Amazon - Six Feet Under complete collection 87.99

Good price, great series, but Amazon has offered it in the past for about $60 or so.

However, if BB does 50% off the lowest it will be is $75 + tax (they sell it for $149, MSRP is $179). Without tax on Amazon, you might as well bite now or wait for the DD 25% off sale and get it for $78 shipped (that sale better happen soon, I'm getting antsy for some early November releases)

do you think i should wait it out? im itching for this but i only have about 400 saved up for black friday dvds and 115-120 is going to the shield complete series tuesday

grrrr this is so tempting but i have a feeling amazon or BB will have it cheaper later in nov/early dec

At this point, the sets not going anywhere but down. Since you can always fall back on DD if BF doesn't pan out, might as well see what November offers.

It's a great series, though, definitely worth picking up for a reasonable price (you can always sell it after you're done). I watched all 5 seasons in less than a month when I bought it, then sold it for about the same price I paid for it, netting a free month rental of the entire series.

I made a blind purchase with Six Feet Under and will always be glad I did. Everything about the show was just top-notch and it'll stay in my collection for sure. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but once I did, I really enjoyed it and have recommended it to many others who liked it as well. If you make it through to the last episode and it doesn't leave an impression on you, nothing will. What an ending and what a series. Pick it up as soon as you can and be prepared for a lot of entertainment! :applause:

If this is the price in store at BB, then it might be hard to pass up. I keep hearing how similar this show is to Dead Like Me, and if that's the case, then I'm definitely interested.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I keep hearing how similar this show is to Dead Like Me, and if that's the case, then I'm definitely interested.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why anyone would compare the two, the only similarities are:

1. Someone always dies in the beginning of each episode.
2. A few characters will every so often "talk" with dead characters.

Other than that, they're practically opposites. Six Feet Under is a very emotion-based realistic continuing drama with some black comedy always mixed in for balance.

If you want something closer to DLM, go with Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies, or My Name Is Earl.

Are the first two seasons 4:3 in the set like they are individually or are they 1.78:1? If the first two seasons are widescreen, I might have to think about ditching the individual seasons I have & get the set.

i watched this show because i wanted to see more of michael c hall (dexter). Then you find out what kind of character he plays and the shit hits the fan...its okay for me. I saw 1-2 seasons but not interested in seeing more. big let down cuz i was coming off my dexter high.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Seasons 1 and 2 are fullscreen, seasons 3-5 are widescreen.[/QUOTE]Well there goes my only possible motivation for upgrading to the box set. Thanks.

[quote name='geeknhard']Well there goes my only possible motivation for upgrading to the box set. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
i dont think season 1 and 2 will ever be widescreen because the second set is coming this month i believe and its the same

bread's done
Back