Amazon: Rayman Origins $38.24 (PS3/360)

INMATEofARKHAM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
228 (100%)
I've searched but found no results for this... and since its sort of hidden I thought maybe it had indeed slipped under the radar. (If its a repost don't flog me to bad.)

Anyhow, Amazon copies of the game normally come with the exclusive art book but if you can do without then you can pick up the game for $38.24. (And they might even have free quick shipping as it says it qualities.)

360: http://www.amazon.com/Rayman-Origin..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1324325157&sr=1-3

PS3: http://www.amazon.com/Rayman-Origin..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1324325119&sr=1-1

Anyhow, I hope this helps... This title really hasn't been cheap too many times. (It might have been 34.99 on Amazon on BF but I'm not positive.)

Edit: I'm having no luck having the above links go to the standard edition so you'll likely have to do that manually.

Edit 2: Links seem to be working... Finally./COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really interested in this until I read that the co-op is couch only. Lack of online co-op in this game seems like a serious oversight. As such I am renting it from Gamefly.

Yeah I'm waiting for somewhere between $10-20 on this one too. Kinda feel bad about it because it's certainly worth more. This game is just going to suffer from releasing during the holiday season. The entire year was wide open until the middle of October...

[quote name='theking20']it'll keep dropping, looking at the sales number for last month, jeez poor rayman :(

i'm gonna wait a little longer[/QUOTE]

That's sort of how I'm looking at it... Though I am just sooooo tempted by this game and would like for it to be a huge success.

I would certainly play it right now if I did buy it but I'm better off tackling some of my backlog... (or at least that's what I keep telling myself.)

One of the few games that I am glad I bought new and at almost full price. Not that it will make a difference to Ubisoft though, since no one else bought it. But it's a fantastic game and it's really great to see something like this come out now amidst all of the dudebro shooters.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I was really interested in this until I read that the co-op is couch only. Lack of online co-op in this game seems like a serious oversight. As such I am renting it from Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

As someone who has played it, trust me when I say this is a game that feels like it only works with couch co-op.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I was really interested in this until I read that the co-op is couch only. Lack of online co-op in this game seems like a serious oversight. As such I am renting it from Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

This unfortunately killed a lot of the hype I had for the game as well. I was ready to buy 2 copies, but now I'm willing to wait for more of a price drop. I'm not buying into the excuses of "game requires too precise of controls for online" either, seeing as how games like Splosion Man pull it off just fine. Fighting games require more precise inputs than any platformer I've ever played, yet they can have functional online play. This is just lazyness on Ubisoft's part. I could maybe understand if it was a $10 downloadable title (even though it was a serious oversight in Scott Pilgrim as well), but for a $60 retail game it's really inexcusable.

How can it only work with couch co-op? I have played LBP1/2 as well as Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man via co-op online. I am sure couch co-op is just as fun if not more fun, but that isn't the point. In this day and age online co-op for a game that has co-op in general should be a must. It just makes me feel like Ubisoft took a big shortcut and it removed a big aspect of it for me.

EDIT: Dang it Crookshow beat me to it, but whatever.

Which version of three (PS3, 360, Wii) is the best? Definitely will eventually pick this. Hopefully, it will hit $20 before it becomes hard to find.

I don't feel the lack of online co-op was an oversight at all. This game plays perfectly fine with single player, and if you have someone around to jump and play co-op with you, great, but it's certainly not necessary. No online co-op is a poor excuse to not buy this title, if you ask me and are a true fan of 2D platformers.

[quote name='dwmacfar2']As someone who has played it, trust me when I say this is a game that feels like it only works with couch co-op.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. I think it's the best example of couch co-op platforming I've ever seen. My wife and I are having far too much fun with this game. Just superb.

[quote name='SteveGo']I don't feel the lack of online co-op was an oversight at all. This game plays perfectly fine with single player, and if you have someone around to jump and play co-op with you, great, but it's certainly not necessary. No online co-op is a poor excuse to not buy this title, if you ask me and are a true fan of 2D platformers.[/QUOTE]

With latency being what it is, online co-op would be just horrible...

[quote name='DealHunter']Which version of three (PS3, 360, Wii) is the best? Definitely will eventually pick this. Hopefully, it will hit $20 before it becomes hard to find.[/QUOTE]

The 360 and PS3 versions seem to be identical except for the fact that the PS3 version does not support Dolby Digital 5.1. The Wii version is obviously inferior in the graphics department, but I'm sure it plays just the same. Here's a comparison video of the 360 and PS3 versions: http://youtu.be/LQ2htZpsM_4

I'm waiting for this to drop to about $30 or so. I kind of feel bad because I know it's worth it even at this price, but I have enough games to keep me busy now.

It's a shame how so many of us (myself included) would have been willing to pay much more for this game, but know it's tanking and will probably be $20 or lower before long.

I bought it on release day and don't regret it one bit. This game is a masterpiece!! I bought it knowing that in a few months I would find it for $20 if I wanted to wait, but this was a must have for me (just like Splinter Cell Conviction)

And to the guy that asked, this game is made for the D-Pad, that makes it better on the PS3. I know the D-Pad on the silver 360 controller is better than the regular one because I own that as well, but it still sucks compared to the DS3.

I'm sheepishly among those waiting for the price to fall further, which it surely will. This game looks beautiful and I feel bad not supporting it, but my backlog is too large to justify spending more than $20 on this. I'm sorry Michel. :cry:

bread's done
Back