Amazon - Preorder FFX HD free upgrade to limited edition.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BY0G0YU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1YJR5J1S7J1CN906P5Y9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630072182&pf_rd_i=507846

Looks like it is just an art book that comes with it but hey, Amzon doesn't charge til it ships so why not pre order now if you plan on picking this up
You and other people need to learn that Amazon is starting to call "preorder editions" "limited editions".

Wasn't this announced months and months ago? Same thing they did with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD.
They did.

You and other people need to learn that Amazon is starting to call "preorder editions" "limited editions".

They did.

Well this is a free upgrade to the one with the art book and is officially called the Limited Edition, but other retailers are doing it and eventually they will run out just like the KH one.

Well this is a free upgrade to the one with the art book and is officially called the Limited Edition, but other retailers are doing it and eventually they will run out just like the KH one.
Yes, but it doesn't cost more. It's just a first run edition. This is like creating a topic for any other preorder item. Not pissing on it, but I said it that way so others know it's not like this will cost you $20 more at retailers if you don't preorder.

I didn't find a thread on this and and even if the majority are aware I'm sure there are some people who are not and would appreciate the deal.
Oh my god, I hate people who throw that defense out there. It's like saying fuck you Vic, I am helping at least 1 person and for that reason my thread deserves to exist and you need to shut the fuck up. :roll:

This is a preorder edition, one that was announced 5 months ago. Anyone who preordered it got the upgrade (not just at Amazon) and anyone that preorders it before release should get the upgrade. This isn't news, this isn't a deal, it's just clutter.

Oh my god, I hate people who throw that defense out there. It's like saying fuck you Vic, I am helping at least 1 person and for that reason my thread deserves to exist and you need to shut the fuck up. :roll:

This is a preorder edition, one that was announced 5 months ago. Anyone who preordered it got the upgrade (not just at Amazon) and anyone that preorders it before release should get the upgrade. This isn't news, this isn't a deal, it's just clutter.
Somebody's a little testy. Didn't get your coffee this morning?

Somebody's a little testy. Didn't get your coffee this morning?
I can't just hate that statement?

Not like this is a deal (MSRP =/= Deal).

Not like this CE will cost more on release at retailers.

Not like this is breaking news.

Last edited by a moderator:

I apologize not everyone is as well informed as you. Maybe one day I'll be able to stay up to date on everything in the world of gaming.

But not Cross-Buy. All that is saying is you can transfer your save between the two, but you'll be buying the game twice over. I rather just buy it on the Vita and be done with it.

Same, I have more kids then money. Which means I have to pick and choose. Good to know about the cross play. I was not aware of that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BY0G0YU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1YJR5J1S7J1CN906P5Y9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630072182&pf_rd_i=507846

Looks like it is just an art book that comes with it but hey, Amzon doesn't charge til it ships so why not pre order now if you plan on picking this up
Thanks for posting, was gonna buy this anyway, but I forgot it was even coming out since they announced it so long ago.

This is both news & a deal to me. Admittedly it's not a HUGE deal, but I was going to pick it up anyway, so it's nice to have a free upgrade even though I'm not the biggest fan of art books. And by ordering from Amazon I save on Sales Tax. I had forgotten this was even coming out since they announced it so long ago, so I'm personally glad he took the time to make a post because it reminded me.

Did it personally offend you in some manner that he posted this information? I mean it cost you more time to make your posts bitching about it than it did for you to read the OP, so what did you lose? I just don't get why folks get pissy over shit like this, people are just trying to help others save some $ and get some games... chill the shaq-fu out.

You do need to shut the fuck up though.

Thanks for posting, was gonna buy this anyway, but I forgot it was even coming out since they announced it so long ago.

This is both news & a deal to me. Admittedly it's not a HUGE deal, but I was going to pick it up anyway, so it's nice to have a free upgrade even though I'm not the biggest fan of art books. And by ordering from Amazon I save on Sales Tax. I had forgotten this was even coming out since they announced it so long ago, so I'm personally glad he took the time to make a post because it reminded me.

Did it personally offend you in some manner that he posted this information? I mean it cost you more time to make your posts bitching about it than it did for you to read the OP, so what did you lose? I just don't get why folks get pissy over shit like this, people are just trying to help others save some $ and get some games... chill the shaq-fu out.
Well, in his defense, he was just trying to let everyone know that all the first-run releases will be limited, so Amazon isn't offering a better deal than anyone else (and a lot of us now get charged sales tax on Amazon). I haven't followed the game, so I thought there was a cheaper standard edition being offered concurrently, but that's not the case. Sure, it will become a deal once all the first run copies run out, but until that happens, other retailers will be offering this "free upgrade". Wish they wouldn't get tricky and use limited edition when it's simply a pre-order bonus.

I agree with Vic. (That doesn't happen much, haha).

This thread should be locked and dead. MSRP, saving tax by ordering from amazon does not count - and illegal (technically), and this has already been discussed once before, when it actually was big news.

I agree with Vic. (That doesn't happen much, haha).

This thread should be locked and dead. MSRP, saving tax by ordering from amazon does not count - and illegal (technically), and this has already been discussed once before, when it actually was big news.
It is not illegal. Federal gov can't charge tax with interstate commerce. Its in the Constitution/Bill of rights. States can do what ever with regards to interstate b/c its their business but not the feds.

Honestly, I was trying to be nice and posted a simple comment at the start. This is not really a deal, since the limited edition is just a preorder bonus. So, if you're saying every time you get the chance to preorder a game for an art book, special DLC or any other item deserves a thread, then we have a forum filled with worthless topics. Sadly, a lot of topics have appeared mentioning preorder bonuses (not all met with hostility, though few are as uninformed as this one), which is why the preorder master thread was made. However, most people on CAG don't buy at MSRP, so the thread doesn't always get bumped. Especially when people just make threads like this forgetting about it entirely.

Long story short... this isn't an upgrade per se, since the first run version will sell for the same price as the vanilla game. So while you're being upgraded for free, it's not like this edition will jump to $50 MSRP and the standard version will remain $40, thus it isn't a deal. Even if you want to argue that getting a small digibook (Kingdom hearts was one, so it stands to reason this will be too) is a deal, OP still should have looked into this "deal" and reported it correctly. This is not something exclusive to Amazon, so there is no reason for the thread to be devoted to Amazon either. Also, it's not like Kingdom Hearts is impossible to find or Amazon sold out or copies on eBay are selling for a ton (30 - 50 it seems).

As far as me getting pissy... I gave helpful and relevant information to start. However, I don't like that attitude that helping 1 person automatically makes the thread valid. Sure it sucks if you're uninformed, but there is no reason to repost or constantly bring up something that was well known and discussed in the past.

bread's done
Back