Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Ring Runner - ?L?58-FN562-CF6?J - Initials for the US (and Canadian) Hockey Association.

Rock of Ages - DRG??-7KN58-6L06L - Initials for a character on US TV 70's sitcom "Goodtimes" ... "Dyno-MITE!"

Gun Monkeys - IAC97-R?E8?-4CH7P - Publisher of game Zathura: A Space Adventure

Bang Bang Racing - QKR4R-PQ7XY-?6?H? - Fantasy role-playing game co-created by Gary Gygax

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World - 0N???-G0BV2-J3FAI - Awards show on MTV

Monday Night Combat - EK7?E-8QWJH-?ZRAK - While not as "fly" as a G6 this is still a great jet plane even it its 2 models back. :)
I see someone, like myself, bought the BundleStars bundle for Expeditions: Conquistadors.

Ring Runner - ?L?58-FN562-CF6?J - Initials for the US (and Canadian) Hockey Association.

Rock of Ages - DRG??-7KN58-6L06L - Initials for a character on US TV 70's sitcom "Goodtimes" ... "Dyno-MITE!"

Gun Monkeys - IAC97-R?E8?-4CH7P - Publisher of game Zathura: A Space Adventure

Bang Bang Racing - QKR4R-PQ7XY-?6?H? - Fantasy role-playing game co-created by Gary Gygax

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World - 0N???-G0BV2-J3FAI - Awards show on MTV

Monday Night Combat - EK7?E-8QWJH-?ZRAK - While not as "fly" as a G6 this is still a great jet plane even it its 2 models back. :)
Got the Kaptain. Thanks! :D

I see someone, like myself, bought the BundleStars bundle for Expeditions: Conquistadors.
Not really into those type of games honestly :) .. hehe

I got it because it had 5 games (Etherlords II also gives you the first game) and a software I don't have on Steam yet.

It's all about the backlog and game count ... gotta catch them all ...

2197786-buy_all_the_games.jpg

And I never play the games I buy .. don't want them to lose that "new game smell" beside I don't have time to play them when I'm to busy buying bundles, dropping codes and building spreadsheets ... that reminds me maybe I'll play FEZ today :)

any one here play Rise of flight?  I was looking at IndieGala & the game look interesting enough.  The last flight game I played and ENJOYED was Wings of Prey & Ace Combat.  Appreciate any input

I didn't know CAG was only for people in the US as well as Amazon PCDD.
I didn't say anything regarding US only and CAG.

I can purchase game via Amazon ;)
I didn't say you couldn't. I also didn't say you shouldn't or are not supposed to. But, you know how people video themselves doing stupid things, then post said stupid things on YouTube, then suffer the effects of millions of people viewing said stupid things... Well, I don't judge those people for doing said stupid things, I judge them for making those stupid things public knowledge. Wink.

I didn't say you couldn't. I also didn't say you shouldn't or are not supposed to. But, you know how people video themselves doing stupid things, then post said stupid things on YouTube, then suffer the effects of millions of people viewing said stupid things... Well, I don't judge those people for doing said stupid things, I judge them for making those stupid things public knowledge. Wink.
That's the same thing they told me on the Parcimonioso Jogador do Jogo de Computador forums :whistle2:k

Sega's been having a lot of deals lately.  Hope that means the Humble Bundle is impending, although there's not much more I need from them at this point.  $1 Alpha Protocol and ACM would be nice.

What if it's really coming?

Sega - Group 1 - http://steamdb.info/sub/39387/

Sega - Group 1 (DE) - http://steamdb.info/sub/39388/

Sega - Group 2 - http://steamdb.info/sub/39389/
Then I hope it's worth the wait. I have a feeling I'm going to regret picking up Binary Domain and Typing of the Dead at GMG last month. Oops, I'm silly. Didn't realize I needed to click the "apps" tab. Well,l guess I'm in for a buck for Alpha Protocol, Hell Yeah! and the Genesis pack. Already have the whole BTA except for Football Manager.

