Amazon Red Dead Deal am I screwed ?

Chickenmumbo

CAGiversary!
So i decide to get Red dead Redemption at Amazon. I have Prime and a $10 dollar game credit from buying Bioshock 2 a couple of weeks back. On the preorder page they say I wil get a $20 dollar gift card so I bite. I just got an email (copy below) from them saying I get a 5 dollar credit for an MP3 album download. WTF? I wanted the $20 gift card so I could buy a tool I'm wanting 20 bucks cheaper. Can they just do that ? If its in addition to the $20 GC ok but I've always gotten an email saying I get the credit. Anyone know?

"Your recent order 10x-60xx7494-4314627 entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Promotion details: [/SIZE][/FONT]
Additional information on this offer can be found here.
Your $5 credit is valid towards Amazon MP3 album or single song downloads at http://www.amazon.com/mp3. For redemption instructions and additional information, click here http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000391091. Amazon MP3 music downloads are available to customers located in and with billing addresses in the one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Taxes apply in some states.
The promotional credit must be used by July 15, 2010. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.

Ya what he said lol, it seems they are giving that $5 for a lot of brand new gaming items. Just got one for the controller I just bought.

Whew ! Thanks guys I thought maybe I had a cache of the order page and they had changed the deal. I've been buying a lot of games lately and didn't really want game credit, but I figured since I am going to be buying a $150 tool from Amazon I might as well get a discount. My 8 year old son has been bugging me to get a mp3 download of a Black Eyed Pea album for him so this is even a better deal. Looks like it will cost me about $25 bucks or so now. I love this site.

Yes all Amazon game credit is for future purchase. But I must say I still love it, just look at the deals we have been getting lately on brand new games. Looks like the new price for games is $50-60 with game credit. Hell even Kmart joined the fray lol.

[quote name='cashHD']is the $20 credit for future gaming purchases only? if not, that's a pretty sweet game..might have to bite[/QUOTE]

I believe the $20 with Red Dead is a gift card that can be used for any item, not just gaming. The deals for other games though are strictly gaming credit.

Yeah it states gift credit (not game credit). Thanks OP I was just about to post this same question as a last minute Amazon purchaser. Everyone else seems to agree that we'll still get our $20 credit in addition to the weird $5 mp3 credit. A moderator might want to sticky this for a while to avoid the forum getting a bunch of threads for this same question.

bread's done
Back