Amazon Superhero/Anime DVD Event - Up to 45% off...

bigdaddybruce44

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Just saw this in my e-mail.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=pe_26680_9805310_fe_exp_1/?&node=672572011

Also, there is a bonus "Batman Bundle" deal. Buy three qualifying Batman DVDs, which are already on sale, and you get an additional 10% off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_7139302_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000243321&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

EDIT: I'm somewhat torn here. I can pick up JL S2, JLU S1, and JLU S2 for about $48 shipped, but I see that they are bringing out Season 1 on BD next month. Any word on whether or not the other seasons will follow? If so, I might wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, that's better. I'm lookin at the other sale and it's Naruto and Gash Bell. GUH. Batman and new Justice League is good stuff, though.

Batman Beyond complete series for $35.07 works for Jer! Couldn't get my info in fast enough.

That second season being $12.99 (before add'l 10% off) instead of $34.99 helps.

Thanks Subby!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']EDIT: I'm somewhat torn here. I can pick up JL S2, JLU S1, and JLU S2 for about $48 shipped, but I see that they are bringing out Season 1 on BD next month. Any word on whether or not the other seasons will follow? If so, I might wait.[/quote]

If you can hold out for a little bit, thedigitalbits rumored a Batman:TAS deluxe box coming out this Christmas. If it does well, wouldn't be surprised to see a JL/JLU box set soon after.

I picked up JL 1 & 2 and JLU 1 & 2 for $65.21 after the batman 10% off.

I've been thinking about getting these sets for a while and i could not pass up the price for all seasons.

I've been meaning to pick up the Batman for awhile, so I went ahead and ordered all 4 seasons included in the 10% off sale. I've only seen a few episodes here and there, but what I saw wasn't too bad (though not as great as TAS) and I'm interested in watching the show from the beginning.

I'm really tempted to get the four JL sets, but I already bought Batman:TAS 1-4 and Batman Beyond 2, 3, and Joker's Return, so I know I shouldn't spend the money on them. :/

I might get Batman Beyond Seasons 2 and 3. Anyone who doesn't have the animated Batman movies should grab those up too.

Justice League is worth it at full price, so I wholeheartedly recommend getting that series through this sale. Same deal for Batman TAS, but I think everyone already knew that.

Also good - Spider-Man: The New Animated Series. It only ran for one season and ends on a cliffhanger, and the animation takes some getting used to, but the writing is among the best I've ever seen in a Spidey cartoon. It's quite a good show.

Watsu's right. The CG Spider-Man series nails the character perfectly, which is more than anyone can say for the movies. Plus he's voiced by Neil Patrick Harris.

Well, I ended up completing my Justice League collection. If they do come out on Blu-ray, they would probably cost me a lot more. Maybe, someday down the road. Until then, these sets will do me fine.

Finally had a perfect excuse to pick up the 3 Batman: TAS DVDs, I used the Batman bundle deal and ordered those 3 and the 2 JL:U seasons for less than 87 shipped, but I never saw a 10% off; I'll email them about it. Amazon CS is top-notch and I am sure that'll be straightened out shortly.

Edit: It's been fixed -- total is about 81 dollars.

for some reason, when i add all 4 boxes of JL and JLU it doesnt show up

the 10% off doesnt show up, is this deal dead?

the total is still 72, it should be 65.

I thought i'd share this just in case it hasn't been fixed and anyone cares about it. I was just watching my set of JL season 2 and noticed the episode listing on the box and the actual episodes on discs 3 and 4 are off. I don't know if it's been fixed since i bought mine.

It has "Secret Society" as being on disc 4 on the box, but it's actually on disc 3.

Last night, I doubled-checked and realized that I didn't get the 10% off my order, either. I e-mailed CS and within a few hours, they gave me a $10 promo, which worked out well, considering I would have only saved about $5.

i'd hold off on either of the Batman TAS box sets. The video quality is GODAWFUL, full of macroblocking, artifacts, digital noise, and dirt. The dirt is expected but the poor encoding is not. WB purposely made a bad encode so they could re-master it later and double dip your asses. I'll wait for the re-mastered Blu-ray which should probably be within 1-3 years.

[quote name='Geohound Omega']The 10% off Batman-related DVDs promotion is probably over, it was up in the week or two of Dark Knight's release.[/quote]

The link still works, though, so it is worth shooting them an e-mail. I put my order in on the 30th or so.

[quote name='sparklecopy']i'd hold off on either of the Batman TAS box sets. The video quality is GODAWFUL, full of macroblocking, artifacts, digital noise, and dirt. The dirt is expected but the poor encoding is not. WB purposely made a bad encode so they could re-master it later and double dip your asses. I'll wait for the re-mastered Blu-ray which should probably be within 1-3 years.[/quote]

I can see that being a valid complaint for sure, it's just that if/when these are released on Blu-ray (I imagine the success of the upcoming JLA set will determine this) they will not be this cheap and rather be almost triple the price, if not more, than what Amazon is selling them at here.

[quote name='sparklecopy']i'd hold off on either of the Batman TAS box sets. The video quality is GODAWFUL, full of macroblocking, artifacts, digital noise, and dirt. The dirt is expected but the poor encoding is not. WB purposely made a bad encode so they could re-master it later and double dip your asses. I'll wait for the re-mastered Blu-ray which should probably be within 1-3 years.[/quote]

Well if you are expecting prestine animation from a 90's cartoon for under $20, then you are on drugs. You will have to wait and pay probably $50-80 per volume if they remaster them on bluray.

The quality is not as bad as described and I doubt they tried to make a bad encode, but I wouldn't say they made any effort to clean it up. So to sum up, if you enjoyed it on tv and won't cry over small artifacts, then this is completely worth it.

bread's done
Back