Amazon: Stardust [Blu-ray] Pre-release! currently at $20.99

Sokvichet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not a fantastic deal, but it is a movie we've been waiting for what seems like forever to be ported to BD! Stardust is a fun, light-hearted fantasy. This is a genre that I don't usually enjoy, but this movie really touched me. I highly recommend seeing it if you haven't already.

No special packaging, and there's no news on the extras yet.

Stardust [Blu-ray]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001AQR3IU
ir

Stardust was a great movie, at least they are finally going to be releasing it on blu for us to enjoy.

I imported the Stardust BD from the UK back in November for a little under $16 after shipping. That version is, to me, a noticeable upgrade over the upconverted dvd and the sound was great.

Please note, however, that this is coming from a guy watching on a 39-in Sony Bravia with no form of surround sound or speakers other than those on the television itself.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Lots of movies come out all the time...but s thread with a high price is not needed for it. Whatever.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree, although the movie is ok it won't be long before it drops in price as its not really a deal at 20.99.

[quote name='thelonepig']I imported the Stardust BD from the UK back in November for a little under $16 after shipping. That version is, to me, a noticeable upgrade over the upconverted dvd and the sound was great.

Please note, however, that this is coming from a guy watching on a 39-in Sony Bravia with no form of surround sound or speakers other than those on the television itself.[/QUOTE]

I also bought the UK version. Since the movie as well as all the extras are region free, it can be play on any Blu-ray player. There's really no reason to wait for the US release.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stardust-Sp...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275505793&sr=8-2

I notice Amazon hasn't posted a release date for this movie yet. I checked blu-ray.com to see the price history and it seem like the movie was listed up for a 2007 release. It's been 3 years and it still hasn't been out yet.

[quote name='toogood']I notice Amazon hasn't posted a release date for this movie yet. I checked blu-ray.com to see the price history and it seem like the movie was listed up for a 2007 release. It's been 3 years and it still hasn't been out yet.[/QUOTE]

that's because Paramount is lazy :bomb:

for anyone who hasn't seen it, it has a 7.9 on IMDB and has one of the most hilarious performances ever by Robert De Niro :lol:

really a great movie not to mention the original book by Neil Gaiman which is also amazing

I just watched this the other night, I'll re-dip when it gets a cheaper though. The only other HD-DvD I'm waiting for is The Frighteners.

[quote name='Afflicted']don't usually make comments like this...

but I've never even heard of this movie...[/QUOTE]

Have you seen The Princess Bride? If you like that, you'll like this.

[quote name='buckythekat']that's because Paramount is lazy :bomb:
[/QUOTE]

Initially it (and several other Paramount BDs) were set to come out in 2007, but Paramount went HD DVD exclusive. They were all shelved. Slowly, over the past 2.5 years, Paramount has been releasing those handful or so of 'exclusive' titles typically when they see a potential tie-in. In Stardusts case, there was no feasible tie-in and because the movie bombed so hard in Theaters and DVD/HD DVD, they seem to just be cutting their losses and hope to get some sales out of it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Initially it (and several other Paramount BDs) were set to come out in 2007, but Paramount went HD DVD exclusive. They were all shelved. Slowly, over the past 2.5 years, Paramount has been releasing those handful or so of 'exclusive' titles typically when they see a potential tie-in. In Stardusts case, there was no feasible tie-in and because the movie bombed so hard in Theaters and DVD/HD DVD, they seem to just be cutting their losses and hope to get some sales out of it.[/QUOTE]

it might not have done great domestically but it more than made up its budget due to foreign box office - http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=stardust.htm

I wouldn't call that bombing

[quote name='buckythekat']it might not have done great domestically but it more than made up its budget due to foreign box office - http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=stardust.htm

I wouldn't call that bombing[/QUOTE]

With the budget (which does not include marketing) it probably barely broke even when foreign is considered. However in America it bombed hence Paramounts delay in releasing the BD. The DVD/HD DVD had very poor sales. It was a bomb. Like The Golden Compass and Narnia 2 (which Disney dumped). Studios don't want to break even. They want to atleast double.

I enjoyed the movie and I'll definetly be getting the BD. I just traded my DVD copy on Goozex now that I know it's getting ported.

I loved this movie. I didn't have any idea what it was going to be like and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like many of the other posters said, I'll get this when it drops a little but thanks for the heads up OP!

I watched the HD DVD a week or so after reading the book... I was surprised at how accurate the movie was - up until the third act, which is just about 99% different. I am a big Neil Gaiman fan, even if Stardust is one of his weaker novels IMO.

[quote name='toogood']Have you seen The Princess Bride? If you like that, you'll like this.[/QUOTE]

hmm really enjoyed the princess bride... may import this from amazon.co.uk in a couple months...

bread's done
Back