Amazon rant

pigeon12

CAGiversary!
I need to vent somewhere. On November 26th, I ordered a 60 inch Mitsubishi for 600 bucks. I could have ordered it for about the same price at 4 other retailers... But, I figured Amazon was the most reliable. I called back when my estimated time date of December 3rd was missed. Today I receive a call that my order was lost in transit. Yeah, that large box was lost... hmmmm, fishy.

Anyways, I called management and asked what they could do. The guy said, A. Could replace if they get back in stock for that price (not likely anytime soon). B. Offer me 100 dollars off another 60 inch TV sold by Amazon. All of the other models that large are very pricey.

So, now my parents are out of a Christmas TV... for now. They have an old, crappy Mitsubishi 60 inch that was made in like 1997. I think I could get them a 50-55 and they would not really notice the difference.

The main point of this was to say, I am dissapointed in Amazon and the carrier they use called Pilot.

[quote name='nasum']Almost sounds like they oversold the item in question[/QUOTE]

I guess it could have been an inventory mistake. Still, it took more than a week for me to get a final confirmation on that after it "shipped" lol.

Yeah definitely complain. In all likelihood you won't be able to get that TV from them, but I agree, complain harder. Since you probably won't find any black friday-esque deals on which to use any sort of discount they would give you, the best idea would be to either ask for a similar deal on a similar TV or just ask for some straight up Amazon credit to do with as you please.

[quote name='pigeon12']I need to vent somewhere. On November 26th, I ordered a 60 inch Mitsubishi for 600 bucks. I could have ordered it for about the same price at 4 other retailers... But, I figured Amazon was the most reliable. I called back when my estimated time date of December 3rd was missed. Today I receive a call that my order was lost in transit. Yeah, that large box was lost... hmmmm, fishy.

Anyways, I called management and asked what they could do. The guy said, A. Could replace if they get back in stock for that price (not likely anytime soon). B. Offer me 100 dollars off another 60 inch TV sold by Amazon. All of the other models that large are very pricey.

So, now my parents are out of a Christmas TV... for now. They have an old, crappy Mitsubishi 60 inch that was made in like 1997. I think I could get them a 50-55 and they would not really notice the difference.

The main point of this was to say, I am dissapointed in Amazon and the carrier they use called Pilot.[/QUOTE]

WTH? Those are the only two options? What about a full and total refund? I would get your CC company involved if I were you.

Amazon has been using some odd carrier services of late, one guy drove up to my house in a pedo-van, could barley speak English and didn't even have a tracking/signature system.

Now he turned out to be real nice and friendly but it was a far cry from UPS or Fedex.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Amazon has been using some odd carrier services of late, one guy drove up to my house in a pedo-van, could barley speak English and didn't even have a tracking/signature system.

Now he turned out to be real nice and friendly but it was a far cry from UPS or Fedex.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah i think they usually do that around christmas time

[quote name='zionoverfire']Amazon has been using some odd carrier services of late, one guy drove up to my house in a pedo-van, could barley speak English and didn't even have a tracking/signature system.

Now he turned out to be real nice and friendly but it was a far cry from UPS or Fedex.[/QUOTE]

It's up to the warehouse that ships the items. There are some delivery companies which only deliver in local regions and are significantly cheaper than the big guys. I wouldn't bet against a greedy employee stealing stuff as these smaller companies don't track their packages as well as the major companies.

I also wouldn't back down without a few more calls... you might not get a 60 in but maybe they'd cut you a deal on another TV.

[quote name='spikyhunter3']lol yeah i think they usually do that around christmas time[/QUOTE]
Well, I've gotten Amazon packages from non-UPS/FedEX/etc. couriers at other times of year (it seems to happen most often with "release day delivery" orders).

None of them have been pedo-van delivery guys, though o_O

1459.jpg

Did the van look like that by any chance? :p

[quote name='dabamus']Did the van look like that by any chance? :p[/QUOTE]

I saw you that van near the elementary school today. O_O

I swear I saw IATCG driving it too.

I have to say that my recent experiences with Amazon are disappointing as well. Keep in mind that I have Amazon Prime via my Amazon Student account.

I have had to contact them twice about things mysteriously being 4-5 days late. First it was a Nintendo DSi (a gift to myself) being 4 days late. I contacted them via Live Chat on Thanksgiving, and was told to wait until Sunday. I contacted them on Sunday night and got a refund, and magically UPS delivered it Monday. Contacted them telling them I got it. All I got out of it was a $5 credit for them screwing up (not that I am complaining about free Amazon credit).

Then I bought Sands of Destruction for $10 during one of their Lightning Deals. They shipped it USPS Priority Mail on November 29, with a delivery date of December 1. On Saturday night, December 4, I contacted them about my seemingly lost package, and got told to wait until 6PM Sunday (knowing of course, that no fricking courier delivers here on Sunday, as I told the guy 4 times, along with the fact that I have Prime and specifically asked for 2-Day shipping). I ended up forgetting to contact them last night, but alas: today it was delivered. Only 5 days late!

I'm debating contacting them about it. I don't want to take advantage of Amazon, but if I get packages 5+ days late there is something wrong. The worst part is that it isn't any specific courier, or I could at least ask for them to stop using them (although I find it odd they use Priority Mail in the first place... anything that ships out of Arizona to me gets sent Priority Mail... it doesn't guarantee 2-Day delivery so why use it?).

