amazon- soul sacrifice $35

I lied. I snagged a copy. I had extra credit from the trade in promo and want to support this vita game so we can get more.

ive had a weird experience with this game. i like it a lot but i never find myself wanting to play it

[quote name='Edzo04']ive had a weird experience with this game. i like it a lot but i never find myself wanting to play it[/QUOTE]

I'm the complete opposite. I always want to play this game. It's definitely in my top five Vita games as of right now. I'm close to the end, and I look forward to going online in the future. I've been doing pushing through the story mode by myself. This game is far from perfect, but it's always a blast to play. I highly recommend this one.

[quote name='Edzo04']ive had a weird experience with this game. i like it a lot but i never find myself wanting to play it[/QUOTE]

Odd, my experience was the complete opposite. The only downside to that is that I finished it in three days...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm the complete opposite. I always want to play this game. It's definitely in my top five Vita games as of right now. I'm close to the end, and I look forward to going online in the future. I've been doing pushing through the story mode by myself. This game is far from perfect, but it's always a blast to play. I highly recommend this one.[/QUOTE]

I can say with all honesty that this is the most I've played my Vita, and I wouldn't doubt I'll be using the Vita way more than I ever used my original PSP.

Already beat the game and all the pacts, even went from 1/99 to 99/1. There's a whole lot of replayability when it comes to the game, unlockable outfits (and colors), sigils, and dlc bosses coming soon.

Probably going to be the first game I'll be buying any and all DLC that comes out for it. I'm really glad with how they are handling this game, and would be thrilled to see a CE containing Librom for Soul Sacrifice 2 lol.

Same here, I always consider playing it but don't, but when I do finally play it then I never want to put it down.

Got lucky last week & found a pre-owned copy at a local GS so used the 20% off b-day coupon & 10% off pro rewards with the DLC code un-used. But yeah, it's entertaining so far!

I found a pre-owned copy at GS too but then I realized the online function won't work since the online pass has been used. I will return mine and buy a new one. I'm very interested in buying the amazon one because I have the $20 credit. But I'm debating about should I instead buy the Soul Sacrifice Vita bundle. It looks so cool and since it's imported from Japan, the soul sacrifice comes with Japanese voice too. The vita itself is red. The bundle also comes with many accessories. I doubt Sony will have another vita that looks better than this one. But... it's so expensive now.

Regarding the game, it's very deep. I like it. I feel it's a bit difficult though. I need to grind.

Isn't there DLC for this game to patch in the JP voices? I thought I saw that on PSN.

This seems to be the current price for the downloadable version too. I know, I know, physical is better but I've been tempted to just pick up the digital version... If only Sony wasn't so stingy with their memory cards. Mine is already full and it's already cost them a few sales.

[quote name='fujishig']Isn't there DLC for this game to patch in the JP voices? I thought I saw that on PSN.

This seems to be the current price for the downloadable version too. I know, I know, physical is better but I've been tempted to just pick up the digital version... If only Sony wasn't so stingy with their memory cards. Mine is already full and it's already cost them a few sales.[/QUOTE]

There is.

Amazing game, can't stop playing it, especially online. Not to mention the massive amount of free and paid DLC to be released soon stateside

for those of you enjoying this....do you also like demon/dark souls?

(if not, or if you didnt play it) - what else does it remind you of?

I'm intrigued at the dark/demon souls similarities...have also heard about monster hunter type vibe (haven't played that game though)

It's game structure is similar to Monster Hunter games... quest, boss, join others for boss. It is more action oriented but essentially, it is Sony's take to satisfy that segment since they lost Monster Hunter 4. They've been going crazy over it actually.... Soul Sacrifice Vita, Toukiden Vita... can't blame them tho, MH pretty much kept PSP alive in JP tho never managed much of a fanbase in NA.

thx....I imagine multiplayer & DLC will help with long term replayability then.

But it's good on single player too? (that is, doesn't require playing multiplayer to enjoy it?)

single player is fine, but it really shine in multi when joining with others to kill huge boss.

have you played ragnorak odessy or god eater? it's pretty much that same formula.

oh, and this is not remotely similar to demon/dark souls. it is not a "souls" game.

yeah - figured as much. the title naming choice is confusing, even though I know they're not related.

haven't played ragnarok or god eater....i've been consumed by virtue's last reward as of late... will probably pick up soul/sac (or p4g) depending on how i'm feeling....

last q.... multiplayer is wifi only, right?

