Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
:cries over missing the Titanfall key drop:  :wall:

Congrats to those who got them though - and Welcome to Josh!

My first request is a sale on Titanfall - I PMed Tony about a better deal on Titanfall Pre-orders a couple weeks back but he was too busy counting all the  Amazon Coins I guess.  :whistle2:

Any chance of getting some sort of discount going in the next week or so?  :pray:

Josh? The same one from Kmart and TRU?
Negative, I've been here for the past two years, did some stuff at Destructoid before that (among other things).

:lol:

Well, I don't know know what's in the works but the Amazon Coupon System is <Borderands-Scooter> Broke (Ba-roke) </Borderlands-Scooter> I harbor some fantasy where DVG credit will be superseded by Amazon Coins (and coins will work as discounts on them).

(The problem with the DVG credit system is that there's no way to check what credit we have and what should work on what without working it out from our emails and order history.)
Totally agree with you here, we've talked about this a lot.

1. Okay, that's possibly going on my menu this very week.

2. Your cat looks like it could cause some serious trouble.

3. Separate PC/console threads.
1. Add guacamole on top instead of ketchup/mustard. Trust me.

2. He causes more trouble to himself than anyone else. He's already used up four of his nine lives, but he's got more personality than a lot of dogs do, I love the guy.

3. That's the overwhelming sentiment, thanks for the input. As soon as I have my first deals to share, I'll create the new threads.

I'm glad Tony got the promotion he deserved (it is a promotion, right?), and this Josh guy doesn't seem too bad.

I can't bear to lose a great mascot, though. Adopt Paddington pls?

I'm representing both the physical and digital sides of Amazon games, so I'll be bringing you physical deals as well. I'm going to create a new thread so I can manage the title, have something more manageable, etc. Question for all of you folks, would you prefer to have separate threads for digital / physical deals, or should I consolidate into one monstrous "Amazon Deals Extravaganza" thread?
Welcome to the family, Josh!

If I'm reading this right, you're asking if we'd rather have separate threads for digital games (currently PC & PSN) and physical games (PC & Console) or a Mega-thread that combines everything. I'm definitely behind the idea of keeping those threads separate, but please consider the conceptual split that Asheskitty posted earlier; making one thread for PC deals (digital & physical) and one for console deals (digital & physical). I think that actually makes the most sense, because a lot of people buying digital PC games might be interested in physical PC deals, and most people buying physical console games would probably be interested in digital console deals.

Digital vs. Physical is more of a problem for the system we're talking about. For PCs sake it'll vary a bit but outside of Microsoft Store and the occasional Newegg offer, PC is almost always the one with the bigger discounts. If you can make deals happen there I doubt there'd be too much complaining (especially if these 50GB games are going to become common - could see a return to discs by quite a few people if this becomes a norm) but it's a filling a subsection of PC gamers that have for now generally moved on, largely because digital plain goes cheaper faster most of the time. Really, the only downside is you'd include a new variable and question to ask - restrictions have their perk.

If you're talking about the PSN side of things, that's a different story. One that I don't really know what you guys are doing to, at that. Amazon PC Deals are one thing, Amazon PSN Deals are another. Though there's a connection there simply due to the overlap among the library and it'll get closer than ever now. If you're going to treat the two under notably different policies, probably best to keep it separate as it'll only make things confusing.

I'm so excited to be filling Tony's shoes. Just to kick things off right, here are five Origin keys for Titanfall to the first people that can figure out the missing letters:

98F7-BAQV-RKPL-FR23-PKQ?
7VLC-LQCY-332K-JP6C-7WC?
D97P-869V-HJHU-FBNK-CXR?
958G-JH5D-RPX9-ZCXC-C3E?
27TT-WBP2-PBCQ-M4WG-D5E?

We're going to have a great time.
Nice job on the code drop but you did it wrong.

Next time you do a code drop for Titanfall (or any game) you need to make sure you PM me one too ... this was something Tony always did and I should expect you to do the same. :) :)

And Welcome to this "interesting" community ... looking forward to doing some sales spreadsheets under your watch :)

I'm so excited to be filling Tony's shoes. Just to kick things off right, here are five Origin keys for Titanfall to the first people that can figure out the missing letters:

98F7-BAQV-RKPL-FR23-PKQ?
7VLC-LQCY-332K-JP6C-7WC?
D97P-869V-HJHU-FBNK-CXR?
958G-JH5D-RPX9-ZCXC-C3E?
27TT-WBP2-PBCQ-M4WG-D5E?

