Amazon PSP 2000 Core $154.99 FSS

Dell had a better deal with 25% and the DPS or whatever... I think down to 144 shipped. then tax so it could have been close to this.

I'm surprised it's still this high, thought they would want to get rid of these...

[quote name='xycury']
I'm surprised it's still this high, thought they would want to get rid of these...[/quote]

Well, the 2000 series seems to be more popular than the ill-received 3000 series.

Been this price for a couple of weeks now... gotta wonder if they are clearing stock...they are OOS on all the PSP2000 bundles, only the black core is left.

May have to snatch one up since PSP3000 is bunk

internet rumors are now running wild today that PSP4000 is confirmed to be here by XMAs w/ dual thumbsticks + sliding screen

Knowing Sony it will be $349 and have a battery life of 1.5 hours :(

[quote name='expane']internet rumors are now running wild today that PSP4000 is confirmed to be here by XMAs w/ dual thumbsticks + sliding screen[/QUOTE]

I should sell my psp-2000 then, especially since I never pay it.

it'd be nice to find maybe an old psp that's in good condition or new even... I want to pick one up but not for the price it's selling for.

[quote name='xycury']it'd be nice to find maybe an old psp that's in good condition or new even... I want to pick one up but not for the price it's selling for.[/quote]

same thoughts i've been having for the last week or so.

Yeah, I just got a PSP through a trade here on cag, and I'm freaking loving it. If anyone is interested in one, I can heartily recommend it.
It turns out all the titles I've been wanting to play are a lot of fun!

[quote name='xycury']it'd be nice to find maybe an old psp that's in good condition or new even... I want to pick one up but not for the price it's selling for.[/quote]

Ditto. I've been trying to get one for anywhere between $70-100, but places like GS sell them for $140 used, and the only reputable sellers I find on places like Half.com/Amazon/eBay have them for either too much or listed as broken.

With Crisis Core and Chains of Olympus falling to $20, I may have to bite soon. I can probably hold out until Fall, and hopefully there will either be some kind of price drop, or some nice deal around Christmas.

[quote name='SDC'] If anyone is interested in one, I can heartily recommend it.
It turns out all the titles I've been wanting to play are a lot of fun![/quote]

I was pleasantly surprised after I got mine just on a whim amazing little system. Been really enjoying Crisis Core, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, FF Tactics. A lot of great games on this system.

Stock up some of the titles at the Game Days sale. Most of the games for the system can be bought pretty damn cheap.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Question.. What is the issues with psp 3000.. I thought it was an upgrade from the 2000[/QUOTE]

The 3000 has a brighter screen and displays better outdoors. However, it idsplays scanlines for some games which is offputting to a lot of people.

[quote name='battleroyal33']Question.. What is the issues with psp 3000.. I thought it was an upgrade from the 2000[/quote]

I personally don't notice any problems about the 3000. The screen is greatly improved from the previous models. I think that most people's issue is that you can't mod it to play Roms.

Most who own the 3000 say that the screen issue is barely noticeable at all. Mountain out of a molehill probably.

Well it's easy to add custom firmware to the 2000 so that you can play emulators and homebrew. You should really factor that into its price.

[quote name='eastx']Well it's easy to add custom firmware to the 2000 so that you can play emulators and homebrew. You should really factor that into its price.[/quote]

Not all can though. A lot of the newer 2000 models use the same motherboard as the 3000 which is said to be unmoddable.

[quote name='J7.']Most who own the 3000 say that the screen issue is barely noticeable at all. Mountain out of a molehill probably.[/QUOTE]

People who spend money on products ALWAYS over rate their own purchases and downplay the problems. Just look at reviews on Amazon.com the overwhelming review is 4 stars or higher.. for every single product.

The issues w/ PSP 3000 screen are well documented online, visible scan lines. It is what it is. People who bought a PSP 3000 say "it's no big deal"... because they spent their hard earned money on the item.

The truth is, the screen shows scanlines because of the way the pixels are designed on the LCD itself, so it's not even something sony could ever change w/ firmware. It also affects the colors.

So it is something that is visible, and affects 100% of PSP3000s. Whether or not it bothers each user is up to them. But the flaw in the design is there, and it will never go away.

The perceived scanline issues with the PSP 3000 aren't unfounded, but I honestly and truly don't notice the phenomenon 99.9999% of the time. For me, the tradeoff of having a brighter, more vibrant screen (which you can revert to the original, non-vibrant mode in the screen options) outweighs the few times I see a scanline blotch. I haven't played the PSP-2000 in a while, but I've read that the light ghosting present on that screen isn't as apparent on the PSP-3000.

Still, either way, the 2k and 3k PSP systems are both great form factors, and the sales going on right now at EB/GS make it a nice buy. I recommend the steal of the month at the EB/GS Game Days sale which is a $4.99 new copy of the UMD movie "Stealth." The movie was wack, but it comes with a free copy of Wipeout Pure! Previous system pack-in Daxter is $4.99 used at GS/EB, and well worth picking up, too.

[quote name='expane']Been this price for a couple of weeks now... gotta wonder if they are clearing stock...they are OOS on all the PSP2000 bundles, only the black core is left.