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']for those of you enjoying this....do you also like demon/dark souls?

(if not, or if you didnt play it) - what else does it remind you of?

I'm intrigued at the dark/demon souls similarities...have also heard about monster hunter type vibe (haven't played that game though)[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think the Souls games are vastly over rated and this game is in no way similar to those games anyway.

The game is a lot like Monster Hunter, but in a lot of ways reminds me more of Lord of Apocalypse (Lord of Arcana was the PSP version that released in the US) for the Vita. With that being said, it's also quite different than MH in a lot of ways. Like most of the bosses don't have a lot of depth to them, since me and my friend were able to bring down most of them with very basic tactics. Also most bosses can be brought down by abusing elemental damage, but these sort of tactics are where the depth is. I can get into a really long explanation of these things, but this game gives you the one thing a lot of games are missing and that's the ability to choose your own tactics. I wouldn't say there is any single best way to go about anything and it's certainly possible to build your character to make any sort of tactic viable for a good number of bosses / situations. The only thing you need is the time to get to the point where you can make said tactics viable.

last q.... multiplayer is wifi only, right?

Ad Hoc too.

thx. sounds cool that you can specialize your tactics however you see fit (i assume this means if you are good at your plan/tactics, you can be successful, as opposed to any old tactic will win..haha)

as for the Des/DaS link...i really like those games too, but i know they have a narrow appeal. I'm not sure they'd be the greatest fit on vita anyway.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']thx. sounds cool that you can specialize your tactics however you see fit (i assume this means if you are good at your plan/tactics, you can be successful, as opposed to any old tactic will win..haha)

as for the Des/DaS link...i really like those games too, but i know they have a narrow appeal. I'm not sure they'd be the greatest fit on vita anyway.[/QUOTE]
It means something more like, there are easy and hard ways to beat every boss, but it all boils down to what path you want to go. Since you can always change your alignment and levels, you're constantly free to come up with any build you want to down a boss. So it might be absurd to use a sword against a rank 10 boss with max Sacrifice, but if you build your character around it, then logically you can win the fight. It all just comes down to what you want to do and how much time you want to invest.

[quote name='admiralvic']Odd, my experience was the complete opposite. The only downside to that is that I finished it in three days...[/QUOTE]

Soo... You hated it, but found yourself wanting to play it? :p

[quote name='thefurrypanda']Soo... You hated it, but found yourself wanting to play it? :p[/QUOTE]

Okay, maybe not the complete opposite, since I loved it and always found myself wanting to play it.

Too bad they did not release that sould sacrifice bundle in the us. This and gravity rush are the two games that make me want a vita. That and tear away just because its so different. Hopefully e3 will bring some new games and a price drop. Been wanting a vita since launch just didn't see it being successful. At least its doing better than the wii u.

I was intrigued by this game and would like to check it out. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is still sucking up my time on the 3DS though. I'd like to support the VITA as I think it's a great system, but I've spent a lot on it in the last year already and I guess I figured with Soul Sacrifice being a first party game, it would eventually make its way to a freebie on PS+ or at least go on super sale through the service at some point this year.

[quote name='admiralvic']Odd, my experience was the complete opposite. The only downside to that is that I finished it in three days...[/QUOTE]

I have to admit I'm completely amazed that you platted it in three days. I got it day one and play an hour or two most nights and I'm like 35% complete trophywise.

It is a pretty rad game though - having no exposure whatsoever in to the Monster Hunter series this feels like a pretty good representation of the genre. Even if it gets a little repetitive sometimes. And the challenge (for me) is about spot on.

I want to play this and I really do want to support Sony and the Vita, but I'm going to have to wait. I've just had too many other expenses over the last couple of weeks, and I can't comfortably afford it right now.

All of this feedback makes me comfortable with my $30 purchase. I can't wait to see where my opinion lays with this game! Is the tropy list unreasonably time consuming with this one?

bread's done
Back