Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
NFS Rivals is pretty amazing. I've pre-ordered it from Amazon for full price and never regretted it.

It is capped at 30fps and has no Anti Aliasing which is stupid for a 2013/2014 game but gameplay is fun and for that price, it is a no brainer.
You can unlock 60fps, but you need to maintain constant framerate or it runs at wrong speed.

NFS Rivals is pretty amazing. I've pre-ordered it from Amazon for full price and never regretted it.

It is capped at 30fps and has no Anti Aliasing which is stupid for a 2013/2014 game but gameplay is fun and for that price, it is a no brainer.

You can unlock 60fps, but you need to maintain constant framerate or it runs at wrong speed.
  1. Launch the Origin client.
  2. Right-click the game in the Library and select Game Properties.
  3. Enter: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0 and click Apply

1. Launch the Origin client.
  2. Right-click the game in the Library and select Game Properties.
  3. Enter: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0 and click Apply
I know that guys but the problem is with maintaining constant framerates. I play at 6048x1080 Eyefinity resolution (FOV fix with Flawless Widescreen) so it is impossible at least for me.

Hey Tony, i need a BF4 Premium code for PS4, any news when is it going to be in stock again?
While you are doing that, I need you to do a season pass bundle sale. Let's say BF4 season pass, CoD:G season pass and Killzone Shadowfall season pass for like $50 ($20 BF4, $20 CoD:G and $10 Killzone).

Make some magic happen Tony!

P.s. That's a better deal than $20 coupon on CoD:G for those who ordered next gens from amazon.

steam is having a ubisoft weekend until 24th. i hope the daily sale that are 75% off get matched although nothing for me today.

I did the Thief giveaway thing this morning.  Got my discount code.. went to buy it.. and was told that the code was invalid :/

I guess I should have been quicker.

Oh well.. thanks anyway Tony!  (edit: this is sincere thanks.. re-reading this it seemed sarcastic lol).

That setting seems woefully inadequate to handle the eventual effects of the 5 Pound Gummy challenge. Where's the trash can? Plastic Sheeting? Spray guard?
No kidding. Anyone brave enough to watch should be covered up like they're in the front row of a Gallagher performance.

It's a shame you don't have a dozen people all accepting the challenge at once. One person suffers a reversal, and the sound sets off someone else, and the smell gets to two more, and suddenly it's the pie-eating scene from Stand By Me all over Amazon's nice clean corporate carpets.

Thanks Tony.

btw,any chance for Amazon Price Match with Steam Ubisoft Weekend Sale? I'm preparing to purchase Assassin's Creed III Deluxe and Far Cry 3 Deluxe for my friend :D

No kidding. Anyone brave enough to watch should be covered up like they're in the front row of a Gallagher performance.

It's a shame you don't have a dozen people all accepting the challenge at once. One person suffers a reversal, and the sound sets off someone else, and the smell gets to two more, and suddenly it's the pie-eating scene from Stand By Me all over Amazon's nice clean corporate carpets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STB4s7Qhf40

I know the answer but I can't seem to get the link to work.
THEREFORE, I give up.
Sorry bout that .. did not realize that the link got that broken ... check your inbox for new link to the game ... I bought another copy :)

Messed up when I bought the second copy and forgot to select the gift option and lost all the games I redeemed ... DOH :)

Ohh .. and here is safecracker .. no gimmicks just a easy to use link :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=tqp4A4qcDym3qGGB
AND GOOOONE .. in 1 min and 27 seconds :)

Ugh.. I just clicked on that link and didn't see the game name. I'm going to buy the bundle anyway, so there's no point in redeeming it -- it should go to someone else. I canceled out of it, so hopefully it will revert to the next person that clicks it. 

If not, and it still shows me as the person redeeming it, let me know and I'll send it to someone or give out my extra when I buy the bundle.

Edit: just saw the post above me, so canceling worked! nm.

So i bought an extra copy to give one to Laneroo and well he really did not want it (thanks for being honest) .. he just likes to solve puzzles .. quite fitting seeing how it was for a puzzle game from a puzzle bundle :)

So I will give away another copy of Aura ...

www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Zh??GawkXbs?xkc? -- The 4 ???? are for numbers. They correspond to the kit number for LEGO Indiana Jones River Chase.

DANG that was fast .... was someone actually building the set .. gone in literally 60 seconds .. haha ..

So i bought an extra copy to give one to Laneroo and well he really did not want it (thanks for being honest) .. he just likes to solve puzzles .. quite fitting seeing how it was for a puzzle game from a puzzle bundle :)

So I will give away another copy of Aura ...

www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Zh??GawkXbs?xkc? -- The 4 ???? are for numbers. They correspond to the kit number for LEGO Indiana Jones River Chase.

DANG that was fast .... was someone actually building the set .. gone in literally 60 seconds .. haha ..

Hey guys, sorry if this was asked before but does anyone know if there will be a pre order promo for Titanfall?
Currently, Amazon is offering a Prima Mini Guide + $5 Digital Games Credit for the digital version (either Online Code or Instant Access). There is no in-game preorder DLC.

Pre-order and get a Prima Mini Guide and Pro Tips + $5 Digital Games Credit
Pre-order Titanfall and get a $5 Digital Games credit + the Mini Prima Guide. The mini guide contains a breakdown of one multiplayer map featuring points of interest, heat maps, and a labeled top-down view of the area. Professional gamers who are writing the Prima Official Game Guide will provide their top 10 tips and a highlight video of their play on the map. Access code and Digital Games credit will be emailed within two business days after the game is first available for download. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order.

Sorry bout that .. did not realize that the link got that broken ... check your inbox for new link to the game ... I bought another copy :)

Messed up when I bought the second copy and forgot to select the gift option and lost all the games I redeemed ... DOH :)

Ohh .. and here is safecracker .. no gimmicks just a easy to use link :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=tqp4A4qcDym3qGGB
AND GOOOONE .. in 1 min and 27 seconds :)
iZ that u tony 3.0!!!! :p

Wow...he actually really liked it. He slammed demon's souls, wonder if he'd feel differently going through it a second time.
He probably didn't give Demons as many goes as Dark Souls, since he said he came back and tried several times before "breaking through the wall." Kind of makes you wonder how many other games he might change his mind about if he went back and replayed them.

Hey man,

I'm still working on a GW 1 deal but it isn't seeing much movement :(.

Also, Nutella is the best.

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks, i appreciate the effort. Speaking of, instead of gummi bears. Why not try eating one of those massive nutella jars or a few?

I would get your affairs in order, since it would be

death by chocolate.

giphy.gif

Anyone know what time zone getgamesgo and getloadedgo sites are in. It says the next bundle starts today at 4pm.

Edit: It's live now all ubisoft mix of drm mainly uplay. Steam weekend daily deals are probably going to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back