I hate to say it, but I'm still yet to find this amazing Amazon CS that everyone raves about. I keep getting the run-around and told that sometimes packages are late (I can stand 1 day, maybe 2. But 5? No.) and to wait 2-4 more days before contacting them. I've never done Amazon wrong, but this is 3 times since August that I've had issues with items showing up late (4-5 days each time). What really bugs me- and it probably shouldn't- is that none of the Live Chat reps really seem sincere about something being nearly a week late. They just say 'I'm sorry, but sometimes things are late" and then tell me to wait to request a refund or replacement.

Note: I only use Live Chat. Email CSRs are worse, and my phone only gets 300 minutes a month.

Update: I just checked and Amazon shipped my copy of Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS) via Priority Mail. It shipped out of the Phoenix, AZ Warehouse. I've only had two orders go through there (Sands of Destruction DS and Dokapon Kingdom Wii) and one of them was late and one was fine. I'm skeptical, but worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure bitch about getting free shipping from Amazon when you got prime for free, If anybody has any room to complain is the people that paid for it. Just be happy your getting your stuff shipped free for a year.

Anyways, the live chat usually has always sucked. If anything the best advice I can give if you want to talk to somebody based in the U.S. is call during the day PST. If a foreign CSR answers just hang up and call again.

It doesn't matter if I paid for it or not. If I have Prime for free or for $79 a year does not change the fact that when you order and select 2-Day Shipping, you should get what you ordered. This isn't rocket science- if any other store screws up an order (shipping times, not getting items, etc) I get pissed too. Plus, Amazon giving out Prime trials is their way of trying to get you to pony up the money for the service after your trial. They sure aren't winning my praise when 2/3 of my packages from them in the last 2 weeks have shown up late.

If Amazon wants to get my $79 a year for Prime, they should make sure they use carriers capable of getting stuff here on the day of delivery that I specifically ordered.

I love how you didn't read what I wrote at all. I specifically stated that I couldn't call them simply because I have a very low supply of airtime each month. Calling multiple times just in hopes of finding an American CSR isn't feasible. Period. But great job not reading.

Are you sure you aren't an Amazon Live Chat CSR? You're also not understanding that the problem is that I shouldn't be told to wait 4-5 days after their missed delivery date when I have Prime, that offers 2-Day shipping. Amazon shouldn't have a huge button that says "Get it on XXXXX day" if I'm not going to get it on that day.

I'm going to contribute to this rant, except the blame falls more on USPS.
I still haven't received my Black Friday orders or my order from the day before that. No notices left despite 'tracking' saying so for all three packages. Three packages and USPS can't locate any of them. They say it might be on the truck but it should be at the post office but they can't find it. No delivery attempts have been made despite it saying so on the 'tracking', doorbell works and there were people home during the time the 'delivery' attempts were made.
I just got off the phone with them and looks like they still can't find those packages.
I won't be surprised if they send back the packages to Amazon when and if they actually find it just to mess with me some more.

[quote name='Altanis']I have to say that my recent experiences with Amazon are disappointing as well. Keep in mind that I have Amazon Prime via my Amazon Student account.

I have had to contact them twice about things mysteriously being 4-5 days late. First it was a Nintendo DSi (a gift to myself) being 4 days late. I contacted them via Live Chat on Thanksgiving, and was told to wait until Sunday. I contacted them on Sunday night and got a refund, and magically UPS delivered it Monday. Contacted them telling them I got it. All I got out of it was a $5 credit for them screwing up (not that I am complaining about free Amazon credit).

Then I bought Sands of Destruction for $10 during one of their Lightning Deals. They shipped it USPS Priority Mail on November 29, with a delivery date of December 1. On Saturday night, December 4, I contacted them about my seemingly lost package, and got told to wait until 6PM Sunday (knowing of course, that no fricking courier delivers here on Sunday, as I told the guy 4 times, along with the fact that I have Prime and specifically asked for 2-Day shipping). I ended up forgetting to contact them last night, but alas: today it was delivered. Only 5 days late!

I'm debating contacting them about it. I don't want to take advantage of Amazon, but if I get packages 5+ days late there is something wrong. The worst part is that it isn't any specific courier, or I could at least ask for them to stop using them (although I find it odd they use Priority Mail in the first place... anything that ships out of Arizona to me gets sent Priority Mail... it doesn't guarantee 2-Day delivery so why use it?).

I hate to say it, but I'm still yet to find this amazing Amazon CS that everyone raves about. I keep getting the run-around and told that sometimes packages are late (I can stand 1 day, maybe 2. But 5? No.) and to wait 2-4 more days before contacting them. I've never done Amazon wrong, but this is 3 times since August that I've had issues with items showing up late (4-5 days each time). What really bugs me- and it probably shouldn't- is that none of the Live Chat reps really seem sincere about something being nearly a week late. They just say 'I'm sorry, but sometimes things are late" and then tell me to wait to request a refund or replacement.

Note: I only use Live Chat. Email CSRs are worse, and my phone only gets 300 minutes a month.

Update: I just checked and Amazon shipped my copy of Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS) via Priority Mail. It shipped out of the Phoenix, AZ Warehouse. I've only had two orders go through there (Sands of Destruction DS and Dokapon Kingdom Wii) and one of them was late and one was fine. I'm skeptical, but worried.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the problem is the USPS shipping... normally it can be fairly efficient and USPS may even give Amazon a timeframe of 2-days, but I've actually used USPS's overnight service before and it arrived a week late. Was not very happy with that one. More recently, my Best Buy order from Thanksgiving day appears to have used USPS and I still haven't received it (supposedly in the area now). Not sure what you can do about it other than complain to Amazon when it happens and hope they stop using USPS, or don't buy the Prime service any more.

