Amazon Prime membership circles again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses144

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Last year, a bunch of us started making circles of Amazon Prime, since the situation was that any AP owner can invite four other people for free. That made it $16 per person to cover the $80 AP fee. My AP just ran out, and I'd love to start a pool. Before I change the title, I'm wondering if it's still possible.

[quote name='Moses144']Last year, a bunch of us started making circles of Amazon Prime, since the situation was that any AP owner can invite four other people for free. That made it $16 per person to cover the $80 AP fee. My AP just ran out, and I'd love to start a pool. Before I change the title, I'm wondering if it's still possible.[/QUOTE]

i think they banned that from here.

A user on this site by the name of munch has an open spot he was selling for the $16. Contact him and see if it's still open, if that's what your after.

I'd love to get in on that again. I'm not quite sure why the talk would be banned from here. I can understand that it was a loophole to get Prime for cheap, but let's face it, Amazon made more money from letting it slide than they would have had people not shared accounts. They wouldn't have seen nearly as many sign-ups for Prime if we all had to pay regular price.

[quote name='joshythegreat18']I'd love to get in on that again. I'm not quite sure why the talk would be banned from here. I can understand that it was a loophole to get Prime for cheap, but let's face it, Amazon made more money from letting it slide than they would have had people not shared accounts. They wouldn't have seen nearly as many sign-ups for Prime if we all had to pay regular price.[/QUOTE]

i think cheapy D said that he would no longer allow it on this site, that he shouldnt of allow it as much as the site allowed it.

I was thinking about jumping on it but they closed it before i had a chance ... I hope amazon brings back their Promos this year (where it was like get 100 buck gift cert and 1 year of prime for 120 few years back)

[quote name='slidecage']i think cheapy D said that he would no longer allow it on this site, that he shouldnt of allow it as much as the site allowed it.

I was thinking about jumping on it but they closed it before i had a chance ... I hope amazon brings back their Promos this year (where it was like get 100 buck gift cert and 1 year of prime for 120 few years back)[/quote]

Amazon's affilation is like Soviet Union's Iron Curtain...

I would think that Amazon seen this and probably said, stop it or no affilation links, and I'm sure Cheapy has a good amount coming in from Amazon to warrant the ban on discussion.

Honestly though I wouldn't be nearly buying at all if it wasn't for Prime... though I like the free shipping on 24 but it's not alway great to pair up things and some things don't even get free shipping.

I know for a fact I had bought well more than $300 just because I saved on shipping and tax (now).

[quote name='xycury']Amazon's affiliation is like Soviet Union's Iron Curtain...

I would think that Amazon seen this and probably said, stop it or no affiliation links, and I'm sure Cheapy has a good amount coming in from Amazon to warrant the ban on discussion.

Honestly though I wouldn't be nearly buying at all if it wasn't for Prime... though I like the free shipping on 24 but it's not alway great to pair up things and some things don't even get free shipping.

I know for a fact I had bought well more than $300 just because I saved on shipping and tax (now).[/quote]Here's the terms of Amazon Prime's membership:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=13819201

Having people under your membership that aren't members of your household is a violation of the Amazon Prime terms and conditions.

Violating their T&C for Amazon Prime from members of CAG isn't something CAG wants to be party to, being an Amazon.com affiliate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back