[Amazon] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition ($99.99)- PlayStation 3 Preorder is up

The 20-something in me wants this, but the 30-something with a kid and a desire to reduce clutter in the house can't pull the trigger.  Modern life is rubbish. 

Glad to know it's not just me, but I hope yours doesn't get cancelled. I'd like to know if anyone's has shipped from Namco. Like I said earlier, I placed my order well before it went OOS on Thursday. What time did you order yours?
Damn, I just got canceled. No refund yet, so I'm guessing that takes awhile? :/ Ofc cancelled right after the amazon stockup

not surprising, amazon is the only retailer that restocked. it happens with almost every rare /sold out collectors edition. amazon always some how end up having excess stock .
It's not excess stock so much as speculators canceling their orders or having invalid methods of payment.

I had a $30 promo credit, so I just placed an order on the waiting list. I have the one I preordered, so I am just shooting for a low number this time. I figure if AZN bought the extra stock, they may have low numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not excess stock so much as speculators canceling their orders or having invalid methods of payment.
I had one preordered as soon as it had a listing on Amazon, and had to cancel it last week since I found out my wife is pregnant. So congratz to whoever got that one. :/

So while we wait for our Amazon orders to be cancelled, anyone mind explaining to me the obsession with low numbers? Don't really know why someone would value a number in the thousands over a number in the ten thousands.

So while we wait for our Amazon orders to be cancelled, anyone mind explaining to me the obsession with low numbers? Don't really know why someone would value a number in the thousands over a number in the ten thousands.
I could see an obsessive-compulsive collector paying more for a lower number or "special" number (e.g., 1/18000, 12345/18000). There are some weird people out there. :???:

There is some methodology to the madness of Amazon "always having stock after release":

1) Amazon holds a small percentage of its inventory for damaged / defective units (proportional to the amount of stock they have).

2) Returns are put back into the pool if still in new condition (not new can end up in the Amazon Warehouse)

3) Orders that had payment declined and pass threshold for update

So this is why we get a small window to order things that go out of stock shortly after release. Keep it in mind for future shopping.

There is some methodology to the madness of Amazon "always having stock after release":

1) Amazon holds a small percentage of its inventory for damaged / defective units (proportional to the amount of stock they have).

2) Returns are put back into the pool if still in new condition (not new can end up in the Amazon Warehouse)

3) Orders that had payment declined and pass threshold for update

So this is why we get a small window to order things that go out of stock shortly after release. Keep it in mind for future shopping.
i remember when last of us surivial edition were sold out everywhere after release, magically amazon was the only place that had it in stock for a while.

Namco order still isn't shipped or updated or cancelled. Amazon order still hasn't shipped or moved into "shipping now" despite the fact I ordered several items after it yesterday and they all show "shipping now".

I get the feeling I'm not getting a copy haha.

Placed my order around 7:30 last night w/ amazon. Hoping I can get it, but not the end of the world if I don't. Unfortunately was unemployed and couldn't afford this when pre-orders were open. Would be just as happy to get one later on as well if they do decide to reprint. Don't really care about getting a numbered one.

Reprint? Seems the set was supposed to be limited to what 15,000 then increased to 18,000 copies? Now maybe even more? http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/05/3000-tales-symphonia-chronicles-collectors-editions-will-made/

So it would seem that maybe those of us who get in on the Amazon order actually have a fighting chance. Sucks as I just bought the standard game yesterday prior to this coming back up.
Old news. The 3,000 was already part of the 18,000 that were released last Tuesday. There is no reprint, these restocks at Amazon and Namco are likely just orders where payment didn't clear or extras for damage/returns that weren't needed.

Seriously? I thought they said they would get it to you overnight.
Damn, I think my support caller must have messed up what I had said. I did tell her I wanted a refund if they were all out. She herself was saying it showed OOS on the site, so maybe she just took it wrong and just refunded me.

was interested in the game for while, just missed pre ordering so walked away ignore it. figure take a chance when someone posted link last night saying more were in stock an got this email today

Delivery Estimate Wednesday, March 5, 2014 by 8:00pm
Shipped

so nice surprise an looking forward too the CE i'll post what number i got when it arrives

Old news. The 3,000 was already part of the 18,000 that were released last Tuesday. There is no reprint, these restocks at Amazon and Namco are likely just orders where payment didn't clear or extras for damage/returns that weren't needed.
Any idea then why it is still orderable? The link has been "temporarily" oos without order limit for a while now and is still up.

Damn, I think my support caller must have messed up what I had said. I did tell her I wanted a refund if they were all out. She herself was saying it showed OOS on the site, so maybe she just took it wrong and just refunded me.
That could certainly have been the case. My order still hasn't budged, but it isn't cancelled. I emailed support about the situation but God knows when I'll get a reply. I couldn't find a phone number. I decided to place an order on Amazon, just in case.

