Amazon - Razer Deathadder mouse (Std-$39.99 or Black-$44.99)

VidPower

CAGiversary!
Amazon is selling the Razer Deathadder mouse for $39.99

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Deathad...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337380134&sr=1-1

They're also selling the Black edition of the mouse for $44.99

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Deathad...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1337380613&sr=1-2

Alternative:
You can get the normal one at Newegg for $39.99+shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153055
or the black version for $45+shipping ($59.99-$15code)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153072

[quote name='GlassAgate']Deathadder? Um....couldn't Sega sues for trademark
infringement? (think Golden Axe)[/QUOTE]

Considering the Razer product line's names are clearly named after snakes and other predatory animals, and they've had mice under this name since 2006, which is when the last Golden Axe game came out, no. Sega clearly doesn't have any interest in protecting whatever claim to the name Death Adder they may or may not have.

This is an awesome mouse BTW. I'm thinking about buying one for once I'm done destroying my old one playing D3, since I've had the thing since '07.

Hmm, debating if I should get it. Currently I have the Cooler Master Spawn, and the middle scroll button is breaking (opens two tabs instead of one when browsing on the net). Getting it would match my black widow.

Wow, when did the Death Adder transition from Razer's cheapo 29.95-39.95 mouse to its 59.95 mouse??? The only difference is it has more completely unnecessary dpi. Shame.

How is this a hot deal? I've been rocking my DeathAdder since 2006 when I bought it from Best Buy for $60. It is an incredible mouse, but it has been out for 6 years. If you're entertaining the idea of a Razer, get one with the 4G sensor!

[quote name='fore1337']How is this a hot deal? I've been rocking my DeathAdder since 2006 when I bought it from Best Buy for $60. It is an incredible mouse, but it has been out for 6 years. If you're entertaining the idea of a Razer, get one with the 4G sensor![/QUOTE]

They've updated the DeathAdder since 2006 fyi. My really old DeathAdder I don't believe had braided cable or the 3.5G sensor ( it was 3G) so I'm guessing yours from 2006 also isn't the same. And if I remember right the old DeathAdders were max up to 1800DPI and not 3500DPI. So you can't really compare it as the same mouse. It's a good deal.

Yea, like a couple of you... I have the older model of the mouse. I've been using it for years. It's a great mouse. Highly recommended!

I hate that the blacked out one costs more, I love the mouse but I am not one for all the glowing stuff. Remove the lights and charge more = profit.

[quote name='iwannadie']I hate that the blacked out one costs more, I love the mouse but I am not one for all the glowing stuff. Remove the lights and charge more = profit.[/QUOTE]

black one is better I've read. the sides aren't glossy like the regular version and grip better

I have an old Deathadder as well, I remember I got it from Circuit City around the time they were shutting down all of their stores, there were clearing everything out so I got the mouse very cheap (I paid $20 IRC). I didn't like that much I don't remember what it was but something with that mouse felt a little off, I got rid of it and got a Logitech G5 instead which was far better mouse, I still have and it works perfectly.

[quote name='iwannadie']I hate that the blacked out one costs more, I love the mouse but I am not one for all the glowing stuff. Remove the lights and charge more = profit.[/QUOTE]
You can turn the lights off.

As others say, GET THIS if you don't own it. I got mine in march for my 1st PC build & it is amazing. Everything you could want in a mouse (unless you only play MMO's). I payed $49 for mine here (std version).

It seems as if the Black Edition is gone at that price, atm.

Black edition is back down to $44.99.

I found out the black one doesn't have glossy sides, which was one of the only things I didn't like about my old Deathadder, so I ordered that one.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Deathadder? Um....couldn't Sega sues for trademark
infringement? (think Golden Axe)[/QUOTE]

First off, it is a snake. Second off, trademarks get pretty involved but Razer didn't create a game or character called Death Adder so they're not "competing in the same space" and people are not likely to get the two confused.

To your point, lawyers can sue for anything or issue cease and desist letters just to try and get them to evaluate if it is more trouble than it is worth but it certainly doesn't look like they'd stand a chance in hell of winning.

Since we're on the subject, does anyone have a lead on a deal for a Razer Lycosa?
That's another Oldie but Goodie.

Also, I'm in no way dogging the Death Adder, I love mine. I have no reason to upgrade from my 3G Sensor until the unit dies. Hopefully a 4G+ DA is available by then. I think this mouse has survived the longest of any of my gaming mice. In second place was the Logitech MX500.

bread's done
Back