Oh no I missed the new guy's first give away. Not sure but I probably would need a new hdd for titanfall anyways. 48gb install!

I'm glad Tony got the promotion he deserved (it is a promotion, right?), and this Josh guy doesn't seem too bad.

I can't bear to lose a great mascot, though. Adopt Paddington pls?
Hardly, Paddy is one of the worst behaved dogs I've ever met. Ohh, the stories I could tell you about Paddington...

Zack will be a fine substitute, I promise.

Welcome to the family, Josh!

If I'm reading this right, you're asking if we'd rather have separate threads for digital games (currently PC & PSN) and physical games (PC & Console) or a Mega-thread that combines everything. I'm definitely behind the idea of keeping those threads separate, but please consider the conceptual split that Asheskitty posted earlier; making one thread for PC deals (digital & physical) and one for console deals (digital & physical). I think that actually makes the most sense, because a lot of people buying digital PC games might be interested in physical PC deals, and most people buying physical console games would probably be interested in digital console deals.
Digital vs. Physical is more of a problem for the system we're talking about. For PCs sake it'll vary a bit but outside of Microsoft Store and the occasional Newegg offer, PC is almost always the one with the bigger discounts. If you can make deals happen there I doubt there'd be too much complaining (especially if these 50GB games are going to become common - could see a return to discs by quite a few people if this becomes a norm) but it's a filling a subsection of PC gamers that have for now generally moved on, largely because digital plain goes cheaper faster most of the time. Really, the only downside is you'd include a new variable and question to ask - restrictions have their perk.

If you're talking about the PSN side of things, that's a different story. One that I don't really know what you guys are doing to, at that. Amazon PC Deals are one thing, Amazon PSN Deals are another. Though there's a connection there simply due to the overlap among the library and it'll get closer than ever now. If you're going to treat the two under notably different policies, probably best to keep it separate as it'll only make things confusing.
Yep, this is the consensus. One thread for P+D console deals, another thread for P+D digital deals.

People still buy boxed retail PC games? Seems pretty pointless to me since in most cases these days it's just a Steam or Origin or Uplay key that wastes paper and fuel and takes extra time to get to you.

Next time you do a code drop for Titanfall (or any game) you need to make sure you PM me one too ... this was something Tony always did and I should expect you to do the same. :) :)
Tony and I also had this deal. Oh and I'm sure he forgot to mention that he was also going to send me psn codes for season passes on killzone shadow fall, battlefield 4 and CoD ghosts. I'm sure you'll be a pal and send those ASAP.

Oh and grats on the new job... Not sure that I said that yet.

Welcome Josh (accept my friend invite or you're dead to me).

Another vote for keeping PC and Console threads separate.

Sometimes extreme measures are necessary.  But, seriously (sort of), CAG is already 95% console game threads.  Let us have our PC haven.

People still buy boxed retail PC games? Seems pretty pointless to me since in most cases these days it's just a Steam or Origin or Uplay key that wastes paper and fuel and takes extra time to get to you.
Not to mention that someone could see that backlog unless you take your time to destroy evidence.

I don't even have DVD-drive connected (I have only 8x SATA and all are for hard disks).

(Call of Duty is probably only one that is cheaper on physical than digital download.)

Not to mention that someone could see that backlog unless you take your time to destroy evidence.

I don't even have DVD-drive connected (I have only 8x SATA and all are for hard disks).

(Call of Duty is probably only one that is cheaper on physical than digital download.)
I thought boxed retail for PC games was still a thing in McDonald's in Oregon?

Hey Josh - your avatar looks like an old friend of mine.  The artwork even matches the era ('80s) so it's kinda eerie.  I'm glad to hear you're not that other Josh guy.  He has trouble making things happen, but he tries.  You, on the other hand, are a DOER!  I can tell already.  BTW, before he left, Tony promised us a sale on every Logo game ever made for under $10.  I'm sure that's in your notes somewhere.  Looking forward to the link.  Welcome to the fray!

