Amazon Sony PS3 Wireless Headset $79.99

I use this for my PC and it's easily the best headset I've purchased.

Doesn't have shoddy craftsmanship like Turtle Beach.

great headset, the only downside for me is to not be able to turn off other people's mic without turning off the ingame volume.

Just grabbed it, was that patch issued stated in amazon reviews get resolved yet? Also whats used to charge the headset, microusb? Is this bluetooth or dongle? Thx.

Tossing up price history. 80$ isnt really a sale price in past 2-3 months review:

http://www.camelcamelcamel.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/product/B0053OLY9O

[quote name='Hockey37']Mini USB charge, same as controllers. Bluetooth connectivity.[/QUOTE]

Wootness, many thanks!

[quote name='Datajack']Wootness, many thanks![/QUOTE]

You actually need 1 USB port free. You have to connect a dongle into the PS3.

[quote name='Hockey37']Mini USB charge, same as controllers. Bluetooth connectivity.[/QUOTE]

Actually it does not use bluetooth, but rather the standard radio frequency. I have a lot of problems with it interferring with my 2.4GHz band of my WiFi at my home. I just bought a USB extension cable to see if that will cut down on the interference.

[quote name='coolrust']great headset, the only downside for me is to not be able to turn off other people's mic without turning off the ingame volume.[/QUOTE]

there is the chat volume in the front of the headset slid that up and you turn off other peoples mic without affecting the game volume...are you trolling or just a little slow

[quote name='Datajack']Just grabbed it, was that patch issued stated in amazon reviews get resolved yet? Also whats used to charge the headset, microusb? Is this bluetooth or dongle? Thx.

Tossing up price history. 80$ isnt really a sale price in past 2-3 months review:

http://www.camelcamelcamel.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/product/B0053OLY9O[/QUOTE]

nope sony did not fix the headset they messed up with the last patch but you can go to system settings and shut off the mic pickup if you don't want to chat and that will fix the mic picking up every little outside noise and sending it through the headset

[quote name='pedrobeara']there is the chat volume in the front of the headset slid that up and you turn off other peoples mic without affecting the game volume...are you trolling or just a little slow[/QUOTE]

i know thats theres two volume control on the headset, voice and game but everytime i slide voice volume all the way down, the game volume would turn off too. i got it on the day it was release and i read other people having the same comment.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Not bluetooth. Doesn't work with Vita. Overall an excellent headset though. Use mine daily... and the virtual 7.1 surround sound is actually pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

Darn it, thanks!

think of the chat volume as a mixer when it is set in the middle you get 100% volume and chat slid it up form the middle and you get 100% audio volume but the chat volume goes down slide it down form the middle you get 100% but the audio volume goes down.( you can also feel the slider stop a little when it is set in the middle)

so if you wanted to turn off the other peoples mic and not lose game audio you push the slider all the way up, thats what I do because I hate listening to other people talk while i'm playing a game

if you can't understand that do this

1. put headset on head
2. on the left side of your head place your finger on the slider closes to the tv
3. slide that sucker all the way up to the top
4. enjoy being able to turn off other people's mic without turning off the ingame volume

I just bought a like new from AWD 2 days ago. I did not know about the mic problem.

Guess I could just turn the mic off and use it as a headphone so I don't disturb my wife at night, but that kinda kill the reason why I bought it.

Do anyone know if the problem exist if used on a PC?

bread's done
Back