Amazon: Purchase 3 Months XBL ($20), Get 800 MSP Free

poker360

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1307866880&sr=1-1

Since Amazon's price is not the cheapest, the bonus offer doesn't show up. You have to select to purchase it from Amazon in the list of sellers

Buy a 3-Month Gold Card, Get 800 Xbox LIVE Points Free
Purchase an Xbox 360 Live 3-Month Gold Card or downloadable code and receive 800 free Xbox LIVE points. The code for the points will be emailed to you once your order ships or you complete your download. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
Amazon has a deal where if you buy 3 months of xbox live gold, you get 800 free microsoft points.

Should work on the physical card as well as the digital code.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I already bought on a while back, I dont see where people are seeing it for $15 and the online code is available. The price it's showing me is 21.39 and only the standard card is available.

In for one, thanks OP... online code and points for this price is a good deal for me! Dont play that often, so 3 months is a good length of time before the wife gets upset!! :)

[quote name='prayformojo']Anybody have trouble redeeming the code via Live, can't get it to work from my laptop.[/QUOTE]
Mine worked perfectly.

[quote name='prayformojo']Anybody have trouble redeeming the code via Live, can't get it to work from my laptop.[/QUOTE]

No issues here, just waiting on my msp at this point. Nice to keep buffering my live account w/ this deal. Currently good through the end of 2012.

A little off-topic: I bought a recertified hard drive about about a year ago and it came with a 3 month card. I only just recently tried to redeem the code. I tried through both the Xbox and PC, and an error message came up telling me to try again later. Is this a common error? Is there a way I can email Xbox Support and fix the issue? Or do I have to deal with calling them and having some idiot tell me I spelled my Xbox tag wrong.

It seems prayformojo may be having the same problem. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.

Question: if I'm on a one-month Live trial right now, if I redeem the 3 month code, will it extend my subscription by three months, or will I have to cancel my trial at the end of the month, then redeem the 3 month code?

I'm also not having any luck with my 800 pt code working. Tried via console and laptop but got an error both times. My console has no secondhand parts, btw. What a pain!

[quote name='jacknicklson']It will extend it[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks.

Back to the thread -- I haven't received my 800 MSP code, and I called Amazon and they told me that it'll take up to 48 hours to get here.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']I'm also not having any luck with my 800 pt code working. Tried via console and laptop but got an error both times. My console has no secondhand parts, btw. What a pain![/QUOTE]

Actually I haven't received the 800 point code, I can't even get the 3 month extension to work, keep getting a screen on xbox.com that says I have found a glitch in their system. I'll give it some more time and try on my box when I get home.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Deal is now for $14.99 for the digital code with the 800 microsoft points still.[/QUOTE]

I jumped on this deal 2 days ago for 19.99 and got my points within an hour of ordering. I wish I would have waited but i'm still happy.

[quote name='drStaton']I jumped on this deal 2 days ago for 19.99 and got my points within an hour of ordering. I wish I would have waited but i'm still happy.[/QUOTE]

Did you redeem your 3-Month code right away?

Did the email with the code for the 800 MS Points come from Amazon or Microsoft?

[quote name='Curufinwe']Did you redeem your 3-Month code right away?

Did the email with the code for the 800 MS Points come from Amazon or Microsoft?[/QUOTE]

actually i still haven't redeemed the 3 month code, i did redeem the points though.
the email came from amazon.com under the subject "Your promotional code for Xbox LIVE points‏"

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I missed out on the $15 one but I'm not sure if I wanna go for it at $21. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

Look at it this way: $10 for 800 points, and $3.66 per month of LIVE, which is better than $5/mo for a $60 12-month card.

I just bought an online code for 20.98 and I'm good til October. Now I'm just waiting for the points that I will most likely use on the new Black Ops maps.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']Look at it this way: $10 for 800 points, and $3.66 per month of LIVE, which is better than $5/mo for a $60 12-month card.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but realistically, it's pretty easy to snag a 12(+1)-month card for $45.

i know a lot of people bring up the fact that you can get 12 month cards at a price that makes this less of a deal but for me personally its a lot easier to spend 15-20 bucks now then 45-50. plus i needed some points anyways so a deal like this is perfect for me.

[quote name='clickpow']I bought it on sale before I went to work, glad I did. Only wish I would have got 2 or more.[/QUOTE]

I think the points promotion is only good once per account; so if you would have purchased more than one 3 month sub you still would only get 800pts code.

That is if you have received it at all...still haven't gotten mine. lol I know, patience, patience.

[quote name='Curufinwe']I got mine at 6am EST. No wonder Amazon always wins best retailer on CAG.[/QUOTE]

So far I've never had a complaint with them. A+ in all categories

3 month live code worked via my console last night; I had issues with it via my computer earlier in the day and 800 point code hit this morning. thanks OP and Amazon.

bread's done
Back