May have to snatch one up since PSP3000 is bunk[/quote]
What's wrong with the 3000? From what I gather it's got a bigger screen, slightly better hardware and a ridiculous price.

[quote name='expane']People who spend money on products ALWAYS over rate their own purchases and downplay the problems. Just look at reviews on Amazon.com the overwhelming review is 4 stars or higher.. for every single product.

The issues w/ PSP 3000 screen are well documented online, visible scan lines. It is what it is. People who bought a PSP 3000 say "it's no big deal"... because they spent their hard earned money on the item.

The truth is, the screen shows scanlines because of the way the pixels are designed on the LCD itself, so it's not even something sony could ever change w/ firmware. It also affects the colors.

So it is something that is visible, and affects 100% of PSP3000s. Whether or not it bothers each user is up to them. But the flaw in the design is there, and it will never go away.[/quote]
Ya I'm well aware of everything you said. Most owners say they don't even notice it from what I've heard though, I would think they might say it is somewhat noticeable or say it doesn't bother them too much if it was actually anywhere near bad as it is made out to be by the internet.

[quote name='NeoGutsman'] I recommend the steal of the month at the EB/GS Game Days sale which is a $4.99 new copy of the UMD movie "Stealth." The movie was wack, but it comes with a free copy of Wipeout Pure! Previous system pack-in Daxter is $4.99 used at GS/EB, and well worth picking up, too.[/quote]
Only comes with 3 levels of the game I'm fairly sure.

[quote name='B.K.']I don't know if it's YMMV or not, but Best Buy has the Core 2000 model for $118.[/quote]
BB is always highly ymmv, but that would be the best deal by far.

Just keeping my 1000 until the next one comes. And then only if it's worthwhile too. I would like to buy a new outer plastic shell w/o scratches though. Bought mine off of Craigslist for 80 bucks when the 2000's came out. Super deal, but of course the screen has noticible scratches (but only when solid bright colors or white are on the screen)

The 1000 model - besides being heavier and worse on power consumption, lacks the TV out jack. That's not normally a big deal, but Resistance on PSP has the great function of allowing a user to play the game with a DualShock 3 on an HDTV via PS3 connectivity. You can't do that properly with a 1000. (But of course this doesn't affect very many games right now.)

[quote name='B.K.']I don't know if it's YMMV or not, but Best Buy has the Core 2000 model for $118.[/quote]

I believe so, my local BB had it for 135 on clearance. 118 is a great deal.

[quote name='eastx']The 1000 model - besides being heavier and worse on power consumption, lacks the TV out jack. That's not normally a big deal, but Resistance on PSP has the great function of allowing a user to play the game with a DualShock 3 on an HDTV via PS3 connectivity. You can't do that properly with a 1000. (But of course this doesn't affect very many games right now.)[/quote]
Does it look any better than most 3d PSP games look on TV?

Heres the "latest" on the next PSP

...so you cant play any games you have already bought on the new PSP? Assuming its no UMD...

If thats the case, Ill be getting this 2000 core...but of course...its still just a rumor. Hurry up June!

[quote name='J7.']Ya I'm well aware of everything you said. Most owners say they don't even notice it from what I've heard though, I would think they might say it is somewhat noticeable or say it doesn't bother them too much if it was actually anywhere near bad as it is made out to be by the internet.
[/QUOTE]

No, it has nothing to do with how "bad it is made out to be" It simply is what it is. There are scanlines, and they are visible. The "internet" isn't "making it out to be bad" there are simply pictures and videos showing the scan lines.

Of course owners are going to say "oh I don't notice" because they spent money on it. These are the same people who didnt notice early gen HDTV lag, or early PS3 firmware PS2 playback problems. They never notice any problems on stuff THEY paid money for.

[quote name='expane']No, it has nothing to do with how "bad it is made out to be" It simply is what it is. There are scanlines, and they are visible. The "internet" isn't "making it out to be bad" there are simply pictures and videos showing the scan lines.

Of course owners are going to say "oh I don't notice" because they spent money on it. These are the same people who didnt notice early gen HDTV lag, or early PS3 firmware PS2 playback problems. They never notice any problems on stuff THEY paid money for.[/quote]

Dude it's really not bad at all. The pictures are taking a still frame shot of the game I imagine if zoomed enough it would show scanlines or even a still frame shot nothing moving would also show scan lines.

The fact of the matter is if you're playing with the PSP right in your face then yeah you are going to see scan lines. Otherwise you only notice them for a second and then they're gone. It's really not that big of a deal if you don't like it fine but quit bashing something you don't own and haven't experienced first hand.

[quote name='expane']No, it has nothing to do with how "bad it is made out to be" It simply is what it is. There are scanlines, and they are visible. The "internet" isn't "making it out to be bad" there are simply pictures and videos showing the scan lines.

Of course owners are going to say "oh I don't notice" because they spent money on it. These are the same people who didnt notice early gen HDTV lag, or early PS3 firmware PS2 playback problems. They never notice any problems on stuff THEY paid money for.[/quote]

Isn't it completely possible those same people hadn't seen any other PSPs before, and had no idea it was an issue? If that's the case, they would assume that's how the PSP screens were supposed to look, and it doesn't have anything to do with them spending money on the product.