I've been very happy with Amazon prime for the last several years and have always had top-notch service with them. For instance, I once had something shipped to another location and it got lost... Amazon shipped another one overnight for free and I got it the next day. (The original came eventually and I'm supposed to send it back, though I keep forgetting to and it's sitting around in my house unopened... though they don't seem to care that much).

@Atlantis: Did you have tracking for that UPS package? How was it a surprise that it showed up on Monday?

I've had a very pleasant time with Amazon. For instance, recently I ordered two items and they were dropped off around noon when nobody was home a week ago by two different carriers (tracking told me this). I ended up getting home at 9pm due to car trouble and the packages were not there. It was pretty obvious that they were stolen considering it was from two different carriers and it was unlikely they both marked it as delivered and both fucked up. Contacted Amazon and within two days they had replacement orders shipped to me with 1 day shipping. Bear in mind the total cost of these packages was only $100, but still.

Their policy seemed to be that if it seemed your packages were missing, contact them, wait a day, then if it still hasn't arrived they will ship a replacement. If the original does get to you then you can ship it back and they will pay for that shipping.

I agree that the delivery services screwing up really isn't fair to blame Amazon for considering it could easily happen to any other retailer.

[quote name='leshrac55']Sounds like the problem is the USPS shipping... normally it can be fairly efficient and USPS may even give Amazon a timeframe of 2-days, but I've actually used USPS's overnight service before and it arrived a week late. Was not very happy with that one. More recently, my Best Buy order from Thanksgiving day appears to have used USPS and I still haven't received it (supposedly in the area now). Not sure what you can do about it other than complain to Amazon when it happens and hope they stop using USPS, or don't buy the Prime service any more.
[/QUOTE]

It's not just USPS. As I said, UPS was 5 days late delivering the DSi I bought the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It just simply disappeared from tracking for 4 days (it arrived in Jacksonville, but wasn't scanned out), only about 3 hours from my house (and it was shipped 2nd Day Air, so...). I figured it would be delivered that Monday anyway, but that wasn't my point. I shouldn't be told that I can get something on a specific day if they are going to use a carrier that can't come through (or, won't come through).

I also don't like being told to wait three more days, when I tell the person that I know UPS's delivery schedule and that they wouldn't deliver it to my house on that Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I'm not stupid- I'm 45 minutes from the closest UPS shipment center, and have asked multiple times when, if ever, they will began Saturday deliveries to my area- still nothing. It would just be easier on all of us if they just said "okay, well, the courier screwed up" instead of giving me the run around with "well, sometimes packages are late." I get that. A day late I'm fine with. Two days late I can handle. FIVE days late is bullshit.

[quote name='bk187']@Atlantis: Did you have tracking for that UPS package? How was it a surprise that it showed up on Monday?

I've had a very pleasant time with Amazon. For instance, recently I ordered two items and they were dropped off around noon when nobody was home a week ago by two different carriers (tracking told me this). I ended up getting home at 9pm due to car trouble and the packages were not there. It was pretty obvious that they were stolen considering it was from two different carriers and it was unlikely they both marked it as delivered and both fucked up. Contacted Amazon and within two days they had replacement orders shipped to me with 1 day shipping. Bear in mind the total cost of these packages was only $100, but still.

Their policy seemed to be that if it seemed your packages were missing, contact them, wait a day, then if it still hasn't arrived they will ship a replacement. If the original does get to you then you can ship it back and they will pay for that shipping.

I agree that the delivery services screwing up really isn't fair to blame Amazon for considering it could easily happen to any other retailer.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't a surprise that it showed up on Monday. It was actually 100% what I expected, when it wasn't delivered the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

I'm not blaming Amazon for UPS or USPS fucking up. I'm blaming them for refusing to do anything now on three packages that have shown up late since August (including one that shipped from Jacksonville to Charleston, seemingly lost- I live near Tampa. I got jack squat from them except being told to wait 4 more days then). The USPS tracking system also is just bad, as Sands of Destruction was scanned out of Phoenix, AZ November 29, but wasn't scanned again until Monday, December 6 at 215AM in Tampa. To me, that's a lost package, when the game I bought FOUR DAYS LATER shipped out of the same warehouse and arrived on time- even before I even contacted Amazon about it!

I'm more just annoyed at their CSRs than anything. Live Chat proves pointless, as they all have said the same thing: wait 3-4 more days, if you still don't have it, we will send either a replacement or refund you. At the very least they should be offering me a $5 credit (about the cost that 2-Day shipping would cost if I wasn't a Prime member). I'm not really asking much, as Amazon's CSRs apparently throw around promo credit.

Given that I'm a trial Prime member (through July 2011), I don't think I should be given all that much, but Amazon also needs to realize that I'm not going to be likely to buy a $79 Prime subscription if I get 2 packages within a week of each other lost.

This time of the year especially, packages are going to show up later no matter where you order from. Amazon especially had a HUGE surge of orders come in these past few weeks and I am sure the workers have been running around like mad people. Delivery trucks are probably being loaded to the max and drivers are going to experience a higher delivery load.

To top everything off, the weather has been getting extremely nasty in some areas with the huge snow fall coming down. Here alone, we got over a foot of snow the past 2 days, which slows traffic down a lot. My morning/afternoon commute usually takes 30min, but with the snow yesterday it took me nearly 2 hours. The trucks have to wait through all of this traffic too.

