Amazon Prime now $59 for 1 year, until 12/30/08.

Yeah in the long run it will save you money because you dont buy something you dont need just to fill an order, i ordered a few things last night id been waiting on a good deal for but with the great shipping went ahead and ordered em....

I got to say this is a good deal. The last two years I have averaged little over 25 items and I think the free two day shipping instead of 7-10 shipping is well worth it. It seems to me Amazon's regular free shipping is standard 7 days now. But many times I have needed an item before I had some event or trip to go to on the weekend. I usually order 3 or 4 days before hand and no problem getting it here on time. Another thing I have noticed is that I have been getting items that I pre-order the day of its release. Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 CE and Prince of Persia all came the day of its release. That 2 day shipping is handy. For an entire year at $59 I think its well worth it.

[quote name='Aleman']Totally not worth it. Patience is a virtue, a few extra days waiting for stuff to arrive isn't going to kill you.[/quote]

Yes, patience is a virtue, but if this will keep my packages from being shipped with USPS, which has fucked up half a dozen of my orders this year, I'm all for it. $59 is a small price to pay to guarantee that I actually get my packages.

Me and my sister just share a prime membership, and it runs out on the 20th. 30 a piece for a year of their beastly 2nd day air is a no brainer.

im going to wait till the 28th to sign up so i have it up to next xmas *unless they put some great games on sale)

that 300 buck dino for 99 bucks is tempting ....

I agree that patience is a virtue, but there are items i pass on because the shipping is too high to buy individually. This actually saves me money and helps me buy what i want also!

anyone know if Amazon uses UPS or Fedex for the 2 day delivery? if so, does Amazon require a signature for delivery. i'm always at work when UPS/Fedex come by and it would suck if they can't just drop the package on my front door the way USPS does.

They either use USPS or UPS for FSSS, though anything that isn't FSSS is UPS.

If the entire order can be shipped by media mail, it will be, otherwise, it'll go UPS for FSSS. I ordered Trauma Center 2 + PS3 controller charging base, and it was shipped via UPS for FSSS. Orders with all games, all movies, or some combination of the above items, they all went USPS Media Mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wildnuts02']anyone know if Amazon uses UPS or Fedex for the 2 day delivery? if so, does Amazon require a signature for delivery. i'm always at work when UPS/Fedex come by and it would suck if they can't just drop the package on my front door the way USPS does.[/quote]

In the comments section of your order, you might be able to leave special instructions like "LEAVE AT FRONT DOOR, NO SIGNATURE" or something. I had Gears 2 sent to my friend as an early xmas present. They left it at the door of his apartment. Risky, but that's what he told me to do. He got it w/o any problems.

I signed up for the discounted Prime. More than half of my shopping in the year is on Amazon, so this made sense for me. Hurry though if you are waiting for this because it expires on Dec 30.

bread's done
Back