PS - Carbon Dioxide (say the whole thing) is NOT a pollutant, so physical & digital deals are equally appreciated.

I agree, and in my post about physical PC deals, I was actually implying deals on parts and accessories suited for gaming (Video cards, hard drives, mice, etc.). Obviously, the main focus of the CAG Amazon PC gaming thread should be digital PC games, but it might be nice to have some deals on related items from time to time.

98F7-BAQV-RKPL-FR23-PKQ?

7VLC-LQCY-332K-JP6C-7WC?

D97P-869V-HJHU-FBNK-CXR?

958G-JH5D-RPX9-ZCXC-C3E?

27TT-WBP2-PBCQ-M4WG-D5E?

OMG @ Titanfall PC key-drops.

From what I've played It's A LOT of fun - played for like 1 hr and a half last night.

Attrition Mode is sweet.

Need to check out the other modes within the next few days...

EDIT:

I'm MysterD on Origin, in case some of y'all are lookin' for me on Origin...

And likely tonight, I'll be playing some Titanfall PC.

EDIT 2:

Appreciate the advice. I'm always open to criticism too, so if I'm not doing what you want me to, just give me a heads up.
75% off deals so we can backlog games is a good start. ;)

So are awesome code-drops!

You're already off to a good start, dropping some Titanfall PC codes. ;)

Been quite a while since I bought a retail box at a store or had a retail box shipped to my house.

Tryna' think here - maybe my last one was Dishonored PC from Amazon?

I'm representing both the physical and digital sides of Amazon games, so I'll be bringing you physical deals as well. I'm going to create a new thread so I can manage the title, have something more manageable, etc. Question for all of you folks, would you prefer to have separate threads for digital / physical deals, or should I consolidate into one monstrous "Amazon Deals Extravaganza" thread?

SKajFSU.jpg

*I'll probably eventually leave, but hopefully not for a long time*

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's going to be a good time, Tony prepped me on everything. You guys like full priced games and corporate PR-approved statements, right?
I say two different threads:

One thread for Physical + Digital PC deals.

And a different thread for console physical + digital deals.

About full-priced games - no, just no... :eek:P

75% off or better is the normal CAG "Add to my increasingly huge backlog" rule around here. ;)

funny, because cats are the self-sufficient and clean ones when compared to dogs.
Notice he said cat people.

cat people are arguably more likely to be non self-sufficient and clean (gross), which is why they require a self-sufficient and clean (and less personable and more evil) pet to make up for it.

Dog people can afford to have pets that have accidents and need a higher level of care because of how self sufficient and clean they are

Physical games are occasionally cheaper, Newegg and Microsoft are the oddballs. But I may buy some physical PC games if we're getting the ridiculously large downloads that are expected. Titanfall is a 25GB download that also has a 50GB install.

If the game developers were more consumer friendly and 1) kept compressed audio the default (just make uncompressed audio a free optional version you separately download), 2) let you select what languages to install, then I'd probably never look back as the sizes are easy to manage. Having a free 50-75GB to install one game, not so much. Disc speeding that up has its own values and with Comcast being around data caps are a real thing to worry about.

depends how long it takes josh to post his first deal
Thief 2014 for $10 for his first deal, right? ;)

And to promote this, maybe some Thief 2014 code-drops! ;)

EDIT:

I wonder how Zack and AshesKitty will get along here...

EDIT 2:

Sometimes extreme measures are necessary. But, seriously (sort of), CAG is already 95% console game threads. Let us have our PC haven.
Yes - we need more PC-centric threads like the Steam Thread and this Amazon DVG Thread.

EDIT 3:

You are both wrong, you should be living by MY standards. And my standards include:

- Having my diapers changed in a timely fashion

- bladmning mns' fud nutsz

- playing good games because good games are good

- fawning over bruticus' posts

- eating ice cream by the tub

get your act(s) together
Umm - Tebow, is that you? ;)

Notice he said cat people.

cat people are arguably more likely to be non self-sufficient and clean (gross), which is why they require a self-sufficient and clean (and less personable and more evil) pet to make up for it.

Dog people can afford to have pets that have accidents and need a higher level of care because of how self sufficient and clean they are
theory sounds good, but reality speaks different. I have two cats and am waiting to get a dog, but you could eat off my floor, so to speak.