I always find it amusing too when I see complaints from people who order something with 1-day shipping two days before Christmas and then don't get their items in time for Christmas. They will of course blame the site which they purchased from, when really it was their own dumb fault to expect a package to arrive on time during one of busiest times of the year. I have had packages take longer than expected on many occasions from many sites and I just wait for them. Getting a package a few days after expected (especially when it is just a game) isn't going to make my life any worse.

Whether it be shipping packages, deadlines in the work world, whatever...things always come up and sometimes target dates can't be met. Once you learn to accept this and realize this is just how the world works, you'll be a much happier person. :D

[quote name='Altanis']It doesn't matter if I paid for it or not. If I have Prime for free or for $79 a year does not change the fact that when you order and select 2-Day Shipping, you should get what you ordered. This isn't rocket science- if any other store screws up an order (shipping times, not getting items, etc) I get pissed too. Plus, Amazon giving out Prime trials is their way of trying to get you to pony up the money for the service after your trial. They sure aren't winning my praise when 2/3 of my packages from them in the last 2 weeks have shown up late.

If Amazon wants to get my $79 a year for Prime, they should make sure they use carriers capable of getting stuff here on the day of delivery that I specifically ordered.

I love how you didn't read what I wrote at all. I specifically stated that I couldn't call them simply because I have a very low supply of airtime each month. Calling multiple times just in hopes of finding an American CSR isn't feasible. Period. But great job not reading.

Are you sure you aren't an Amazon Live Chat CSR? You're also not understanding that the problem is that I shouldn't be told to wait 4-5 days after their missed delivery date when I have Prime, that offers 2-Day shipping. Amazon shouldn't have a huge button that says "Get it on XXXXX day" if I'm not going to get it on that day.[/QUOTE]

It might just be that area of FL. I live in northern CA and have had no real shipping problems, though of course as noted by the above poster the holiday rush has shipping carriers all jammed up.

no problems here in WI. This year I've ordered half a dozen games, a 37" HDTV, books, toys, etc. Never a problem on my end. Remember, its the holiday season... most employers (Amazon and USPS) higher temps with little to no training and the USPS can get really backed up. Patience is a virtue I guess... glad you got a refund though Pigeon!

I get it's busy. Still, Amazon should not tell me to wait 3-4 MORE days to see if something is late without trying to make me happy, or at least asking if there is a solution to the problem.

I get that things come late. However, two late packages within 8 days is not acceptable, especially when other packages from Amazon (both shipped UPS and USPS, the two culprits) have arrived just fine.

I'm not sure how much easier I can explain it: I get that things come late. My point is that if I purchase something and my email says it will be delivered December 1, it should be delivered December 1. Not December 6.

[quote name='skiizim']I saw you that van near the elementary school today. O_O

I swear I saw IATCG driving it too.[/QUOTE]
Hey now. If anything I'd be cruising by the high school.;) Mmmmmm Miranda Cosgrove.:drool:
[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']This time of the year especially, packages are going to show up later no matter where you order from. Amazon especially had a HUGE surge of orders come in these past few weeks and I am sure the workers have been running around like mad people. Delivery trucks are probably being loaded to the max and drivers are going to experience a higher delivery load.

To top everything off, the weather has been getting extremely nasty in some areas with the huge snow fall coming down. Here alone, we got over a foot of snow the past 2 days, which slows traffic down a lot. My morning/afternoon commute usually takes 30min, but with the snow yesterday it took me nearly 2 hours. The trucks have to wait through all of this traffic too.

I always find it amusing too when I see complaints from people who order something with 1-day shipping two days before Christmas and then don't get their items in time for Christmas. They will of course blame the site which they purchased from, when really it was their own dumb fault to expect a package to arrive on time during one of busiest times of the year. I have had packages take longer than expected on many occasions from many sites and I just wait for them. Getting a package a few days after expected (especially when it is just a game) isn't going to make my life any worse.

Whether it be shipping packages, deadlines in the work world, whatever...things always come up and sometimes target dates can't be met. Once you learn to accept this and realize this is just how the world works, you'll be a much happier person. :D[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause:
[quote name='Altanis']I get it's busy. Still, Amazon should not tell me to wait 3-4 MORE days to see if something is late without trying to make me happy, or at least asking if there is a solution to the problem.

I get that things come late. However, two late packages within 8 days is not acceptable, especially when other packages from Amazon (both shipped UPS and USPS, the two culprits) have arrived just fine.

I'm not sure how much easier I can explain it: I get that things come late. My point is that if I purchase something and my email says it will be delivered December 1, it should be delivered December 1. Not December 6.[/QUOTE]
:roll::roll::roll: As has already been said packages arrive late on occasion, either get used to it or go back to shopping only offline in a real store where you can hold the object in your hands and get that instantaneous gratification that you seek.

Otherwise you have to realize that packages at times may be subject to delays in delivery due to a variety of reasons, including weather, lack of time in the normal delivery day to deliver said package and many others.

It's NOT all about you and getting you your packages yesterday. How would you like to watch a package that's supposed to be delivered to a location one or two states from you travel down and then back up most of the East Coast and take 2-3 WEEKS to arrive? I've had that happen before.

How would you like to have a package be sorted, re-sorted, re-re-sorted and so on for TWO WEEKS at a post office in Boston? I've had that happen too.

Did you ever think that maybe because your Prime membership is a free trial that Amazon delayed it intentionally? I wouldn't doubt it because from the sound of it you use the two day shipping A LOT for a free trial member, so chances are they're getting sick of losing money shipping stuff the faster rate to someone who probably isn't going to actually become a member.

