Amazon Trade-In FAQ 6.0

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THIS IS NOT A FLIPPING THREAD. USEFUL CREDIT TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES WELCOME, BUT KEEP THE PROFIT MARGIN TALK / SNEAKY OR LYING SHENANIGANS OUT

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. IF YOU CUT OUT A UPC OR DO ANYTHING TO TRICK THE FINE(?) FOLKS AT AFS EXPECT IT TO BE OPENED AND REJECTED. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

Where do I trade in video games on Amazon?

On the Amazon Video Game Trade-In Store or on all (desktop) video games product detail pages. Customers can find the trade-in feature right below the price and above the platform selection on all desktop video games product detail pages while shopping for new video games.

-- FAQ

-- BlueLobstah

-- CheapAssGamer

THANKS TO HANDSOMEPETE, DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about AFS smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 1/18/2015)
Can I post a question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
You bet!

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, previously known as NorAm International. Now known as AFS (Amazon Fulfillment Services).

What are Amazon's T&Cs for trade-ins?

Trade-In Program Terms & Conditions

• Your participation in the trade-in program (the "Program") is subject to the terms and conditions stated below, Amazon.com's Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice, and all rules and policies for the Program included on Amazon.com, including those stated in Frequently Asked Questions and Help pages (collectively, "Program Terms").
  • Items you submit for trade-in using the Program must be shipped only from the United States or APO/FPO, and you must have a physical address or P.O. Box located in the United States or APO/FPO. Products shipped from outside the United States or APO/FPO may not be accepted or returned.
  • Items you submit for trade-in using the Program are subject to acceptance by us, and may be purchased by us or a third-party merchant participating in the Program.
  • Items we accept will be purchased from you and you will be paid for the items with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) issued for the value of your trade-in. Amazon.com Gift Cards are subject to the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms & Conditions. The Amazon.com Gift Card(s) will be deposited directly into your Amazon.com account. You will not be entitled to any other payment for items you submit for trade-in using the Program.
  • You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to sell all items you submit for trade-in using the Program, that the items are not counterfeit or stolen, and that your submission of them complies fully with the Program Terms. We may use a stolen goods database to determine if submitted items were ever reported stolen.
  • The items you submit must meet the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion, or such items will be rejected. Rejected items will be subject to the Rejected Items terms and conditions below.
  • Prior to choosing a condition for your item, you must review the condition description presented to you during the trade-in submission process, inspect your item thoroughly and ensure that it meets the condition criteria you specify. We will inspect your item against the same condition criteria.
  • We cannot confirm the trade-in value (TIV) of an item until We receive your trade-in. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may display an inaccurate TIV. If the correct TIV of an item is lower than the stated TIV, we may, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions on whether you wish to submit the trade-in at the correct TIV or cancel your trade-in and notify you of such cancellation. If your trade-in is cancelled due to an incorrect TIV, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for the returned item.
  • We reserve the right to cancel any trade-in in our sole discretion, including without limitation if certain quantity limits are reached. If we cancel a trade-in that you have already shipped, we will return the item to you at no additional cost. You will not receive any payment for a canceled trade-in.
  • We may terminate your participation in the Program at any time in our sole discretion, including without limitation if you submit items for trade-in that do not meet the condition criteria you specify or are counterfeit or stolen.
  • We may revise the Program Terms at any time and may suspend or terminate the Program at any time without notice to you.

Rejected Items
  • Items are inspected upon receipt using the Product Condition Criteria, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Items failing to meet the Product Condition Criteria will be rejected ("Rejected items"). You will not receive any payment for Rejected Items.
  • We will not return the following Rejected Items to you: Lost, Undeliverable, or Counterfeit items. We will dispose of Undeliverable items in our sole discretion.
    "Lost" items are items that are lost in transit.
  • "Undeliverable" items are items that were rejected and returned to you, but were returned by the carrier back to us as undeliverable.
  • "Counterfeit" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store, but are counterfeit reproductions of the originals.

[*]We may, in our sole discretion, dispose of or return to you the following Rejected Items: Extra, Damaged, Incorrect, or Incomplete items.
  • "Extra" items are items received by us but not on the trade-in list.
  • "Damaged" items are items that match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store but are not in any acceptable condition.
  • "Incorrect" items are items that do not match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store.
  • "Incomplete" items are items that are missing any required components, as specified in the Condition Criteria (like CD-ROMs) that were included in the original item.

