Amazon - Street Fighter X Tekken PS3/X360 $22.51 - FREE SHIPPING

Game isn't even worth that. I"ll wait till it hits five dollars then toss it on my rack. Such a horrible game that shows that Capcom doesn't know what the hell they were doing when making it. They have the gall to make fun of Namco over their Tekken X Street Fighter not being done yet they deliver a turd on a stick and call that better? Nah. I'll wait till its' the price of a quarter pounder.

i think xbox you have 12 freaking chrs to unlock and ps3 its 6. it's really just a title that could of been much better if capcom wasnt so greedy

It's a decent game, but I do agree you should wait until it's cheaper. $10 or $15 maybe.

I was giving Capcom a chance but they're quite simply embarrassing themselves now with unoriginal titles and their god awful DLC-milking.

Haven't heard much good with the DLC (Disc Locked Content) being $20 for extra characters and $100 for extra costumes. Not a deal. I'll wait until the hyper-super-dee-duper fighting ultimate CE SE PE version comes out and hits $5. OK, maybe $10.

:whistle2:ktempted to return the BB $35 SE copy...

edit:I'd better off ordering another $70 SE to get the $10 savings code & have till Oct to pm it hopefully to $25.

Well it would be $10 if you pricematched GS' price ($29.99 right now) at BB then use the coupon (which I'm tempted to do). The guy I just talked to at my local GS said that price will probably end by tomorrow night.

@DR2k
Offically no but still YMMV

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Well it would be $10 if you pricematched GS' price ($29.99 right now) at BB then use the coupon (which I'm tempted to do). The guy I just talked to at my local GS said that price will probably end by tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]price matching & @gamer coupons = Extremely YMMV double dipping denial & the back of the coupon itself considers PM'ing an "offer"

[quote name='joeboosauce']Haven't heard much good with the DLC (Disc Locked Content) being $20 for extra characters and $100 for extra costumes. Not a deal. I'll wait until the hyper-super-dee-duper fighting ultimate CE SE PE version comes out and hits $5. OK, maybe $10.[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it, that due to a licensing agreement with Namco, that a SFxT super deluxe edition isn't possible. That's why the characters are locked on the disc. That's all rumor though.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Well it would be $10 if you pricematched GS' price ($29.99 right now) at BB then use the coupon (which I'm tempted to do). The guy I just talked to at my local GS said that price will probably end by tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

No. Once the price match is done, the scanned coupon will make it $19.99 not $9.99. I'd imagine getting an override would be EXTREMELY YMMV.

[quote name='DR2K']Does bestbuy price match amazon?[/QUOTE]

Some of us have price matched Amazon at Best Buy.

i know all the lack of love the game *generally* gets but i finally opened up my best buy $20 copy, patched to the very recent balance update and had a ton of fun with the simple mechanics and fun tagging in and out. seriously, gems and dlc madness may have divided the fgc on this one, but its a super-duper fun fighting game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting and hoping BB will have a sale on this that will stack with the @Gamer coupon before it expires. Is $39.99 the new MSRP?

[quote name='ilifecomputer']i know all the lack of love the game *generally* gets but i finally opened up my best buy $20 copy, patched to the very recent balance update and had a ton of fun with the simple mechanics and fun tagging in and out. seriously, gems and dlc madness may have divided the fgc on this one, but its a super-duper fun fighting game.[/QUOTE]
Im sure most people hating on the game have never even played it

$23.99 is a good price but Im waiting and hoping it goes on sale at BB so I can use my coupon. SMH at Amazon making it $1.01 away from free shipping eligibility

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm still waiting and hoping BB will have a sale on this that will stack with the @Gamer coupon before it expires. Is $39.99 the new MSRP?[/QUOTE]

^this.

I think with $10 and $20 for the DLC, it *might* be worth it. Too bad the costumes are so much, tweaking around with customization really is half the fun of fighting games (for me). Maybe I'll just save my $$ for Tekken Tag 2... promises of no DLC-locked content might actually motivate me to pay launch prices.

I wonder if they'll have a Day 1 PS+ discount for the DLC...