Physical games are occasionally cheaper, Newegg and Microsoft are the oddballs. But I may buy some physical PC games if we're getting the ridiculously large downloads that are expected. Titanfall is a 25GB download that also has a 50GB install.

If the game developers were more consumer friendly and 1) kept compressed audio the default (just make uncompressed audio a free optional version you separately download), 2) let you select what languages to install, then I'd probably never look back as the sizes are easy to manage. Having a free 50-75GB to install one game, not so much. Disc speeding that up has its own values and with Comcast being around data caps are a real thing to worry about.
That data on discs only really helps much if the game is large and new and hasn't had a ton of updates. Also Comcast suspended enforcing the data caps some time ago. If you actually login to their site to view usage it should say something like "Note: enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended".

Wow, I was so busy sending emails to the winners of the free game giveaways, that I missed out on the Titanfall giveaway? Weak!

Looking forward to the new thread. 2518 pages has started to wear down on me.

Cheers, 

Cats suck.  That won't change no matter how many of you guys get them.  I just read an article where a cat attacked a family and held them hostage in a room and why?  Just because a brat kid pulled the cat's tail and then the jerkoff dad kicked the cat.  Really?  That's all it takes for a cat to get upset?  

Hopefully, Josh can get through to Activision + get us some killer CoD deals.

I'm missing CoD: World at War PC + CoD: Black Ops 1 PC here.

Won't be easy - this is ACTIVISION we're talking about here.... ;)

Cats suck. That won't change no matter how many of you guys get them. I just read an article where a cat attacked a family and held them hostage in a room and why? Just because a brat kid pulled the cat's tail and then the jerkoff dad kicked the cat. Really? That's all it takes for a cat to get upset?
Totally read that as "the dad jerked off the cat" initially

Hopefully, Josh can get through to Activision + get them to kill CoD, then spend his time trying to get us deals on games that are good.

Won't be easy - this is ACTIVISION we're talking about here.... ;)

ftfy

Wow, I was so busy sending emails to the winners of the free game giveaways, that I missed out on the Titanfall giveaway? Weak!

Looking forward to the new thread. 2518 pages has started to wear down on me.

Cheers,
But, don't you like looking at 2518 pages worth of game-key code drops? ;)

EDIT:

Cats suck. That won't change no matter how many of you guys get them. I just read an article where a cat attacked a family and held them hostage in a room and why? Just because a brat kid pulled the cat's tail and then the jerkoff dad kicked the cat. Really? That's all it takes for a cat to get upset?
Since you feel that way about cats - what about foxes? ;)

EDIT 2:

I think just like MOH, COD needs a freaking break and needs to be reinvented.

Yearly iterations can really wear us down.

98F7-BAQV-RKPL-FR23-PKQ?

7VLC-LQCY-332K-JP6C-7WC?

D97P-869V-HJHU-FBNK-CXR?

958G-JH5D-RPX9-ZCXC-C3E?

27TT-WBP2-PBCQ-M4WG-D5E?

Tony never would h.... Ohhh, you almost got me to say it, almost! ;)

As your first official day posting on CAG I don't think things could have gone any better. Especially with those rapid fire enthusiastic replies and five Titanfall code drops. Impressive to say the least! I wasn't around to get one, but anyone who drops codes* is alright in my book. (*Bad Rats and Magicka excluded)

I think we're all going to get along just fine with Josh.

[quote name="syde1020" post="11605121" timestamp="1394660258"]Dang. I was working when he did the key drop :( stupid job[/quote]

Me too. But that has never stopped me from slacking off.

98F7-BAQV-RKPL-FR23-PKQ?

7VLC-LQCY-332K-JP6C-7WC?

D97P-869V-HJHU-FBNK-CXR?

958G-JH5D-RPX9-ZCXC-C3E?

27TT-WBP2-PBCQ-M4WG-D5E?

You are off to a good start with those code drops, I am sure you will fit into the CAG community just fine. :applause:

Any news when the Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack will be back? That was one of the deals that was supposed to happen during the winter sale but did not materialize due to the lack of keys.

The Walking Dead TV series will be ending this month, I reckon a deal on the steam version of The Walking Dead Season 2 will be a good parting gift for the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back