Amazon pre-order credits

fullmetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi, I'm new to pre-ordering games, and I had a few questions about how Amazon pre-order credits work. I'm looking at a few games coming out this fall, and I'm trying to determine the best action.

-Are major releases generally the ones given the credit promotions?
-Do most major releases get a credit?
-Is the credit generally $10 and $20 is more of a rarity?
-Is it rare for a game to increase it's credit from $10 to $20 after it's already been announced?
-How close to the actual release date can a credit be announced?

I've got limited funds and some Amazon credit, and I am trying to maximize my purchases. Some of these games I feel might be ripe for Black Friday sales, so I don't want to jump on something with a lesser return too early.

Thanks for all advice.

Ok, since no one has yet to answer, i will do the best i can.

-if you wanna know what games have a pre-order credit, just type in pre-order credit into the amazon search field and click the video games to see the current list.
-its resonable to assume that, however it generally only applies to the standard copy of a game. (ie not on collector's edition, limited edition, elite edition, etc)
-most times its $5 or 10, with RARE exceptions of $15 or $20
-the credit is usually set up in advance, so while there have been exceptions, it generally doesnt go up
-credits aren't announced any particular time, but as you get closer to release date, (say a month or 2 weeks) then the credit is almost for sure going to be shown.

and here is some fine points info right from amazon:
The Fine Print
The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
Each promotion code can be used only once, unless otherwise specified.
Each promotion code applies only to qualifying items displaying the applicable offer message on their product detail pages.
Each promotion code applies only to products sold by the seller indicated in the offer message. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. For example, if the promotion applies to cookware offered by Amazon.com, the same cookware offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website does not qualify.
The promotion is subject to all restrictions set forth in the offer.
If the promotion has a minimum purchase requirement, taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply toward the minimum purchase amount.
The promotion applies only to orders shipped to the same address.
The promotion code is not for resale and is not redeemable for cash.
If you return items purchased using a promotion code, we will subtract the value of the promotion code from your return credit.
Promotion codes may not be combined with other offers.
Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
Void where prohibited.
If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the promotional code discount will not apply.

bread's done
Back