Amazon screwed me

poopdoofio

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in. Please be kind if it isn't.

I applied the $20 promo credit from Ocarina of Time 3ds towards super monkey ball 3d (I'm not excited about monkey ball, but the total came to about $4).

It was supposed to arrive today, but instead I got an email saying it was undeliverable (which explanations range from trying to deliver things to a prison, to the USPS not delivering to your neighborhood).

I've ordered a billion things from amazon in the past, and not once has anything ever been undeliverable.

They refunded me my $4, but no credit. I contacted customer service and they just said sorry, we don't refund promotional credit.

Has this happened to anyone else? I understand they can revoke promotional credit at any time, but jeeze, it sucks when it happens.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do about this?

they should refund the credit - Occasionally packages are returned to us as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to us, we issue a full refund (including shipping charges).

We are unable to re-ship orders that are returned to us as undeliverable. If you would still like to purchase items that were undeliverable, you are welcome to place a new order on our website.

If you suspect your order cannot be delivered as addressed and you have not received confirmation of its return or refund after 4 weeks from the estimated delivery date, please contact us using the button on the right side of this page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3608471

They don't and I think that's bullshit - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=901926&qid=1309643661&sr=1-1

Refunds are issued to the payment method used at the time of purchase.
Payment Method Refund Method Refund Time
(After Return Is Received)
Credit Card Credit Card 3-5 business days
Bank Account Bank Account Up to 10 business days
Amazon.com Gift Card Gift Card Balance 1-2 business days
Promotional Certificate No Refund Issued N/A
Credit Card & Amazon.com Gift Card Credit Card first, then Gift Card 3-5 business days

I'd keep trying until you get a refund, given the circumstances. I had something go back as undeliverable and it was because the postman was lazy and didn't leave it with the apartment office manager.

How long have you had an Amazon account, and how much do you order from them? You should have received a follow-up e-mail that asked you if you were satisfied with the service/solution. Say no, and you should receive a prompt asking you if you'll give Amazon another chance to help you. Connect the call, complain, and I bet you'll get your credit reissued.

Hey, cool news guys! Thanks to your support I was motivated to recontact customer service. After explaining my story they said there was nothing they could do. So I told them I felt like I was being screwed and I wanted them to admit that they screwed me. (Screwed as in I don't think the package was ever attempted to be delivered and they just didn't want to sell me that game for $4).

They then promptly gave me $20 in credit (which is great because the previous credit was only for a select few 3DS titles), and I promptly used said credit to get inFAMOUS 2 for $35.

Now I don't have to play monkey ball!

[quote name='poopdoofio']Hey, cool news guys! Thanks to your support I was motivated to recontact customer service. After explaining my story they said there was nothing they could do. So I told them I felt like I was being screwed and I wanted them to admit that they screwed me. (Screwed as in I don't think the package was ever attempted to be delivered and they just didn't want to sell me that game for $4).

They then promptly gave me $20 in credit (which is great because the previous credit was only for a select few 3DS titles), and I promptly used said credit to get inFAMOUS 2 for $35.

Now I don't have to play monkey ball![/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you didn't pursue the matter before asking the community for help. I have yet to hear of an instance where Amazon screws a customer over rather than issue credit/refund/etc.

However, I'm glad to hear things worked out for you. Just remember to pursue the matter: Amazon is usually willing to credit you something back.

[quote name='dualedge2']I don't understand why you didn't pursue the matter before asking the community for help.[/QUOTE]
Most people around here seem to be like that. I'm constantly seeing people say stuff like "I bought these new games from such-and-such.com and two of them are open. Has this happened to any of you? What should I do?"

It's like they think any of us can somehow help.

check and see what the delivery problem was. fed-ex,ups,PO?. if they delivered before you might have an argument.

[quote name='poopdoofio']Hey, cool news guys! Thanks to your support I was motivated to recontact customer service. After explaining my story they said there was nothing they could do. So I told them I felt like I was being screwed and I wanted them to admit that they screwed me. (Screwed as in I don't think the package was ever attempted to be delivered and they just didn't want to sell me that game for $4).

Now I don't have to play monkey ball![/QUOTE]

Glad that it worked out, they knew they were in the wrong, you just have to be persistant... And remember, Amazon tried to screw you, but Vince McMahon Screwed Bret Hart!

[quote name='poopdoofio'] So I told them I felt like I was being screwed and I wanted them to admit that they screwed me. (Screwed as in I don't think the package was ever attempted to be delivered and they just didn't want to sell me that game for $4). [/QUOTE]

That's funny. So are you implying that amazon just didn't ship your game to you because you were only paying $4 out of pocket? I've bought dozens of games from them using credits and literally paid nothing. I seriously doubt a huge company like Amazon would just not send you a game because you got it at a cheap price.

Not surprised they took care of you. I had a box return undeliverable around Christmas last year, which was odd because I ordered almost all our presents from amazon..so literally a dozen boxes had already been delivered in the last 2 months with zero problem. I called them up and raised hell (it was like a week before Christmas with no time to get a replacement gift) and in addition to the full refund they had already given me, they gave me an extra $15 credit.

Sometimes it takes a little persistence, but I have always ultimately had a good experience with amazons customer service.

[quote name='dualedge2']I don't understand why you didn't pursue the matter before asking the community for help. I have yet to hear of an instance where Amazon screws a customer over rather than issue credit/refund/etc.

However, I'm glad to hear things worked out for you. Just remember to pursue the matter: Amazon is usually willing to credit you something back.[/QUOTE]

you'd be surprised. I'm a long time customer with Amazon; bought thousands of dollars worth of goods from them, but I've been going too and fro with Amazon CS about a $127 refund they claim I received, but I KNOW that I didn't, and have yet to have any resolution. I don't know what else to do. :cry:

[quote name='Double O Slevin']Glad that it worked out, they knew they were in the wrong, you just have to be persistant... And remember, Amazon tried to screw you, but Vince McMahon Screwed Bret Hart![/QUOTE]

Bret screwed Bret.

I had the same problem. I got an email that item was undeliverable. Shipped from Indiana warehouse. I recently moved so I thought it was my address because I am in a duplex. But, I chatted with them and they said item was damaged. It shipped via UPS if it matters. I got full refund plus shipping. And I found what I wanted for cheaper. So win win for me. Now I am waiting to see if they will delvier my 3 games and my new lcoation

bread's done
Back