Amazon-Take $10 of any $50+ item if you have the STORE CARD -Works with COD Black Ops

TheBigmac

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
First Things first, for those in doubt, the amazon Store Card is NOT the Amazon Chase visa credit card. The Store card is simply a line of credit with amazon and can only be used at amazon.com.

I didn't have the store card, and it took me 60 seconds to get approved. Once with the card in my account, I canceled my Black Ops pre-order and re-ordered immediately using coupon SCTENOFF

So for those who have the store card, (or for those willing to apply for it - you get instant approval if your credit is OK), you can cancel your Black ops pre-order and re-order immediately and the final order will look like this:

------------------------------
Items: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Points applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00

Total Before Tax: $49.99

------------------------------

You still get the $20 amazon credit after the order ships.

Link to apply for the Store Card for those who want it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcar...55toyob&plattr=1YPSAC&ad=02AG&imp=62069941191

The coupon for the $10 off is SCTENOFF

I know many people don't like the idea of applying for a card just to save $10 off a game but I honestly don't care and to make it even better, I paid with an amazon gift card so I'm not even paying interest on this. (The store card was still selected as payment method so the coupon would be activated but after the gift card my total read zero). So after all discounts I'm getting Black Ops for $27.50 (I got an extra 5% off, for purchasing amazon gift cards prior to 10/31).

Happy canceling and re-ordering. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a gift card to purchase Black Ops, do you think they will let me refund my gift card cash and reapply the purchase and get the store credit and etc?

EDIT: Nvm, they are asking me for my income. I doubt they will give me the credit since I don't have an internship and am still attending school >_>

[quote name='Flame Killa']So.. As long as I pay everything in full, I shouldn't have any fees, right?[/QUOTE]

That's right. I actually paid in gift cards that I purchased with other card and emailed to myself so I wouldn't incur in any interest or financing fees (let alone I purchased thos gift cards before oct 31st so amazon is giving me an additional $2.50 off). But at the bottom, the store card still showed up as the default payment method so the coupon would work. My black ops pre-order looks like this:

Items: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Points applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00

Total Before Tax: $49.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $49.99
-----

Grand Total: $0.00

[quote name='N1nj4_KO']I used a gift card to purchase Black Ops, do you think they will let me refund my gift card cash and reapply the purchase and get the store credit and etc?

EDIT: Nvm, they are asking me for my income. I doubt they will give me the credit since I don't have an internship and am still attending school >_>[/QUOTE]

The answer is yes, if you cancel and reorder, all gift cards used on the cancelled order go back to your account and you can use them immdiately when re-ordering (That what I did with my black ops pre-order).

As for the income, I have a friend who is in college but lives with his parents. He applied for a credit card and in the income section he used his household income. (He doesn't work so he has no personal income) and he was instantly approved. Bottom line is, even thou he opened the card on his name, his parents are the ones who pay for the card expenses.

I don't even think credit card companies even verify that kind of stuff. Just put a realistic estimate for your household.

Thanks, sorry I almost forgot I also applied my RDR $20 credit to the purchase of Black Ops, would I get that refunded or should I ask the sales reps from Amazon. Just wondering since I know CAGs are pros when it comes to find these things out =D

EDIT: Just called and I found out they will send me a new e-mail with the code in it since I used the old one. Looks like I'll be doing this after all. And my parents don't pay for my expenses. I pay everything myself since they aren't here.

EDIT2: Sorry, I just wanted to know. Will I be charged anything? I pay everything up front and never use financing as an option. Will this affect me or will I just get the $10 credit? Wanted to be fool proof, I'm a fool ><

EDIT3: Sorry for the editing and such. I received a message after the submitting of the form:
Thank you for applying for the Amazon.com Store Card. If you have provided us with your email address, you may receive a response by email within 4-5 days. If you have not, you will receive a response by mail within 7-10 days. For your records, your reference number is: XXXXXX

Is there anything wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='N1nj4_KO']EDIT2: Sorry, I just wanted to know. Will I be charged anything? I pay everything up front and never use financing as an option. Will this affect me or will I just get the $10 credit? Wanted to be fool proof, I'm a fool >

great, amazon customer service told me to contact GE Money's Customer Service department. I love copy-pasted responses.

another email and then call if this response sucks.

Wierd... fine print says the discount is only good til August 2010.

1. To receive the $10 off discount:

1. Write down promo code SCTENOFF.

2. Add Amazon sold items to your shopping cart.

3. Select Amazon.com Store Card as your payment method. If you have 1-Click turned on, go through standard checkout (do not click the 1-Click button).

4. At checkout, enter the promotional code and click the Apply button. The savings will be deducted from your order total.

Avoid Common Mistakes: Make sure you have selected Amazon.com Store Card as your payment method. If you already have a saved payment method, you will need to change your payment method to the Amazon.com Store Card on the order review page or payment page. Make sure you have entered the correct promo code, SCTENOFF. Make sure you have items sold by Amazon.com to your cart. This offer is not valid for items that cannot be purchased with the Amazon.com Store Card.

Promotion Terms and Conditions:
Limited to one (1) per customer account. Offer valid only for purchases made between August 26, 2010 and August 31, 2010. Offer must be redeemed through the Amazon.com shopping cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click where Amazon.com Store Card is not the payment method. If your purchase is less than $10, you will not be credited for the remaining savings. Offer must be redeemed at the Amazon.com Web site, http://www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of products sold by Amazon.com and eligible for purchase with the Amazon.com Store Card.

How was the discount code able to work for some of you?

Considering it's already expired...?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Wierd... fine print says the discount is only good til August 2010.

How was the discount code able to work for some of you?

Considering it's already expired...?[/QUOTE]

I just tried to use this and it didn't work for me. I saw a post on slickdeals with tons of people saying it's good until November 12th but when I visit the link to the Amazon credit page I see no such thing. The weird thing is that when I sign out and go back to the page I do see the $10 off $50 purchase through November 12th deal there. Looks like for some reason it's not the same for everyone.

bread's done
Back