Jesus H. Christ people. I GET THAT THINGS COME LATE. What fucking part of that are you not getting? My point is that if things arrive FIVE DAYS LATE- not 1 or 2- and have not been scanned in 4-5 DAYS, then Amazon's response should be more than just "wait 3-4 more days."

I swear it's like no one on here can read lately. Really, it's not that difficult.

And if you really think Amazon will delay packages just because they have a feeling I won't buy Prime, you need to take the tin foil off. Yeah, I'm sure they're worried about the money they're losing by shipping me things. Riiiiiight. Like they're even paying that much in comparison to what it would cost me to ship via 2nd Day Air.

Edit- Just checked the three items I have that are supposed to be delivered tomorrow (2 from Amazon). The USPS package is still TBA on whether it'll be here, but the UPS package from Amazon should be fine. As for the other item, it was delivered a day early by FedEx. Interesting.

[quote name='Blazncheetah']I'm going to contribute to this rant, except the blame falls more on USPS.
I still haven't received my Black Friday orders or my order from the day before that. No notices left despite 'tracking' saying so for all three packages. Three packages and USPS can't locate any of them. They say it might be on the truck but it should be at the post office but they can't find it. No delivery attempts have been made despite it saying so on the 'tracking', doorbell works and there were people home during the time the 'delivery' attempts were made.
I just got off the phone with them and looks like they still can't find those packages.
I won't be surprised if they send back the packages to Amazon when and if they actually find it just to mess with me some more.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten their BF stuff from Amazon yet thanks to the awful USPS shipping. Mine has said the same tracking status message for a week now. I also know of someone else in the same situation.

I also preordered Inception with free two-day shipping with my Prime before it expired back in October. It shipped out Saturday through USPS, yet still didn't make it yesterday. Of course, they told me to wait until tomorrow.

I've already wrote Amazon an email saying I didn't think USPS was equipped to handle the amount of shipments Amazon was going to be sending out during the holiday season. Maybe USPS was cheaper for Amazon, but it's looking like it was a bad choice. I told them if this practice of shipments arriving late continues, I might have to take my business elsewhere. I mean, if things are already this bad 3 weeks before Christmas, how bad will they be from now on? Just awful awful awful work by the USPS.

I think the important question here is, Did he have candy?

[quote name='Altanis']Jesus H. Christ people. I GET THAT THINGS COME LATE. What fucking part of that are you not getting? My point is that if things arrive FIVE DAYS LATE- not 1 or 2- and have not been scanned in 4-5 DAYS, then Amazon's response should be more than just "wait 3-4 more days."

I swear it's like no one on here can read lately. Really, it's not that difficult.

And if you really think Amazon will delay packages just because they have a feeling I won't buy Prime, you need to take the tin foil off. Yeah, I'm sure they're worried about the money they're losing by shipping me things. Riiiiiight. Like they're even paying that much in comparison to what it would cost me to ship via 2nd Day Air.

Edit- Just checked the three items I have that are supposed to be delivered tomorrow (2 from Amazon). The USPS package is still TBA on whether it'll be here, but the UPS package from Amazon should be fine. As for the other item, it was delivered a day early by FedEx. Interesting.[/QUOTE]
If they're sending items first class(or Media Mail) via USPS then that explains the lack of tracking info. Although I've sent stuff Priority recently and had no updates until the day it's being delivered at it's location. It just depends on what the UPS/USPS workers wanna do as far as scanning goes as to whether or not you're going to get detailed tracking info.

Sometimes you just have to bide your time and pray the item arrives before Doomsday. Like I said in a prior post their routes aren't exactly the most straightforward and efficient. Plus as others have said there is likely an early influx of mail and packages to USPS/UPS and due to that increased volume there are likely to be delays. You're NOT the ONLY customer they're trying to deliver shit to, you know.:roll:
[quote name='kidkash03']I also preordered Inception with free two-day shipping with my Prime before it expired back in October. It shipped out Saturday through USPS, yet still didn't make it yesterday. Of course, they told me to wait until tomorrow.

I've already wrote Amazon an email saying I didn't think USPS was equipped to handle the amount of shipments Amazon was going to be sending out during the holiday season. Maybe USPS was cheaper for Amazon, but it's looking like it was a bad choice. I told them if this practice of shipments arriving late continues, I might have to take my business elsewhere. I mean, if things are already this bad 3 weeks before Christmas, how bad will they be from now on? Just awful awful awful work by the USPS.[/QUOTE]
They shipped on a Saturday, which means it likely sat in a drop box or wherever they put outgoing packages, since no packages really make any movement on a Saturday/Sunday from my personal experience.

So at the earliest you should have received it YESTERDAY, which is two days(since as I said above stuff from USPS or UPS rarely moves anywhere on a Saturday/Sunday) since it 'shipped'.

But what the hell is an extra day anyway? Nothing is that important that you need it right NOW.:roll: Well....maybe an organ for transplant and God forbid if we ever relied on USPS to deliver those in a timely fashion.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with a lot of people here.

During Christmas season the shipping has been sketch at best. They are using random couriers and USPS more then FedEx/UPS

The couriers have been ok, still kind of strange pulling up in a Honda and dropping stuff off. But USPS is awful. 2 day shipping never gets to me in time. I ordered a Blu that was backordered. It shipped out last Monday via USPS and got it yesterday. While a item that was shipped on Sunday I got before that USPS delivery (the USPS didn't get dropped off until like 7 PM)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If they're sending items first class(or Media Mail) via USPS then that explains the lack of tracking info.[/quote]
Where did I say Amazon sent anything out without a tracking number? I love the assumptions people make here. Sometimes it's like people don't read or anything, and just make up their own story. I've never once said anything other than Amazon sent me two items, within 8 days of each other, that ended up each arriving 5 days late. One was send via UPS (2nd Day Air) and the other USPS Priority Mail.

