Amazon taking pre-order for *new* Nintendo Points cards...

Kilraven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
...and it's $25. This is for both the DSi and Wii. The original Wii Points card is still a hair under $20. If this is accurate, then fuck that. I'm not paying an extra 5 bucks for DSware, let alone pay more for anything on the VC/Wiiware side. However, Buy.com is accepting pre-orders for $21 (still 2 bucks higher than their Wii Points card); so the Amazon price may be incorrect (or the Buy is trying to undercut for a bit).

Has anyone else seen this? We've got less than a month until release, so I'd think any discrepancies would've been corrected by now.

I apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this.

I've seen quite a range on pricing for both 360 and Wii Points cards at stores in my area; much of the time $22 is the more common high price I see, $25 was the most I've seen so far. I guess in the end, what will matter most is what Nintendo will charge for points in the Wii Shop, and it would be a rather dumb decision to suddenly devalue points cards by 20% this late in the game.

I've seen the regular Wii Points cards for $24.99 a few times and back when they first came out, my TRU had them marked for $29.99.

[quote name='vherub']amazon has the same $24.99 msrp for the old card, so they will probably do the same and have it be $20[/QUOTE]

That's a good point, this is likely just an MSRP placeholder that will change when the new cards are actually released, since as you said, Amazon's old card page says "List Price: $24.99"

bread's done
Back