Amazon: Sony 7.1 Wireless PS3 Headset, $69.99

[quote name='nextisland']would this work on xbox also? sorry if its a silly question[/QUOTE]

No. These are pretty much proprietary and designed only for PS3. They might work on a few other products (perhaps Sony items?), but are not really designed for anything but PS3. The new Pulse Elite is more versatile.

Both these and the Elites are excellent and there is some nice functionality when using with the PS3.

By the way, these are simulated surround and not true surround. There is a difference, but many people don't care.

i recently got the pulse ones and i was about to flip my table but then noticed it was the old model, if your not sure between original or pulse choose pulse is a lot more awesome and works on all mobile devices devices which use headphones

[quote name='rioskenny']i recently got the pulse ones and i was about to flip my table but then noticed it was the old model, if your not sure between original or pulse choose pulse is a lot more awesome and works on all mobile devices devices which use headphones[/QUOTE]

I think I see your problem and why you got confused. Both models are called "Pulse." The newer models are Pulse Elite and the older models are just Pulse.

[quote name='nextisland']would this work on xbox also? sorry if its a silly question[/QUOTE]

They work on a pc fine but you have no 7.1 or sidetone

Can it be used to play blurays? I know some headsets can't be used with bluray. If so I'd so be down.

[quote name='Sk']Can it be used to play blurays? I know some headsets can't be used with bluray. If so I'd so be down.[/QUOTE]

If your using with a ps3, then yes they will play the bluray sound. And they work on a PC as well. I got these when they first got announced at this price from an amazon price error. My son took mine so i would so be all over this if I had the $

[quote name='Sk']Can it be used to play blurays? I know some headsets can't be used with bluray. If so I'd so be down.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but strangely and annoyingly, the 7.1 sound supposedly doesn't work with movies.

[quote name='Stereo']Yes, but strangely and annoyingly, the 7.1 sound supposedly doesn't work with movies.[/QUOTE]

I think that was fixed in a ps3 firmware update.

Obnoxious from a looks standpoints, or does that metal dial actually prove uncomfortable or something? And thanks for the clarification!

bread's done
Back