Amazon selling imports?

rainking187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
407 (100%)
I know this is going to be something virtually no one cares about, but I had to make this thread anyways. I ordered a PSP game from Amazon last week, and received it today, only to discover it was not the US release, but the Canadian version. I know that sounds dumb, but I'm very nitpicky about my games and always make sure I have the US version. It was just kind of disappointing to see it show up from Amazon, who I trust quite a bit. And I'm aware that some games have bilingual packaging, this was not the case for this game, and the ULUS number has an F at the end, which is something I've only seen on Canadian games, which were shipped to me by other retailers who shall remain nameless. Like I said I'm very nitpicky to the point of OCD, so this has definitely affected how I'm going to be doing business with Amazon.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Did you order directly from Amazon, or from a third-party seller?[/QUOTE]

It was directly from Amazon. A couple of third party sellers actually had it cheaper, but I paid extra because I (used to) trust Amazon more than a couple of companies I've never heard of before.

I would say your chance with the other seller is better as the don't have the wide network of distributor that amazon has.

I know that kmart was selling 'international' versions of some psp games. it's probably a crapshoot at this point if you don't buy it in a b&m store.

I see another listing for a UK version, so you may be able to make a complaint based on that. Especially if you're paying more for what you think is the US version and they're sending you a cheaper foreign make instead.

I would be deeply offended to if I was sent a Canadian version of a game. I mean its probably covered in Maple syrup and had Canadian bacon rubbed on it. From reading the post without looking at the name I could have swore it would be the_grimace or TMK.

Seriously though just email or call Amazon, explain the situation and they will correct it.

[quote name='LordVila']I would be deeply offended to if I was sent a Canadian version of a game. I mean its probably covered in Maple syrup and had Canadian bacon rubbed on it. From reading the post without looking at the name I could have swore it would be the_grimace or TMK.

Seriously though just email or call Amazon, explain the situation and they will correct it.[/QUOTE]

I did email them and they're sending a replacement, but honestly I just did it to be thorough, I fully expect to get another canadian copy. Can't really do much beyond that other than just get a refund if I get another canadian copy. I've been told a few times in the past customer service has no control over what's actually mailed out.

[quote name='LordVila']I would be deeply offended to if I was sent a Canadian version of a game. I mean its probably covered in Maple syrup and had Canadian bacon rubbed on it. From reading the post without looking at the name I could have swore it would be the_grimace or TMK.

Seriously though just email or call Amazon, explain the situation and they will correct it.[/QUOTE]

It's was probably used as a hockey puck and resealed, eh?

The disc is exactly the same; if it has a ULUS number then it's the US version; there is no special "Canadian" version. ULES would be Europe, ULJM Japan. Maybe the manual has an extra section in French to comply with the law in Quebec, but it is still labeled for sale in the US and Canada. It's not like Sega is saying, hey this game didn't sell as well as we expected in Quebec let's throw away all these copies of the game; they ship them all over North America.

As for Amazon, I'm sure they have no clue what you're even talking about. They sell what Sega sends them and the the ISBN codes are identical.

The disc may be the same (I wouldn't know since I'm not opening it) but the packaging isn't. Anyways I got my replacement from Amazon a couple of days ago, and it was the Canadian version again, so both copies are going back.

[quote name='Brian9824']Post a picture of the box, it might very well be a US release but some games have dual english/french box art and manuals.[/QUOTE]

^that

bread's done
Back