Although I've sent stuff Priority recently and had no updates until the day it's being delivered at it's location. It just depends on what the UPS/USPS workers wanna do as far as scanning goes as to whether or not you're going to get detailed tracking info.
Tracking info for UPS and FedEx for me has never once been a problem. If something doesn't get scanned for 5 days and it's being delivered via UPS Ground that's one thing. If it's being shipped UPS 2nd Day Air and isn't scanned for 5 days, that's something completely different, which is what my problem originally was with something being late. It arrived in Jacksonville, FL Tuesday morning (remember, it's supposed to be delivered Wednesday), yet wasn't scanned again until it left Sunday night for delivery Monday morning. To me, that's a lost package.

And don't give me the crap of something not being moved on Saturday, as that's completely BS. Packages even move on Sunday. Hell, all three couriers to offer a service to deliver on Sunday, provided you pay an arm and a leg for it.

Sometimes you just have to bide your time and pray the item arrives before Doomsday.
Ah, so that Two-Day Delivery that Amazon puts as one of the main reasons for getting Prime is just a bait and switch, then? I'm not sure why I should have to pray that something goes right- if I pay Amazon for something and the service includes 2-Day shipping, and the item is late by FIVE DAYS, then Amazon has screwed up (in their choice of courier) and should make it right. In this instance, both Amazon's choice of delivery service and the delivery service are at fault- only problem is that, as the recipient and not the shipper, I can't do anything about it except contact (guess who!) Amazon.
If I get told that I should wait 3-4 more days for something, then that is a serious problem when it was shipped Second Day Air. Amazon's CSRs should be willing to do more than that. Hell, they once gave me a $5 promo credit for nothing more than my packaging feedback saying that it did nothing to protect my stuff, and nothing went wrong there!

Like I said in a prior post their routes aren't exactly the most straightforward and efficient. Plus as others have said there is likely an early influx of mail and packages to USPS/UPS and due to that increased volume there are likely to be delays. You're NOT the ONLY customer they're trying to deliver shit to, you know.:roll:
There's this magical thing called a disclaimer. Amazon should not advertise on item pages with a huge button that says "Two-Day 1 click" and the line "get it on xxx day" if they aren't going to actually get it to you on that date. I don't care if they ship it UPS, FedEx, USPS, horse-and-buggy, spaceship, dirigible, or by foot. If I hit the huge button that says "Get it Wednesday" then I should (*gasp*) get it Wednesday.

And surprise, surprise, I'm not the only one they deliver to. Who would have ever guessed?

My problem really lies with the USPS and UPS, but guess who they say I need to contact? That's right--- Amazon! So all those people that say the blame is with UPS/USPS: you're right... but they also state to contact Amazon, as it's their fault for using the company in the first place!

:roll:This time of year there's a glut of mail and packages in the stream. Shit gets lost, shit gets delayed. Like I said already, I guess they're supposed to drop everything and make sure Joe Shmoe #5934349067390 that ordered with 'omg 2 day shipping' gets it EXACTLY at two days and not a millisecond more, right? Honestly, they just want your money and once they have it you just have to wait for your shit like everyone else.

But I bet you're one of the folks who overvalues their time and if they're not waited on in Best Buy within a quarter of a millisecond that you're demanding 'omg compensation' because you just wasted 3 breaths before they asked you if you needed help, right?

As for the tracking thing, I meant that the tracking number doesn't always get scanned, not that they didn't give you one in the first place. But some places(GoHastings, in particular), give you NO tracking number but there IS one on the package they send you.

Bunch of tired ass people up in here complaining about some stupid packages. Either they're jobless, or they have enough time from work to complain about stupid things. Which I wouldn't call work.

No fancy schmancy upgraded shipping for me, but within the past two weeks I've had to call in for a package that missed delivery day when the tracking info never changed from 'in transit' on Amazon and 'billing info received' on UPS.

Amazon says those are delivery estimates. Uh huh. Forget that I brought up it didn't seem like it was ever handed to the carrier. "Just wait a week to request a refund or replacement if it doesn't show". But miraculously that same morning a package gets accepted by UPS shortly after. The smaller sticker label on the box was even dated the same day I contacted them.

Just say it was a warehouse problem instead of pretending it's en route. It was better when they admitted mistakes happen.

Also despise FedEx Smartpost not moving boxes, and then USPS not moving said boxes when they finally get it. This was supposed to be standard 3-5 day and not FSSS.

I'm still waiting for two other things that are a day past due. There's something stinky about my Amazon orders recently stating things have shipped when they really haven't. Yet.

Got off the phone with USPS now, employees there now remember my name since I've been calling or visiting everyday for the past two week for my packages.
They're not even bothering to check for my packages anymore, they say they'll 'hopefully' find it when they try to send it back.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Bunch of tired ass people up in here complaining about some stupid packages. Either they're jobless, or they have enough time from work to complain about stupid things. Which I wouldn't call work.[/QUOTE]

I'm complaining, not because 'OMG I NEED MY STUFF NOW!' since it's only a game and a movie, but because I've seen a downgrade in the time my stuff gets here in the last two weeks. Maybe it is the holiday season being the culprit, but I never had this happen last year from Amazon either, so.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But I bet you're one of the folks who overvalues their time and if they're not waited on in Best Buy within a quarter of a millisecond that you're demanding 'omg compensation' because you just wasted 3 breaths before they asked you if you needed help, right?[/QUOTE]
I have stepped inside a Best Buy twice in the last 4 years. Once to buy a laptop bag and once to buy a cell phone. I never once got harassed by the dumbfucks working there and couldn't have been happier about that. I don't need or want the "help" of the morons in best buy that try to sell me a $1400 laptop when all I need is something pretty basic.

