Amazon - Tales of Vesperia Premium - 55.99

[quote name='MSI Magus']*remembers people in the ToV Premium topic insisting this was going to be an incredibly rare game*[/quote]

probably in like 5-10 years :p

[quote name='endlessPRO']probably in like 5-10 years :p[/QUOTE]

Hey I hope so so my copy becomes valuable. But the point was people were insisting it was going to sell out in short order and immediately be a $100 ebay kind of game. I bet it maintains value in the long run.

I'm not going to open mine. I'll get a cheap regular edition to play, since I've got so much other stuff to play anyway. I'm hoping it holds its value at least. I am a little peeved I didn't take the risk and wait until it hit 55 bucks.

Is it worth it?
smile.gif

[quote name='Sparta11']Is it worth it?
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

I have enjoyed mine so far. Its VERY long and the plots pretty decent so far. Gameplay is typical tales flare, I liked ToS gameplay better but ToV is still great.

[quote name='jcmproch']shit, I just bought this 2 days ago![/quote]if it didn't ship out yet, you're still OK and can ask them to adjust the price.

If it's in the shipping process, then you still should be able to ask them to adjust the price.

If it shows that it shipped out, with a tracking # on the order, there's nothing you can do.

i am a been tales series fan .

might have to get a xbox 360 later in the future because of this game and star ocean :p

some tale series go for good amount but since the economy is bad some went down some :/

[quote name='shrike4242']if it didn't ship out yet, you're still OK and can ask them to adjust the price.

If it's in the shipping process, then you still should be able to ask them to adjust the price.

If it shows that it shipped out, with a tracking # on the order, there's nothing you can do.[/quote]

thanks, but it shipped out already.. oh well, sure I'll make it up by scoring a future deal on something fellow CAGers post in the future!

[quote name='jcmproch']thanks, but it shipped out already.. oh well, sure I'll make it up by scoring a future deal on something fellow CAGers post in the future![/quote]Well, if you don't mind making a second order and shipping the original order back at your cost, you'll get back the $14 - whatever you pay to ship it back.

Amazon will charge you $4.49 if you use their return label to send it back, FYI. I had to send back Eternal Poison when it dropped after shipment and they said they were going to pay for the shipment back. When they screwed up the credit, they withheld $4.49 from the credit back to my credit card. From their site, that's what they withhold from the full return price if you send back a single game.

Did Namco ever release whatever the special online download was supposed to be for the Limited Edition? I remember there being a code and a website inside of the casing.

If you don't have this already, I think this is a fair price point to grab it. It's really a special RPG centered on the characters more than anything else.

[quote name='GuardianE']Did Namco ever release whatever the special online download was supposed to be for the Limited Edition? I remember there being a code and a website inside of the casing.

If you don't have this already, I think this is a fair price point to grab it. It's really a special RPG centered on the characters more than anything else.[/QUOTE]

Ya I have been watching this forever and not seen it.

if I never played any of the other tales games before and this is my first, will my experience be better or worse? I wasn't sure if it was somewhat of a continuation type thing or if it was like the FF series where they're all completely different and not related.

I've been playing my copy of ToV since it came out, I'm around 36 hours and only 2/3 of the way done with the game. I find the combat to be typical of the Tales series, but a bit faster and with some more options for extending combos, which keeps it interesting. Some of the boss battles provide a good challenge too! All in all this game was easily the best value of the year for me, it was worth every penny of the full price I paid.

[quote name='Vinny']This'll keep falling... it's not rare or limited at all.[/quote]

there are 10 left in stock

[quote name='jcmproch']there are 10 left in stock[/QUOTE]

And it only took them 3 months to get to only "10 left in stock". So maybe it can't fall in price anymore but it definitely received large print.

[quote name='jcmproch']there are 10 left in stock[/quote]

and now it says 12... this is not "limited."

Just like the PS3 MGS4 "Limited Edition" Bundle or insert any "Limited Edition" bundle created recently, it's not so limited...