Edit: Wait. Nevermind. 7-31-12 Lol. Shows you how pressed about I was after those shenanigans.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='theEchness']Just called them. no they don't. bummer[/QUOTE]
I had the gaming rep approach me in-store yesterday and after he asked me if I needed any help, he explicitly stated that they now pricematch Amazon.

It's a fun game to play. Very newbie friendly too. It has a short tutorial that goes over the basic system mechanics.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ Who does?[/QUOTE]

best buy does. I work there and we've been told that we officially price match Amazon, as of about two weeks ago.

This one gets a lot of hate as a result of the DLC debacle, but it's not awful. The problem is that MvC 3 and Street Fighter 4 are much better games, so this gets overshadowed.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']best buy does. I work there and we've been told that we officially price match Amazon, as of about two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Really? So have you pricematched SFxT already then?

ETA: Nvm, forgot that's ymmv or can't be done with the coupon.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Really? So have you pricematched SFxT already then?

ETA: Nvm, forgot that's ymmv or can't be done with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

correct. however, if a customer comes in and points out that it is 23.99 on amazon and wants to PM that, I would in a heartbeat. My store already price matches amazon on computers on a regular basis.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ Got it, cool. I'm just still wondering if this is ymmv though. It would be awesome if that isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

I guess not every associate knows about it? we have an employee news website that we're supposed to look at every shift (which is where we see future DotDs) and that's where it was posted. if an associate doesn't know, just ask them to call for a MoD. they should know.

Anyone have success getting a price adjust at BB for Amazon's price and the @Gamer coupon? I already bought my copy but it's still wrapped, not sure I want to keep it at $20 but at $3 definitely a keeper or a flip. Don't these coupons work with sale prices? Price match is kind of like a sale.

[quote name='TheBiz']Anyone have success getting a price adjust at BB for Amazon's price and the @Gamer coupon? I already bought my copy but it's still wrapped, not sure I want to keep it at $20 but at $3 definitely a keeper or a flip. Don't these coupons work with sale prices? Price match is kind of like a sale.[/QUOTE]

No. After pm'ing GS, the scanned coupon made it $19.99 instead of $9.99.

I will wait on a BB sale, too.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm still waiting and hoping BB will have a sale on this that will stack with the @Gamer coupon before it expires. Is $39.99 the new MSRP?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='apterous']^this.

[/QUOTE]

Waiting on a sale too! I have that coupon (along with the Tiger Woods 13 one) sitting in my glove box waiting for the right price. :)

[quote name='Havok83']Im sure most people hating on the game have never even played it[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The bitching is from people pissed about the dlc characters. Problem with that thinking is Capcom never promised Blanka, Elena and the others in the official release of the game. They were never advertised as part of the purchase price. People who bought the game got exactly what they paid for.
It was stupid as hell for Capcom to put the characters on the disk, but for anyone to think that just about every company that makes dlc for their games doesn't have it ready or nearly so at release is naive.
Anyway, having played the game, it's a solid fighter. Online had issues, but it's been patched. Good price for the game.

I already bought it used around that price.

The best part of the game? Knowing that I got it cheap and Capcom didn't see a penny of my money. Otherwise, the gems and the online poke fests are epic game design fails. Oh, and I also didn't buy the "DLC" unlock keys. I'm determined to buy all Capcom games used and ensure that they make no profit off of me whatsoever.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Exactly. The bitching is from people pissed about the dlc characters. Problem with that thinking is Capcom never promised Blanka, Elena and the others in the official release of the game. They were never advertised as part of the purchase price. People who bought the game got exactly what they paid for.
It was stupid as hell for Capcom to put the characters on the disk, but for anyone to think that just about every company that makes dlc for their games doesn't have it ready or nearly so at release is naive.
Anyway, having played the game, it's a solid fighter. Online had issues, but it's been patched. Good price for the game.[/QUOTE]
No I think there's a valid reasn to hate on the DLC character and how Cpacom has handled the microtransactions process with this game bc lets face it; its been downright terrible. I just think a good chunk of the people that say the actual game is terrible and badmouth its quality have never touched it. Capcom is one of the best at making fighters and I tried this game and it seems up to par with the quality they are known for. The game is far from horrible. Capcom's business practices are but that doesnt equal a bad game. I wish people would make that distinction and not slander it without even trying it

bread's done
Back