Then I hope it's worth the wait. I have a feeling I'm going to regret picking up Binary Domain and Typing of the Dead at GMG last month.
Try playing Typing of the Dead with a group of friends, drunk at 3 o'clock in the morning. You won't regret it one bit then.

Whoa, Tebow was banned, poor guy.

Is Binary Domain worth buying for $3.74 right now or is it smarter to hold off?  Looks fun and I've heard good things about it but I doubt I would get around to playing it immediately.

Whoa, Tebow was banned, poor guy.

Is Binary Domain worth buying for $3.74 right now or is it smarter to hold off? Looks fun and I've heard good things about it but I doubt I would get around to playing it immediately.
Not counting bundle inclusion, $3.74 is typically the basement for Sega games.

Stanley Parable needs a sale price! I dont think it's been cheaper than its MSRP since launch. Probably the only PC game I plan on playing that's not Titanfall

Stanley Parable needs a sale price! I dont think it's been cheaper than its MSRP since launch. Probably the only PC game I plan on playing that's not Titanfall
A) It's not on Amazon. B) It's been $11.24 and $8.99 a few times. Checking websites like Amazon for a) and Steam Prices for b) can alleviate posts like the above.

A) It's not on Amazon. B) It's been $11.24 and $8.99 a few times. Checking websites like Amazon for a) and Steam Prices for b) can alleviate posts like the above.
I've been checking steam ever since I've been interested in the game. I had not heard of it probably since its last sale, which at its cheapest was in December according to Ninjasquirrel. Thought it came out later than that. It was one that simply went under the radar for a while during the ps4 launch hype.

so there...dont have to be such a little prick about it. Could've left it at one sentence. Had to jab that knife in just a little bit, eh? Couldn't resist? And I'm soooo sorry that I'm not up to speed on every single game Amazon does and does not sell. I'll quit my job and work on that.

re: Typing of the Dead pack

It's 66% off at Greenman, if you can find something else to stick in the cart to get to $10 like the Bone Complete pack the voucher OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1 will take it down another 20%. Also some people might have Playfire credits there.

Hi Tony,

Vanguard Princess was greenlit onto Steam, and the publisher said they distributed keys to Amazon to give customers who already purchased the game. Do you have any info on this? Thanks.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/187111395/1393856288
I saw this too and was curious. I hadn't noticed Amazon distributing Steam keys after the fact except that one time for Huntsman: The Orphanage but it would be nice if they started doing this.

If they put games on Greenlight on sale and distributed Steam keys for them once they get in on a regular basis I would be more likely to buy Indie games from Amazon.

HINT HINT

re: Typing of the Dead pack

It's 66% off at Greenman, if you can find something else to stick in the cart to get to $10 like the Bone Complete pack the voucher OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1 will take it down another 20%. Also some people might have Playfire credits there.

I saw this too and was curious. I hadn't noticed Amazon distributing Steam keys after the fact except that one time for Huntsman: The Orphanage but it would be nice if they started doing this.

If they put games on Greenlight on sale and distributed Steam keys for them once they get in on a regular basis I would be more likely to buy Indie games from Amazon.

HINT HINT
Huntsman: The Orphanage was preorder for steam key to beging with.

Huntsman: The Orphanage was preorder for steam key to beging with.
Well the Vanguard Princess devs are saying that Amazon is supposed to distribute keys for them now that they got in so I'm curious see how that pans out, how fast/slow they are to do it and how much poking and prodding will be needed to get it done. (Sorry I've just dealt with a lot of these Greenlight cases and it various a lot)

I'm honestly not sure if this is something the developers worked out in advance for VP or if they're just trying to do it now. I don't even know if they contacted Amazon about it but they made it sound like they did.

I'm pretty sure there was no begging involved.
I however have had to beg for some damned Greenlight keys before. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back