but not Americans on holiday or temporarily moved to other countries? Sounds like a tiny bit of discrimination to me. I never said I don't have a legitimate US billing address either...
It's not discrimination, it's just a region locked key. It sucks you're in this situation, but really, it's tough shit in the end. Whenever I buy from companies or sellers not based in my country, I always check to make sure the key will activate for me. It's pretty common to see.

Plus, Inversion is a reportedly shitty game. You'd be wasting your time playing it anyway. There are plenty of non region locked games you could play. Just trade Inversion for a buck in the trading forums, and it'd be like you bought just Enslaved for a buck fifty, which is hard to complain about.

Defense Technica
Ace Patrol Pack
Marlow Briggs
Final Exam
Burnout Paradise DLC
Enslaved+Inversion

Try this:
My EC haul was:

The Secret World
Crysis 3
Max Payne 3 + L.A. Noire
Inversion + Enslaved

$18.51 for 6 games :)

Still had 1 voucher left :)

I regret not getting Marlow Briggs when it was on sale.  Anyway, my haul:

How to Survive (Loved this game!)

Bioshock Infinite

Enslaved + Inversion bundle

Who cares what random people on the internet bought in a horrible sale but here's an Inversion key [SIZE=.81em]6R9QN-Q5HQ2-4PCTI[/SIZE]

It's not discrimination, it's just a region locked key. It sucks you're in this situation, but really, it's tough shit in the end. Whenever I buy from companies or sellers not based in my country, I always check to make sure the key will activate for me. It's pretty common to see.

Plus, Inversion is a reportedly shitty game. You'd be wasting your time playing it anyway. There are plenty of non region locked games you could play. Just trade Inversion for a buck in the trading forums, and it'd be like you bought just Enslaved for a buck fifty, which is hard to complain about.
Well, I always check the Amazon page for DRM and everything (even the Steam page) but it never said anything about a region locked key. Never ever heard or would have thought that this kind of nonsense even exists (why does it even exist, again?), so I don't know where I should have checked to make sure...

The problem is, Inversion is what I bought the pack for, didn't even know anything about the other one. But thanks.

Everyone, please make sure that what you have to say is either nice or constructive (maybe even both). If it's neither, you can always consider shutting up - and I don't refer to CAG solely, but any other form of communication, including IRL.

Well, I always check the Amazon page for DRM and everything (even the Steam page) but it never said anything about a region locked key. Never ever heard or would have thought that this kind of nonsense even exists (why does it even exist, again?), so I don't know where I should have checked to make sure...

The problem is, Inversion is what I bought the pack for, didn't even know anything about the other one. But thanks.

Everyone, please make sure that what you have to say is either nice or constructive (maybe even both). If it's neither, you can always consider shutting up - and I don't refer to CAG solely, but any other form of communication, including IRL.
"Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address."

End of story.

I don't know why the big argument...having a US address doesn't Mean you live in the states I got shipping and billing addresses in the states and in the UK and In China (Many International shipping services provider can give you an address so it is not  a big deal)

Most of video games sellers all over the Globe include whether the game is region locked or not 

Enslaved or Dark Souls.... Decisions.

If DS keys arrive tomorrow, the EC coupon will work on that correct?
If I was in your shoes, dark souls. That game has a ton of replay value IMO.

Also....

Thanks Namco and Tony for the awesome ending!!!

The big argument is because this guy insists on cluttering this thread with whining about how he can't play a shitty game he paid all of $1.25 for because he can't read.  I want the time back it took me to read the last three pages.  (Minus the haul posts and giveaways.)

I don't know why the big argument...having a US address doesn't Mean you live in the states I got shipping and billing addresses in the states and in the UK and In China (Many International shipping services provider can give you an address so it is not a big deal)

Most of video games sellers all over the Globe include whether the game is region locked or not
Not only you need a U.S. address but also "being a customer located in the U.S."

I don't know why the big argument...having a US address doesn't Mean you live in the states I got shipping and billing addresses in the states and in the UK and In China (Many International shipping services provider can give you an address so it is not a big deal)

Look, the perople complaining about not being able to activate Inversion are using a phony address to buy something in a region they're not supposed to be buying in. We get it. Like 80% of the regulars at Reddit Game Deals do it and regularly boast about it. It happens. Don't pretend it's on the up and up with the address thing though. Amazon is clearly indicating they only sell to residents of the US and everyone knows it. A lot of people don't care but the whole 'Oh well I have my aunt's uncle's sister's cousin's babysitter's once removed shipping address and it's legit' argument is a bit lame.

If someone is buying outside of their region when a store clearly indicates this then it's their responsibility to check for region locks. The store is not going to tell you that the item is region locked to Europe or where ever because they are not supposed to be selling there anyway.

As an aside, for those that are going to continue to do this I suggest in the future you check in at http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/new/ since that site is primarily European (while CAG is largely North American) and they regularly discuss this sort of thing openly (in front of the Amazon rep even :roll:) so you can find out there easily if something is region locked by the number of complaints and people saying they are using VPNs to fake a region to activate to Valve's servers a game that they bought with a fake address all while the European Reddit mods allow this talk to freely go on.

Seriously, go to Reddit next time.

Oh and any North Americans who want a free Inversion key might want to check in the Amazon threads over at Reddit. There's a bunch of Europeans who just bought the deal for Enslaved dumping their Inversion keys there.

Next time you do that check steam db and check for any key locks.

Edit - Or don't buy at all. Your wallet will thank you.

Having a horrible time finding these NAMCO deals on Amazon... Enslaved and Inversion pulls up the Amazon equivalent of a 404 error and Dark Souls seems to be both 1) Not listed on the EC list 2) Out of Stock.
Here's what's up with Dark Souls...

Everyone say "Thank you Namco and Lahdpal".

Lahdpal got in touch with me earlier today to let me know there is in an issue with our Dark Souls keys. As a result, we've had to request more keys from Namco, which we have yet to receive. As a result, Dark Souls will not likely be on sale at midnight, but when we get new keys.

Because we know we've had issues with getting keys same day in the past, Namco has agreed to extend the sale through 2/1 and to make sure we get keys sometime tomorrow.

If you have reposted this deal across the internet, please do me a favor and update your posts :).

Also, seriously, Namco was incredibly agile and cool with finding a solution to this issue.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back