Amazon Prime 4 month free trial

fwacce

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.html

This should be a direct link to get 4 months free of Amazon Prime. I know Amazon is starting to sell games now, so this should help people ordering games less than $25. You also get 2 day shipping instead of standard for free or $3.99 overnight. It's normally $79 a year for Prime. I posted in this forum since many people would be trying to order games, but mods feel free to move it necessary.

What does it look like when you click it?

I get the big gold/orange button that reads "Sign me up – $79" along with a description of Prime. I get that either way - signed in - or out.

Click on the sign-up button, log in, and then there are two options: free 3 month trial, or $79 annual membership.

I want to sign up for the free trial membership (3 months)
We will ask you for a credit card. After 3 months, your trial membership will be automatically upgraded to an annual membership for $79 using this credit card. (12 months in addition to the free 3 months.) You will have the opportunity to opt out of the automatic upgrade before the trial ends. Your credit card will not be charged until then.

or

I want to sign up for the $79 annual membership

Thanks OP, free trial for free shipping can't hurt. Hopefully Amazon will start having some killer game deals in the next three months.

My trial just ended a couple days ago. I liked it, but I don't order all that much stuff so I can't see spending $80 bucks a year for it.

It's worth trying for those who use Amazon, for sure.

The problem I had with my free trial of Amazon Prime is that it doesn't matter if you get 2 day free shipping if it takes them 5 days or so to process the damn order.

However, thank you OP. I'll prolly save this to use around the holidays, when it is the most likely I'd be buying stuff online. Unless there's an expiration date on this, which there might be, I'll check it out lata.

I kept my Prime membership after the trial expired because I love getting my stuff shipped fast. I have been able to order most of my textbooks through Amazon for a lot cheaper than the bookstore, so it has worked out really well for me, especially now that there are all these great game deals. I picked up Trauma Center one day, then Time Crisis the next, all with free 2-day shipping. I just wish I didn't have to pay tax. :(

[quote name='Strell']The problem I had with my free trial of Amazon Prime is that it doesn't matter if you get 2 day free shipping if it takes them 5 days or so to process the damn order. [/quote]

It depends on the status of the item if they're instock or not. I've ordered a couple of items with prime, and all got to me within 3 days, with one actually arriving next day. It's not the same as super saving shipping (or whatever it's called) that actually takes weeks sometime to ship.

IIRC, you can get a Family member (or someone in the same house hold) to sign up for a new amazon account, sign up for prime, then have them grant you account permission to use it. I havn't done this myself, so I'm not quite sure if it actually works.

Also, don't forget to turn off automatic renewal.

Yea, everything was in stock when I ordered it. It said it would ship within a few days.

A few weeks later and I'm just getting confirmation.

The point I'm trying to make is that the shipping almost doesn't matter, it's the processing period that counts. If they said it processed in less than 24 hours, Prime would be more worthwhile.

As it stands, it's a crapshoot on whether or not you'll get stuff in time.

When a member of Prime, my processing was immediate. I had no problems with the processing time - they always delivered as advertised on their "Want it by xx/xx/xxx?" dates.

No longer a member and now using Super Saving Shipping, my orders sit unfulfilled for days. They move to "Shipping Soon" very quick, but I think they do that just so you can't go in and cancel.

Nice. Let me look into this

The bad side is it could just make me buy more things I dont really need but just want to have. :lol:

bread's done
Back