Now, if someone bought a 2000 then a 3000 model and said that they never noticed the lines, I'd call BS. But that doesn't sound like what was said in most reviews of the 3000 model.

Check your local Radio Shacks if you want a PSP 2000.
Some were going for $130 or less for the core units, and God of War should be down to $155 or less.

Trying to decide on keeping my DSi or swapping it for a PSP - my idea that a PSP might actually be better for me came like literally a day after my DSi shipped :(

It just seems like the multimedia aspects of a PSP better suit me, but I LOVEEEEEE the first-party Nintendo games of the DSi.

[quote name='Turk Turkleton']I bought a PSP 2000 with an 8GB memory stick and CFW for $125.

Good deal?
ig.jpg
[/quote]

From where did you bought it for $125 ?

[quote name='waxHead']Isn't it completely possible those same people hadn't seen any other PSPs before, and had no idea it was an issue? If that's the case, they would assume that's how the PSP screens were supposed to look, and it doesn't have anything to do with them spending money on the product.

Now, if someone bought a 2000 then a 3000 model and said that they never noticed the lines, I'd call BS. But that doesn't sound like what was said in most reviews of the 3000 model.[/QUOTE]

What I am saying is people's opinion on "how bad" it is... is irrelevant. Everyone will have a different opinion on the matter. The trick is people who say it's "not that bad" are trying to persuade opinion on the matter and often insist that "you don't notice"

What I am saying is the scanlines exist, and are noticeable to the naked eye. They exist because of a design choice (flaw) sony made w/ the PSP3000 screens.

If it doesn't bother someone, no big deal. But just because it doesnt bother someone does not mean it does not exist.

it's like Pickles on a hamburger. SOme people don't care one way or the other. But the pickles are still on the hamburger. If you don't like pickles and have the choice of a hamburger with or without, why settle for with? "Oh the internet is making a big deal about pickles, you can hardly notice them!"

Now imagine pickles are scanlines, and burgers are PSPs. Some people might hate them, others wont even notice if they are there are not. But they are indeed there.

I see dead pickles!

[quote name='limelight022']So which model has the tv out?

All i care about is playing psp games on the tv, possibly some emulators too.[/QUOTE]

both 2000 and 3000

[quote name='limelight022']So which model has the tv out?

All i care about is playing psp games on the tv, possibly some emulators too.[/quote]

TV out: Only on PSP 2000, 3000
Emulators: Not happening (well, not likely) on 3000, and most of the current 2000 allocations (those I believe with FW 4.05+).

So your only chance is to buy a used PSP 2000, since getting one of those early shipments (the daxter bundle being one of them) is incredibly difficult.

[quote name='expane']What I am saying is people's opinion on "how bad" it is... is irrelevant. Everyone will have a different opinion on the matter. The trick is people who say it's "not that bad" are trying to persuade opinion on the matter and often insist that "you don't notice"

What I am saying is the scanlines exist, and are noticeable to the naked eye. They exist because of a design choice (flaw) sony made w/ the PSP3000 screens.

If it doesn't bother someone, no big deal. But just because it doesnt bother someone does not mean it does not exist.

it's like Pickles on a hamburger. SOme people don't care one way or the other. But the pickles are still on the hamburger. If you don't like pickles and have the choice of a hamburger with or without, why settle for with? "Oh the internet is making a big deal about pickles, you can hardly notice them!"

Now imagine pickles are scanlines, and burgers are PSPs. Some people might hate them, others wont even notice if they are there are not. But they are indeed there.

I see dead pickles![/quote]

I'd reply, but at this point, it would seem like beating dead... pickles :lol:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']3000 will be hacked. Give it time.[/quote]

Meh, time is against the 3000. Sure, one day it will be hacked, but I would assume that by the time it does get hacked, the rumored PSP 4000 coming this fall will be out, and they will be trying to work on that.

I don't know, I'm just happy with my CFW PSP 2000 and 1000, so I have all the patience in the world.

[quote name='waxHead']I'd reply, but at this point, it would seem like beating dead... pickles :lol:[/QUOTE]

exactly, you either like pickles, hate pickles or don't care either way. But the pickles are there.

PSP4000 is still an unconfirmed rumor. It sounds good tho (dual analogs) but where are the games?

I still have a sealed copy of GoW-COO in my pile of shame :(

[quote name='expane']exactly, you either like pickles, hate pickles or don't care either way. But the pickles are there.

PSP4000 is still an unconfirmed rumor. It sounds good tho (dual analogs) but where are the games?

I still have a sealed copy of GoW-COO in my pile of shame :([/quote]

Oh man, that's nothing. I have a bad habit of purchasing games for systems I don't own, w/ the expectation that I'll buy the system eventually. So... for a PSP I don't yet own, I have 50+ games..!!

[quote name='waxHead']Oh man, that's nothing. I have a bad habit of purchasing games for systems I don't own, w/ the expectation that I'll buy the system eventually. So... for a PSP I don't yet own, I have 50+ games..!![/quote]Haha you're as bad a me.

bread's done
Back