[quote name='Vinny']And it only took them 3 months to get to only "10 left in stock". So maybe it can't fall in price anymore but it definitely received large print.[/quote]

Idk, no stores around here got them, plus this isn't hugely popular game to the masses of the US. Nobody knows the print numbers but the publisher.

[quote name='cmart05']and now it says 12... this is not "limited."

Just like the PS3 MGS4 "Limited Edition" Bundle or insert any "Limited Edition" bundle created recently, it's not so limited...[/quote]

wrong, that is 12 starting at 59.99 going up to 129.99.. thats not Amazon's stock thats the number of new copies available and the starting price.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I bought it because of the art book, steelbook case. I personally could care less how rare it is.[/quote]

same here, for personal collection

[quote name='Vinny']And it only took them 3 months to get to only "10 left in stock". So maybe it can't fall in price anymore but it definitely received large print.[/quote]They only got it back in stock this or last week afaik.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Hey I hope so so my copy becomes valuable. But the point was people were insisting it was going to sell out in short order and immediately be a $100 ebay kind of game. I bet it maintains value in the long run.[/quote]It was $100+ on eBay even last week. Check completed listings.

[quote name='kidrocklive']if I never played any of the other tales games before and this is my first, will my experience be better or worse? I wasn't sure if it was somewhat of a continuation type thing or if it was like the FF series where they're all completely different and not related.[/quote]Each is unrelated. Vesperia's a great point to start if you haven't already.

[quote name='Firestorm']It was $100+ on eBay even last week. Check completed listings.[/quote]

Why would people pay $100+ for it on eBay when it's been selling for $70 all along on Amazon before this? I don't think it's ever been sold out on Amazon for a lengthy period of time..

In any case, this has a nice steelbook case, but just a word of advice for those expecting some nice hardcover art book or something in it: The so-called "artbook" is just about 10+ additional pages to the normal manual. That's all.

[quote name='kazunori']The so-called "artbook" is just about 10+ additional pages to the normal manual. That's all.[/quote]

wow, that sucks. Is the soundtrack any good?

I wouldn't buy this version for the "art book." There is no art book. There's a section in the manual with some art; that's it.

^ I'm assuming nothing is ever going to happen to it. That page has been the same for almost four months now, and when I e-mailed them about it, they had no idea when/what the "special bonus" was going to be.

I'm assuming it's never going to happen. NamcoBandai has a habit of disappointing people.

[quote name='kidrocklive']wow, that sucks. Is the soundtrack any good?[/quote]

Soundtrack was ok. I gave it a listen about 2-3 times, a handful of nice tracks, but nothing really too memorable to me.
Maybe longtime Tales fans would get more joy out of it, cause I've only played Abyss and Symphonia prior to Vesperia.

This is a pretty good deal, and anyone who's interested in RPG's should give the game a try. Like one of the comments said, it's a very long game, but not long as in a lot of grind like other games, but long with a lot of story and dialog and gameplay. All in all, a must play for any RPG fan. I wish I had waited to get this deal though.

[quote name='shrike4242']if it didn't ship out yet, you're still OK and can ask them to adjust the price.

If it shows that it shipped out, with a tracking # on the order, there's nothing you can do.[/quote]
If it has shipped out, just refuse shipment when it arrives. Amazon will refund it in full (well, they told me to do so on an order and they did refund the full amount).

If you have opened the package, you'll have to ship it back at your cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']If it has shipped out, just refuse shipment when it arrives. Amazon will refund it in full (well, they told me to do so on an order and they did refund the full amount).

If you have opened the package, you'll have to ship it back at your cost.[/quote]

yeah, idk.. I'll just eat the lose this time.. thanks for all the ideas tho CAGers!

[quote name='opportunity777']10 left at that price.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I would trust that quantity drop down as an indicator of how many they have left, unless Fable II and Last Remnant (as examples among many) only have 3 copies left...

[quote name='Covnam']I don't think I would trust that quantity drop down as an indicator of how many they have left, unless Fable II and Last Remnant (as examples among many) only have 3 copies left...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed there seems to be some new limiter on it.

bread's done
Back