Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Cheers,

Tony

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Cheers,

Tony
2010-coins-movie-scott-pilgrim-Favim.com-112653.jpg

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Cheers,

Tony
@Tony AKA T-Money

Damn, T-Money....You're gonna get this Cylon and Toaster all choked-up and stuff. I don't know - can Cylons and Toasters cry? Man, I wish you the best in your future endeavor at Amazon! I'm gonna miss all the posting and crazy deals you and Amazon DVG concocted. We had some great times here! Hope to keep seeing you pop-in + chat here!

@Josh AKA J-Money

So, now - hey Josh! J-Money, welcome to the CAG Party! Hope you're ready to drop some killer and often groundbreaking deals like Tony did! And, oh yeah - we also expect lots of awesome deals, off-topic chatter, code-drops for games. :D

Amazon rep requirements for posting on CAG:

1) Thick skin

2) Sense of humor (morbid helps)

3) Mascot (pet or otherwise) as tool to distract/deflect/divulge

4) Thick skin

5) Ability repeat oneself

6) Ability to withstand repeated items

7) Thick skin

8) Be one with the meme

9) Fluent in tebonics (no longer a requirement) 

10) Thick skin

Hey CAGS,

Cheers,

Tony
I've never been very active in this thread posting-wise, but I did appreciate everything you did/put up with. Thanks for all your hard work and good luck with your new position! :D

Running the loyalty program for Kindle users a demotion? Me thinks you may be underestimating how popular the Kindle is versus Amazon's Digital Video Game store.
Say wat?

I didn't see anything about Kindle in his post, just a loyalty and rewards program and "Amazon coins". If he said he was the new manager of the Kindle store and all that, I can see how that would be great. Amazon coins? I don't know man.

It's hard to see how being the manager of a new, possibly terrible rewards system would be a promotion over all of the commission from heading the entire digital games market on Amazon.

Haha thanks for looking out :). It is a massive promotion.

Cheers,

Tony

Well that settles it. Congrats then.

Be sure to come back once a week (or daily, that works too) to code drop with all that new moolah.

I see you spend a lot of time and thought when you delve out nicknames
Just to be clear, I gave him the name T-Money way long ago. We'd have to go back into the threads to confirm it, but it's probably my only accomplishment on this forum and I'm not going go give it up, consarnit!

It's kinda melancholy, so it has somewhat of the same feel of some of her songs, but Fiona is by far a superior songwriter and a better singer to boot. It lacks a lot of the feeling and emotion that Apple brings out in her songs.
I will take your word for it. Either way, I own at least one FA record (somewhere) and this lady seems pretty okay. :)

Grats on the promotion Tony, I'm sure you'll do a great job. Please stop in every now and again and let us know how things are going. And welcome to Josh. You've got big shoes to fill though. :D

Hey CAGS,

Cheers,

Tony
Oh Tony, the memories we had. Remember that time you had that that good sale? Oh man, that was awesome and I miss it so much........Of course that amazing sale has been repeated about 40 times so I guess I don't really miss it that much now that I think about it.

Hey CAGS,

Cheers,

Tony
Thanks for everything Tony, and good luck!

Josh...I don't know what you did that pissed your boss off, but may god have mercy on your soul.

Hey CAGS,

Cheers,

Tony
mgs3-snake-salute.jpg

It has been an honor to share the past couple years with you, Tony! Congrats on your promotion, best wishes, and thanks for all your hard work and communication.

Welcome, Josh! :)

fuck saying Thank you!

I'm going to say "You're Welcome". Without us, this promotion would be impossible. I'll allow you to accept these accolades and this bump in pay grade. Just remember all the little, poor, poor guys down here.

j/k

Thanks so much Tony. Good luck with everything coming up.

But seriously, you're welcome.

Do Dark Souls II pre-orders come with the bonus weapons?

Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time.
Best of luck! You've done an outstanding with your grassroots marketing. The great thing about what you did is that you were able to let your personality come through and not sound like a wooden ad-man. You've brought great awareness to Amazon DVG, which I suppose your boss noticed as well...

Don't be a stranger. I've kind of become internet-invested in the exploits of you and your crazy dog.

Congratulations on the promotion Tony, obviously your first bigger paycheck should be used for buying us all a free game.

Congratulations on the promotion Josh, obviously your first bigger paycheck should be used for buying us all a cheaper free game. ;)

Hey Tony ...

Huge congratulations on your promotion. It is well deserved. If you can do half of what you did in the DVG at Amazon in their Loyatly & Rewards program then the L&R will not only succeed but be huge.

Good Luck in your new path with your career at Amazon.

While I have only been here a short amount of time the community here is fantastic and very welcoming so there should be no reason AmazonJosh should not fit right in. Hopefully he spends more time here than on reddit :p

If you need any help with a spreadsheet just ask :) :) you have my email .. haha

Ohh and Tebow says congrats to .. :)

Say wat?

I didn't see anything about Kindle in his post, just a loyalty and rewards program and "Amazon coins". If he said he was the new manager of the Kindle store and all that, I can see how that would be great. Amazon coins? I don't know man.

It's hard to see how being the manager of a new, possibly terrible rewards system would be a promotion over all of the commission from heading the entire digital games market on Amazon.

Well that settles it. Congrats then.

Be sure to come back once a week (or daily, that works too) to code drop with all that new moolah.
You must not know much about the Coins program. It's not really about whether it will be good or bad, but about the user base. The Coins program is meant to appeal to Kindle Fire users which is a much bigger user base and more important to Amazon than DVG.

Congrats, Tony! Happy for you and sorry to see you go at the same time.  Like others have said, we'll be glad to hear from you whenever you stop by the thread in the future.

Question: does this mean you can accept gifts from us now?

You must not know much about the Coins program. It's not really about whether it will be good or bad, but about the user base. The Coins program is meant to appeal to Kindle Fire users which is a much bigger user base and more important to Amazon than DVG.
Nope, never even heard about it until Tony mentioned it. I'm just out of the loop, but that should say something about it...

I guess it's all tied to the Amazon Android app store too. Whenever I buy something for Android I just go the Play store, which seems to be the top dog in that department... eh.

Congrats, Tony.

Thanks for aiming all the deals our way. And specifically thanks for the giveaway game or two I have gotten from you.

The Amazon thread--specifically the info on the upcoming 1c Bundle--was one of the main reasons I joined CAG.

Hey CAGS,

Cheers,

Tony
All good things come to an end but congratulations on your promotion and thanks for everything you did for this community.

DxsZmmI.jpg

Nope, never even heard about it until Tony mentioned it. I'm just out of the loop, but that should say something about it...

I guess it's all tied to the Amazon Android app store too. Whenever I buy something for Android I just go the Play store, which seems to be the top dog in that department... eh.
Yeah, I go to the Play store mostly too. It's actually a bit annoying that the Amazon App Store is so focused on the Kindle Fire. I did one of their promotions to get some credit to use on in-game currency and then it turns out the game I wanted to use it on (The Simpsons Tapped Out) is only available for Kindle Fire through Amazon. No clue why, but I just went to the Google Play store and got it there and it works on my phone fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back