Amazon Returns

reibeatall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I ordered one copy of Magical Starsign while it was DOTD, and when I got the confirmation e-mail, I noticed that the billing address was my OLD address, and everything had changed. So I ordered it again with the new address, figuring the first one would be canceled.

Well, it wasn't.

It's too late to cancel the order, so how easy is it to return items to Amazon? Once I get it, do I just call them up and tell them what happened?

[quote name='reibeatall']So I ordered one copy of Magical Starsign while it was DOTD, and when I got the confirmation e-mail, I noticed that the billing address was my OLD address, and everything had changed. So I ordered it again with the new address, figuring the first one would be canceled.

Well, it wasn't.

It's too late to cancel the order, so how easy is it to return items to Amazon? Once I get it, do I just call them up and tell them what happened?[/QUOTE]

they sent me a xbox version of a ps 2 i order and it was a pain in the ass, i called them up and they said

1. we will send out the ps2 copy
2. we will charge your credit card again
3. you will get the credit off the credit card as soon as we get the xbox back

well i sent the xbox game back but i never got credit so i had to dispute it though my credit card company even though amazon said they got the game back they said they dont know why i never got credit.

so long story short if you have problems just dispute it with your cc company

I've never had any problems returning things to Amazon, and if it's their fault they will normally send out a replacement right away. They will charge you if you don't return the original, of course. I'm pretty surprised that they said they would charge you again, slidecage. Did you make it clear that it was their fault and you weren't just changing your mind or something?

But that's not even true in every case. I ordered a tray made out of china for my Mom's birthday and it arrived with the handle broken off. I sent them an email and then sent out another one right away. But it ALSO arrived with the handle broken off (it seems that the way they were packing them wasn't good). So I emailed them and told them that I just wanted a refund, which they did. Plus, they said since the products were made out of glass, that I should just throw them away and not return them. It was actually possible to glue the handle back on with superglue, so I gave the two broken ones to my mom (I told her the story and bought her another present with what I would have spent on the tray).

EDIT: But to answer the OP's question, since you ordered the item twice, it's your fault, so you'll just have to send it back at your expense and wait for a refund. You might be better off keeping it to trade.

I'll probably end up keeping it, it just bothers me that even with incorrect information (I.E. TWO addresses), my credit card got charged twice.

bread's done
Back