As for the tracking thing, I meant that the tracking number doesn't always get scanned, not that they didn't give you one in the first place. But some places(GoHastings, in particular), give you NO tracking number but there IS one on the package they send you.
It's never been a problem with UPS, and considering it got scanned for departure the Sunday night before delivery, I'm going to bet that wasn't the reason it didn't appear to move for 4 days ;).

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Bunch of tired ass people up in here complaining about some stupid packages. Either they're jobless, or they have enough time from work to complain about stupid things. Which I wouldn't call work.[/QUOTE]
I'm a student, so I guess I am considered jobless since I don't work (don't really want to, but could have a job if I wanted it). I do however get a lot of free time, and I spend some of that on CAG. If you think my complaining to Amazon about a $120 package that seems lost is a problem, you really are free to not comment here (or really, even read the thread). This thread is titled "Amazon rant" and contained within are multiple (*gasp*) rants about Amazon.

No one said we're right. Hell, aren't most rants really just pent up frustration with no real logical reason? I'm frustrated that Amazon refused to accept responsibility for two items within 8 days by 2 different couriers showing up 5 days late.

What's more retarded is that the one person I talked to at 1am on Sunday, told me to wait until 6pm on Sunday to see if the item was going to arrive or not, and then I would be able to get a refund or replacement. I told him FIVE TIMES that it was impossible for the package to show up by 6pm, since the USPS here does not deliver on Sunday for regular Priority mail. He refused to do anything. His argument quickly changed to "well, it could be delivered Monday." Yeah, it could. Your instructions were to wait until SUNDAY NIGHT to ask for a refund/replacement, which was pointless.

[quote name='kidkash03']I'm complaining, not because 'OMG I NEED MY STUFF NOW!' since it's only a game and a movie, but because I've seen a downgrade in the time my stuff gets here in the last two weeks. Maybe it is the holiday season being the culprit, but I never had this happen last year from Amazon either, so.[/QUOTE]
This. I'm not complaining because I'm going to just die without a game and a DS (considering I'm on campus 200 miles from home, and shipped them home...), it's because Amazon's service recently- from about a week before Thanksgiving- seems to have really fallen off a cliff.
Maybe it's the holiday rush. Maybe it's not. However, like this person, I didn't have these issues with Amazon last year, or the year before. Hell, I didn't have these issues the last two years with anyone. The point wasn't that we're going to die without getting a $10 game (really, if it was that important to me, I'd drive the hour or so to a store I know has it, for $30). The point was that Amazon recently went into the shitter in CS. Don't know why, and I really couldn't care. If the savings weren't so great, I'd probably be done with them (similar to my feelings about Kmart).

ok i really hope its the "season" but I know I have complained to Amazon specifically about their use of Ontrak. They leave packages worth hundreds of dollars in front of my apt door which is IN THE HALLWAY surrounded by you know xx other apts.
Now I only had one problem with my black friday orders and yes i do have prime. they all sent out different carriers. I mean some UPS, one fedex, one usps and one ontrak.
Ontrak doesn't even bother going into my building they slap a notice on the glass doors to my building as their "1st attempt to deliver" So i call rant and rave and magically the next day it shows up in my building even at the office and not left at my door.
I think that the local guys just don't try as hard as the big ones but with a bit of prodding they do fulfill the job

[quote name='Altanis']I have stepped inside a Best Buy twice in the last 4 years. Once to buy a laptop bag and once to buy a cell phone. I never once got harassed by the dumbfucks working there and couldn't have been happier about that. I don't need or want the "help" of the morons in best buy that try to sell me a $1400 laptop when all I need is something pretty basic.[/quote]
Oh believe me. I only go to BB for penny guides, the occasional(read: RARE) clearance item or to PM other retailers(like I did recently with Front Mission Evolved that GS has for $20 new). Otherwise I avoid them at all costs.
It's never been a problem with UPS, and considering it got scanned for departure the Sunday night before delivery, I'm going to bet that wasn't the reason it didn't appear to move for 4 days ;).
With UPS, the delivery driver would literally get out of the truck, drop the package(s) on the side stoop and then run back to the truck and take off. With the postal service most of my outgoing packages are lucky to get scanned at acceptance and delivery, unlike years prior where they would be scanned at every step along the way.

So I definitely understand how stuff could just 'disappear' if it's sent a certain way.
I'm a student, so I guess I am considered jobless since I don't work (don't really want to, but could have a job if I wanted it). I do however get a lot of free time, and I spend some of that on CAG. If you think my complaining to Amazon about a $120 package that seems lost is a problem, you really are free to not comment here (or really, even read the thread). This thread is titled "Amazon rant" and contained within are multiple (*gasp*) rants about Amazon.
Believe me, I have a puppy whenever a package I've sent doesn't show any movement for a while and I finally breathe a sigh of relief when it is marked 'delivered'. Then it's just a waiting game for the other person to let me know they got it, which could take upwards of a week at times and during that time I'm thinking 'oh crap it's not to their liking' or whatever.