Placed my order around 7:30 last night w/ amazon. Hoping I can get it, but not the end of the world if I don't. Unfortunately was unemployed and couldn't afford this when pre-orders were open. Would be just as happy to get one later on as well if they do decide to reprint. Don't really care about getting a numbered one.
Amazon doesn't charge until ship though, you can go crazy with preorder and cancel appropriately close to release depending on your financial situation.

Any idea then why it is still orderable? The link has been "temporarily" oos without order limit for a while now and is still up.
Because most likely, Namco being the second rate company they are, weren't able to get all the CE's to distributors for release. It can't be a coincidence that all numbers are either in the 13,000 - 18,000 (Amazon) or sub 5,000 (Gamestop).

You don't complete a reprint in a matter of two weeks.

Woah... just managed to get one from Gamestop and realized it's numbered 00216/18000.

Is a low numbered one of these significant considering the apparent rarity of these right now?  Honestly, I just wanted it for the steelbook, but now I'm not sure I should even open it..

Woah... just managed to get one from Gamestop and realized it's numbered 00216/18000.

Is a low numbered one of these significant considering the apparent rarity of these right now? Honestly, I just wanted it for the steelbook, but now I'm not sure I should even open it..
No. If a collector is going to pay a premium for something numbered it's either going to be numbers < 10 or a specific number that they are obsessive about. If you were planning on reselling it you might be able to milk an extra $5 or $10 out of the fact yours is less then 500

Is a low numbered one of these significant considering the apparent rarity of these right now? Honestly, I just wanted it for the steelbook, but now I'm not sure I should even open it..
i wouldnt open it if i were you

If my Birthday was Feb 16th I would give you $100 for that copy in a heart beat.

Yeah some numbers mean something to some people...I personally try to get a numbered item that has to do with the series/subject if possible and I have a choice. Or if it is a sports card, I try to get the players number...

Ordered one even though I don't have a PS3. Played the GC  version and loved it. The package look so awesome. Am I insane here?

Amazon took down "Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition" listing. Only the resellers are left.

Huge flood of cancel orders are coming in the next few days.

Anyone still trying to get one, check the store locator on gamestop. Some of them have the "pick up in store" option now. Dunno if it's cause of cancelled preorders or what, but the option definitely wasn't there yesterday for all the ones that i was looking at.

Anyone still trying to get one, check the store locator on gamestop. Some of them have the "pick up in store" option now. Dunno if it's cause of cancelled preorders or what, but the option definitely wasn't there yesterday for all the ones that i was looking at.
I call one gamestop that's 28 miles away and they have one for sale, so i asked them to hold it for me till tomorrow morning since i got work today. Hoping gamestop don't mess up on me when i get their to pick up.

Why is it OOS at Amazon anyway? lol Aren't these limited? The only one left are the ones they hold in case of damages and defects. Weird.

Amazon just updated my estimated delivery date to March 8th... Oooh boy.
Mine has shown estimated delivery March 7th since I ordered it and it still hasn't moved into shipping now at any point. However on a positive note I just in the last 15 minutes got shipping confirmation of my Namco order.

Not a stupid question at all. It was OoS when I ordered it.
Oh snap, should of read previous posts. I ordered it OoS too and still no update. Probably will get canned but I couldn't be lucky. Doesn't hurt to order as they likely compensate me for my troubles.

Please keep us updated with your order mate!

Namco order has shipped so I'm relieved. Cancelled my Amazon order. Now it says there will be delivery delays for ToX CE due to weather conditions so I'm assuming ToS will be delayed as well. Really hoping to get by the end of the week though.

Finally, I received the shipping confirmation from Namco, and my Amazon order is preparing to shipping. It's a win-win for me, but my wallet is crying. 

Oh snap, should of read previous posts. I ordered it OoS too and still no update. Probably will get canned but I couldn't be lucky. Doesn't hurt to order as they likely compensate me for my troubles.

Please keep us updated with your order mate!
My order status has been changed to "Shipping Soon" and I have been charged for the order. Now if only it gets here and it isn't damaged too all hell...

For those that have played this new PS3 edition - do you guys have any feedback on the game?  I read in a couple of reviews that it is pretty - but still a bit jaggy from its Gamecube roots.   Wouldn't bother me much, but just wanted to hear it from my fellow players...

For those that have played this new PS3 edition - do you guys have any feedback on the game? I read in a couple of reviews that it is pretty - but still a bit jaggy from its Gamecube roots. Wouldn't bother me much, but just wanted to hear it from my fellow players...
It's a lazy port. 30fps instead of 60 like the GC. That's the only problem I have with it. That and many scenes and skits are not voice acted unless it is played in Japanese..

bread's done
Back