Amazon Return.....Zero Dollars??? HELP!

TheFreshPrince

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
I bought Left 4 Dead 2 from Amazon a while back, and got it for much cheaper on Black Friday, so I wanted to return my copy to Amazon.

I went through the process, printed the return labels, and mailed the game back. I just got a notification from Amazon saying the return went through, but the refund is listed as $0.00. I paid $54.99 for the game, but all with promotional credits. I had no clue that they would not refund those.

There has to be some way for me to reclaim my money, or at least get the game back. Otherwise, Amazon totally screwed me out of $55. Any suggestions??

Thanks

If they were like the Buy 80 get 40 credits or stuff like that, where they were promos that Amazon gave you, they don't have to give you anything. If it was Amazon GCs, you may have something.

THen technically, it was a promo and they don't really have to do anything. Sorry to hear about that though. Read the fine print next time!

I emailed them....I'm hoping they will make an exception. That's just BS. I should just get credit back. I've never heard of any store taking a return and giving $0 back.

But how many stores do promos like amazon? And if I am correct, it says on the bottom of the credit thing taht it's a one time use, and can't be returned once used.

THat's incredible!!!!!!!!!!! I was honestly thinking that you were SOL!!! That's very cool, but I doubt it will happen again. Congrats!!!!

[quote name='GizmoGC']I love how it's easier to ask a bunch of people vs. calling the damn place up.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm pregnant.. advice?

[quote name='georox']I think I'm pregnant.. advice?[/QUOTE]
Flush, flush, flush, flush!!!

BTW OP should call amazon customer service. If you are uncomfortable calling, send them an email. Amazon is usually happy to help.

OP, if you paid for it with a gift card, you should be getting the balance back on your gift card account. Check your gift card balance in your account information and see if it's there.

If not, then either email them or have them call you/call them, both accessible from your account in the Help section.

The only time you may not get anything back for it is if it was paid with promotional codes on your account have would have expired by now and won't show back up again.

Regardless of what people are saying here, I'd suggest emailing them or calling them/having them call you. They would be the ones with the answers, we're just guessing here.

I don't know about other people's experiences, but I haven't had a problem with returns at Amazon using either a credit card or gift certificate balance. I'm pretty sure they do not have some kind of policy to not issue refunds on gift cert balance. Glad it worked out for you OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back