So I do understand when something goes MIA(or wayyyyy off the intended route it should be taking to its destination as has happened to me)that it's quite worrisome. I'm not trying to discount that, but a little patience and diligence in keeping after the shipper and the seller(aka Amazon) should get the intended effect in no time. Have you only been emailing them or have you tried calling them? I'd definitely try a quick call to them if the email/chat method is not working out.

[quote name='Ardrid']Lmfao! No. GameStop sucks at every level.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is great if you have Prime. If not...I don't like having to pay tax, but GameStop's free shipping is much, much faster than Amazons. I can order a game from GameStop.com and Amazon on the same day using the free shipping and my order from GameStop will show up before my Amazon order even ships.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone like some of you took offense too. If USPS/UPS/Fedex loses a package for around 100 dollars, you have every right to be mad. I would be mad, especially when amazon has your money and you have no package. But the kind of ranting and raving on here is the kind of stuff you find on that other site. Where they make a job out of stuff like this. You know, they have this mentality where you spend all this money on cheap stuff, and yet you still somehow make money. All because you saved so much money.

Maybe I'm jealous some of you have freetime to indulge in the simple pleasures of tracking a package. How lame is that?

Jesus Christ Atlantis what are you bitching about; it's not Amazon's fault that the courier's are taking longer than 2 days. Live chat is probably the worst way to contact Amazon about anything, and what do you expect them to say besides wait longer? If there's something you want, ask for compensation, but don't expect some guy from India to go apeshit with ways to make it up to you for you getting your package a few days late.

[quote name='kidkash03']And the mail just delivered here, and surprise, nothing from Amazon. ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to end up surprised if anything shows up late. I'll just contact Amazon and tell them yet again that I shouldn't have to wait. Luckily, I shouldn't have to contact them- both Amazon items were out for delivery around 10am, so they should be delivered today.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I wasn't trying to insult anyone like some of you took offense too. If USPS/UPS/Fedex loses a package for around 100 dollars, you have every right to be mad.[/QUOTE]
This is what I'm talking about. Things can come late, that's not a problem. The problem is when they aren't scanned for 4-5 days and you don't know whether they simply "fell off the truck" or missed a flight or got swiped by an employee. If UPS doesn't scan something for 4-5 days that's shipped 2nd Day Air, I'm going to believe that it was lost.

I would be mad, especially when amazon has your money and you have no package.
So I should be mad when Amazon charges me upon shipping an item but not delivery?

Maybe I'm jealous some of you have freetime to indulge in the simple pleasures of tracking a package. How lame is that?
It takes less than 15 seconds to click on the bookmark (I bookmark all the URLs to track stuff I'm expecting), load the page, and see where something is. It takes about 5 seconds to look at it and go "hey, that's not right" or "all seems okay." I'd suggest re-evaluating your lifestyle if that's too much time.

[quote name='lolwut?']Jesus Christ Atlantis what are you bitching about; it's not Amazon's fault that the courier's are taking longer than 2 days. Live chat is probably the worst way to contact Amazon about anything, and what do you expect them to say besides wait longer? If there's something you want, ask for compensation, but don't expect some guy from India to go apeshit with ways to make it up to you for you getting your package a few days late.[/QUOTE]
1. Atlantis isn't my name. At least get that right.
2. Yes, it is indirectly Amazon's fault if something takes longer than 2 days, especially if shipped USPS Priority Mail- that only guarantees 2-3 days in most cases, not 2 days.
3. I would at least like them to say two magical words: We're sorry.
4. I shouldn't have to ask for compensation and look like I'm trying to scam the system.
5. 5 days late is not "a few days late." It's nearly 3 times as long as the shipping was supposed to take. 5 days late on a package shipped 2nd day air is a serious problem, don't you think?
6. Again, Live Chat is not worse than email. I also have said repeatedly that I cannot call them. I swear, people here are worse than people on SlickDeals.

[quote name='Altanis']I also have said repeatedly that I cannot call them. I swear, people here are worse than people on SlickDeals.[/QUOTE]

or

Ask a neighbor/friend to use their phone, especially if they still have a land line. Problem about calling solved.;)

[quote name='Altanis']1. Atlantis isn't my name. At least get that right.
2. Yes, it is indirectly Amazon's fault if something takes longer than 2 days, especially if shipped USPS Priority Mail- that only guarantees 2-3 days in most cases, not 2 days.
3. I would at least like them to say two magical words: We're sorry.
4. I shouldn't have to ask for compensation and look like I'm trying to scam the system.
5. 5 days late is not "a few days late." It's nearly 3 times as long as the shipping was supposed to take. 5 days late on a package shipped 2nd day air is a serious problem, don't you think?
6. Again, Live Chat is not worse than email. I also have said repeatedly that I cannot call them. I swear, people here are worse than people on SlickDeals.[/QUOTE]

1) I care; no really, I do
2) lolk
3) I dunno how Livechat is, but pretty much every CS response I get from them starts off with "We're sorry", so it sounds like your fault for choosing the shitty method of CS contact
4) That's up to you, but they really don't owe you anything; you bought an item, and it's on it's way to you, via a two day shipping method. If it doesn't get there in two days, suck it up.
5) Maybe, but then again I have better things to do than sit at my door ala Scott Pilgrim and wait for my package to come; and if I'm not mistaken, didn't only one package take that long?
6) Brool cory, stoe. I have 0 problems with e-mail; their responses are fast, and if the first is unsatisfactory, I just choose the "No" link in their response e-mail and it gets handled by the second. Also not Amazon's fault you can't afford a good enough cellphone plan to call them

bread's done
Back