Amazon S1 DVD Sets for $15.98 DEAD LIKE ME, SG1, SG ATLANTIS, ETC

[quote name='ofacto']I'm tempted to also get Poltergeist and the Outer Limits, but I have to save money for DDD's big sale.[/quote]

I was about to post the exact same thing when i saw those, I havent seen the poltergeist series in a while. :D

I'm very tempted by Dead Like Me, but I have too much to watch as it is - plus I'm picking up the new Sopranos today. I'm holding off for the blu-ray release for Atlantis, or I'd jump on that.

Probably get the SG-1 season 1 since it's the slim pack. May pick up Atlantis for that price. For some reason I just couldn't get into the show, but now with SG-1 being cancelled, I may have to give it another try.

Was the Poltergeist TV series any good? I barely remember it being on - usually at late hours.

Thanks,
-Brian

[quote name='argyle']I'm very tempted by Dead Like Me, but I have too much to watch as it is - plus I'm picking up the new Sopranos today. I'm holding off for the blu-ray release for Atlantis, or I'd jump on that.[/QUOTE]
Dead like me....man, I loved that show. So fresh and cool....and then it got axed. I felt so used. But there is good stuff within.

Question about Stargate:Atlantis...

Is it a totally separate show, or does it fit within the SG-1 series
continuity somewhere? Kind of like Buffy and Angel? You didn't
*have* to watch them together, but if you didn't, some stuff
would get spoiled. I don't want to pick up S1 of both if I have
to wait to watch Atlantis.

[quote name='blandstalker']Question about Stargate:Atlantis...

Is it a totally separate show, or does it fit within the SG-1 series
continuity somewhere? Kind of like Buffy and Angel? You didn't
*have* to watch them together, but if you didn't, some stuff
would get spoiled. I don't want to pick up S1 of both if I have
to wait to watch Atlantis.[/quote]

It does fit in with continuity of Stargate sg1, there are several seasons of sg1 that leads to the stargate atlantis series that are not included in the collection. However from that point on they dont interact at least for the first season anyways. So you should be good if you dont mind missing the leading up episodes. If you are a stargate fan you probably have already seen those episodes anyways. Hope this helped. :)

They also have some crossover where they go back and forth and interact with each others charachters.

Picture Xena and Hercules if you've seen them and you should understand how they relate.

Personally I think I will snag stargate atlantis when I get my amazon giftcard i'm waiting for.

[quote name='Brian9824']They also have some crossover where they go back and forth and interact with each others charachters.

Picture Xena and Hercules if you've seen them and you should understand how they relate.

Personally I think I will snag stargate atlantis when I get my amazon giftcard i'm waiting for.[/quote]

Does any of that happen in the first season, i dont want to put any spoilers but i thought no overlap occurred in the first season?

thanks op, I decided to pick up Dead like me and The magnificent seven. I'm curious enough about both series to give them a shot. Thrown in the amazon prime trial i've got and its been a good day for dvds

Id like to rec Jerehmiah to those unfamiliar with it. Its pretty cool, post apocolyptic stuff. They only had 2 seasons, but I enjoyed it.

[quote name='darkrage']Id like to rec Jerehmiah to those unfamiliar with it. Its pretty cool, post apocolyptic stuff. They only had 2 seasons, but I enjoyed it.[/quote]

Thank you for mentioning this. I didn't click on the link to Amazon to see the other series, and would have missed it had you not pointed it out. I've been wanting to see it for a long time, and it's come highly recommended to me.

Does anyone know when this sale ends? I want to get Atlantis, Poltergeist & Dead Like Me, but I have a lot of holiday shopping to do before I start buying stuff for me. :mrgreen: Thanks!

bread's done
Back