Amazon: Rayman Origins for PS Vita $29.99.

I personally have been playing it on the Vita and I sure as hell would not want to play this with anyone. It's not super hard but idk, it requires some tough coordination sometimes. My cents.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I keep hearing that I should get this for the PS3 or xbox because of the local multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
ohhhhhh shady character, i see what you did there o_O....

well played...

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']ohhhhhh shady character, i see what you did there o_O....

well played...[/QUOTE]
What exactly did I do? That is what friends have told me.

[quote name='lllGurulll']What exactly did I do? That is what friends have told me.[/QUOTE]
if you need further explaining to look innocent i shall provide them to you sire, with your comments you're basically "in my eyes" are bashing the vita version for no having any kind of multiplayer functionality, that of course can be read on many ways, no hostility here, just a thought

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']if you need further explaining to look innocent i shall provide them to you sire, with your comments you're basically "in my eyes" are bashing the vita version for no having any kind of multiplayer functionality, that of course can be read on many ways, no hostility here, just a thought[/QUOTE]

NO, that wasn't my intent. My intent was to get confirmation from other CAGs. But obviously you have no desire to provide any real input other than to twist my words into something I didn't mean.

[quote name='lllGurulll']NO, that wasn't my intent. My intent was to get confirmation from other CAGs. But obviously you have no desire to provide any real input other than to twist my words into something I didn't mean.[/QUOTE]
it does

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']if you need further explaining to look innocent i shall provide them to you sire, with your comments you're basically "in my eyes" are bashing the vita version for no having any kind of multiplayer functionality, that of course can be read on many ways, no hostility here, just a thought[/QUOTE]
His post is a statement of fact. The Vita version lacks the mutliplayer that the console versions have. I'm not sure how one could consider that to be bashing. MarkHawk clearly got what he was saying since he provided a reply that actually made sense.

[quote name='lllGurulll']NO, that wasn't my intent. My intent was to get confirmation from other CAGs. But obviously you have no desire to provide any real input other than to twist my words into something I didn't mean.[/QUOTE]

Unless your real life friends are platform gaming badasses, don't sweat the lack of multiplayer. Part of the fun of this game is that it's fairly unforgiving in terms of random difficulty spikes and execution, but it offsets it by giving unlimited lives and friendly restart points (except on the race levels which are basically an exercise in rote memorization).

I would've never ever finished the game if I would've done it with a friend.

I played through the 360 version and enjoyed the pants off it. Picked up the Vita version to do it all over again and it plays identically.

[quote name='Curlis']Are there any additions to this version? Levels etc[/QUOTE]

My understanding is no, this is the same as the console counterparts.

[quote name='MarkHawk']I personally have been playing it on the Vita and I sure as hell would not want to play this with anyone. It's not super hard but idk, it requires some tough coordination sometimes. My cents.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='handsomepete']Unless your real life friends are platform gaming badasses, don't sweat the lack of multiplayer. Part of the fun of this game is that it's fairly unforgiving in terms of random difficulty spikes and execution, but it offsets it by giving unlimited lives and friendly restart points (except on the race levels which are basically an exercise in rote memorization).

I would've never ever finished the game if I would've done it with a friend.

I played through the 360 version and enjoyed the pants off it. Picked up the Vita version to do it all over again and it plays identically.

My understanding is no, this is the same as the console counterparts.[/QUOTE]
thank you for your helpful information.

[quote name='MarkHawk']I personally have been playing it on the Vita and I sure as hell would not want to play this with anyone. It's not super hard but idk, it requires some tough coordination sometimes. My cents.[/QUOTE]

I played the PS3 version a bit, and I was thinking the same thing: playing this in co-op would be pretty terrible unless you're just trying to run through the levels.

I love the portability of the Vita version. It's really nice to just pull it out of sleep mode if you've got a TV on in the background that you're not paying full attention to, or something like that.[quote name='Curlis']Are there any additions to this version? Levels etc[/QUOTE]There is a ghost replay feature that lets you share speed runs with people online. There are also 2 or 3 hidden relics per level that are new in the Vita version. They make a ticking/rattling noise when they're on screen, so you have to keep an ear out, then locate them and tap them with your finger. Not anything too special, but it gives you a little something more to look for in the levels.

[quote name='Dranakin']I would totally get this if I hadn't picked up the PS3 version for $20 from TRU awhile back.[/QUOTE]

Yup, same here!

[quote name='AwRy108']I played the PS3 version a bit, and I was thinking the same thing: playing this in co-op would be pretty terrible unless you're just trying to run through the levels.[/QUOTE]

Having actually played it with someone who isn't that great at video games, I disagree with you guys assuming it would have been worse. This doesn't mean it would have worked for you, but I'm just chiming in to say that I found the co-op to work very well and I actually have more trouble coordinating things on my own. I was able to collect more efficiently, too.

Ultimately it depends on how you play and how they play, of course, much like the functionality of New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

bread's done
Back