Amazon PS3 Deals including Eye of Judgment $42, Stranglehold $24 and others

I'm kind of curious about Eye of Judgment, but I've never played a trading card game before AND I don't like RPGs. Am I going to like this?

^ Add analog controls. Also, you can play Lair on the PSP, which is a damn cool technological feat if you ask me.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm kind of curious about Eye of Judgment, but I've never played a trading card game before AND I don't like RPGs. Am I going to like this?[/quote]

I've never played tcg before either but I really enjoy the game. Its really more of a strategy game, at least it scratches that turn-based strategy itch for me. The starter deck it comes with is pretty serviceable too, so I don't think its necessary to go crazy buying cards. The tech is pretty neat too, and its a good price just to get the camera if you want it.

[quote name='mxpowar']I can't believe Lair is still that expensive. Until the patch comes, I don't think it's worth even $20.[/quote]

And yet you're playing Enchanted Arms?

:lol:

[quote name='Sarre']I've never played tcg before either but I really enjoy the game. Its really more of a strategy game, at least it scratches that turn-based strategy itch for me. The starter deck it comes with is pretty serviceable too, so I don't think its necessary to go crazy buying cards. The tech is pretty neat too, and its a good price just to get the camera if you want it.[/quote]

That's kind of how I was rationalizing it...I get a cam AND a free game! :)

Thanks for your thoughts...I may snag this.

LAIR patch should be coming out soon I would think since they did say Q1 I believe. Motion controls aren't impossible though for those that want to get it now.

I want the camera but I won't do enough with it at the moment to buy for $33. I don't think any of those 4 games are bad, Stranglehold is actually a lot of fun but short, and the rest are all good if you're into the particular style of game. I hated Jericho but I could understand if some people didn't.

[quote name='jasu']And yet you're playing Enchanted Arms?

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Hey, Enchanted Arms is probably still the best RPG on the 360. I might change my mind by the time I finish Lost Odyssey, but doubtful. EA is an awesome, and pretty unique, RPG that I will never understand why it doesn't get more respect. Sure as hell better than anything starting with Final Fantasy pushlished in the last 7 years. Well, since X. I might have the year count wrong. And personally, I didn't like Stranglehold. I love John Woo, Chow Yun-Fat and Hard Boiled, yet this just didn't do it for me. The story is good, and does flow from the movie, but as a game, it's just not very good.

As of right now, the price on Stranglehold, Jericho, and Lair are all $2 less than what the OP has listed.

Eye of Judgment is EASILY worth that price. The game is a fantastic strategy game and I couldn't recommend it enough.

Lost Odyssey is leagues better than EA... while EA did offer me 25 hours of decent fun, the story was just so lacking it pained me.

LO IS the best RPG on the 360 now.

Picked up the eye of judgement earlier today from amazon for that great $46.99 price. Now i'm just hunting around for a decent price on a booster box of cards.

[quote name='shotcaller88']Stranglehold is 26.99 now. jeez, how much cheaper will this get?[/quote]

lol probably at least $6.99 cheaper, I couldn't stand that game! :twoguns:

[quote name='expane']Don't do it!!! Those are 3 horrible games right there, RESIST THE URGE TO OVER PAY FOR GARBAGE![/quote]

Yeah what he said. I got Jericho for $24.99 at Target and my friend got if for 12.49 or something ridiculous like that at his Target. I was looking to get Lair but I'd just be sitting there like :joystick: what the heck is going on here!

Damn, I would pick up Eye of Judgement if I had the money, but I spent too much this month already...

[quote name='Ivanhoe']If the CE was 26.99 i would buy it..[/quote]

Any reason? I heard the "blu ray" dvd of hardboiled wasn't good quality at all.

[quote name='jasu']And yet you're playing Enchanted Arms?

:lol:[/QUOTE]
I don't get what you're saying. Enchanted Arms is an average, yet enjoyable JRPG, and also the only turn-based JRPG available in the U.S. for the PS3. Lair, on the other hand, is very pretty but also very frustrating due to poor controls. Also, it sells for twice the price of Enchanted Arms.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Picked up the eye of judgement earlier today from amazon for that great $46.99 price. Now i'm just hunting around for a decent price on a booster box of cards.[/QUOTE]

www.scifigenre.com

I think mine was $101.xx shipped

[quote name='BooSe86']That's the best you'll find probably....

I'm only missing about 16 cards for the 1st set.... Doubt another Box will help me much... probably cheaper to try to to buy the cards...[/quote]

i think i'm gonna get the box of cards. Eventually hopefully complete the set, though i see series 2 is coming out quite soon.

Are there people still playing EoJ online? If I have a chance of finding someone to play online I may pick it up, but if not, I think I'll stick to Culdcept for my post MtG fix.

[quote name='Dezlen']Are there people still playing EoJ online? If I have a chance of finding someone to play online I may pick it up, but if not, I think I'll stick to Culdcept for my post MtG fix.[/quote]

I will be when my stuff comes in the mail ftom Amazon. Couldn't pass it up for $46.99 shipped. It's well worth it considering the price of an eye by itself, the starter and booster packs, and of course the game and board and such. I literally have thousands of MTG cards to get rid of one of these days. I'd played from revised, Fallens empires era, till just after scourge.

[quote name='BooSe86']
I'm only missing about 16 cards for the 1st set.... Doubt another Box will help me much... probably cheaper to try to to buy the cards...[/quote]

Are the cards in the Theme packs different than in the 36 pack booster box?

@ Dezlen - You can always find a match online and with series 2 coming at the end of March I'm sure that there will be even more people playing.

@ Decon - The theme decks are preconstructed decks of 30 cards that you can play with right out of the Box. Each theme deck has a Hero card which is hard to find elsewhere. The booster packs just have 8 cards each. 5 of which are commons with 3 being in the uncommon - ultra rare range.

** The game is very balanced... there are no real UBER cards that you will just get owned by. Each card has its strengths and weaknesses. Games are usually decided by strategy, not who spent the most on cards. (but there are some that you'll like more than others.)

Personally I'm a big fan of the water deck. The earth and Fire are also very good. I find wood and Biolith to be the hardest to use, but I think that's just because of my play-style.

well, i ended up buying 2 booster boxes of eye of judgement. the total was only $177.98 for the 2 boxes. Think i'm gonna open one and leave one sealed.

went ahead and grabbed one even though I don't even have the PS3 yet,

I am sure I will pick one up eventually, so might as well have a couple of games ready.

and that is a good price, thanks

bread's done
Back