[*]We may, in our sole discretion, accept Incorrect items for trade-in. If the Incorrect item is eligible for trade-in, we may provide you with an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the Incorrect item instead of disposing of or returning the Incorrect item to you.
[*]We will return the following Rejected Items to you: Downgraded items.
  • "Downgraded" items are items that are graded in a lower acceptable condition than what was specified during the submission.

[*]However, if the item was Downgraded to a lower condition that is still eligible for trade-in, and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option, then you will receive an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV for the lower condition instead of receiving the item back from us. Rejection reasons and return package tracking progress can be viewed from Your Trade-In Account .
[*]In addition, we may not return items to you if the number of Rejected Items received from you reaches a limit that is determined by us in our sole discretion.

Instant Payment
  • If you are eligible for and choose to participate in Instant Payment, you will receive Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV at the time you initiate a trade-in.
  • Your participation in Instant Payment is subject to these terms and conditions, as well as the Program Terms.
  • Eligibility for Instant Payment is determined at our sole discretion and may change at any time without notice.
  • Instant Payment may be offered on eligible trade-ins and you have the option to accept or reject this option for a trade-in. Once your choice is made for a particular trade-in, it cannot be changed.
  • Instant Payment requires you to select a valid payment method which you have the legal right to use. Once the payment method is selected for a particular trade-in, it cannot be changed
  • If you selected Instant Payment and we have delivered you an Amazon.com Gift Card(s) in the amount of the TIV, then you authorize us to:
    charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) if you cancel the trade-in;
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) if no items are received within 25 calendar days;
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) issued for any Rejected item, unless the item was Downgraded and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option; and
  • charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s) less an amount equal to the actual TIV for the trade-in product determined in the grading process if the item was Downgraded and you opted to receive the TIV for the lower condition when you selected the return option.

[*]We will not be liable for any charges, interest, or other fees incurred by you due to the need to charge your payment method for the Amazon.com Gift Card(s).
[*]In the event your payment method must be charged but the transaction cannot be completed successfully, we reserve the right to pursue any available remedies.
[*]We may limit or restrict the number and amount of Instant Payment trade-ins you can place in our sole discretion, including under the following scenarios:
  • You have Instant Payments outstanding
  • Your payment method failed validation
  • We were unable to charge your payment method successfully
  • Any abuse of this program

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. Just use the address on the amazon provided shipping label and make sure to get some sort of tracking.

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv and not in the written rules. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip? (Updated 9/9/13)
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

Some step by step directions:
1. Go to your trade-in page on Amazon and find the Trade-In ID of the transaction:

Trade-In Placed:

August 24, 2013

• Total Amount Submitted: $35.00
  • Amount Paid: $0.00
2. Copy the entire Trade-In ID (i.e. TRN-1234567-1234567) to your clipboard by highlighting it and hitting Ctrl+C or right click -> copy with your mouse

3. Paste the Trade-In ID to the end of this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=

So it should look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/multicondition-your-account/print-label/ref=trdrt_ya_yaprnt?ie=UTF8&orderID=TRN-1234567-1234567

The Print Shipping Label screen for that trade should now come up.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 10/11/12)
Usually a day or two with little delay at all. It may take multiple days or even weeks if it's an usual item/hardware.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but AFS seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can! Don't expect greater than 'acceptable' condition though.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of AFS..

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that AFS can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
Good Condition eligibility (games):
- The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
- Game still plays perfectly
- Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

Acceptable eligibility (games):
- Game still plays perfectly
- Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
- Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:
- Game does not play perfectly
- Disc is cracked
- Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)

Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.

Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.

Who is AFS? (updated 9/14/13)
Amazon Fulfillment Services (previously known as NorAm). Dunno if they changed names, were bought up by Amazon, or what. Not too interested anyhow.

Why does my package jump back and forth between states? (updated 9/14/13)
Look at a map of the involved cities and it'll make sense. Something to do with UPS hubs and proximity to the state border/cities.

Carry on! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always nice to be responsible for things you have no control over. What a wonderful environment to be a seller in.
While I generally agree with the sentiment, this is not true. You chose the carrier, you chose whether or not the package needs signed for. These are things that impact the likelihood of an item reaching the desired location.

While I generally agree with the sentiment, this is not true. You chose the carrier, you chose whether or not the package needs signed for. These are things that impact the likelihood of an item reaching the desired location.
Amazon doesn't give you any control on shipping charges for things like that though so you end up eating the costs, I used to sell text books on there but they just rape you even worse than eBay

Amazon doesn't give you any control on shipping charges for things like that though so you end up eating the costs, I used to sell text books on there but they just rape you even worse than eBay
They give you the option to pay for it yourself though. And if you want the security of a guaranteed delivery it is what you have to do. I sold a lot on Amazon, and I am pretty sure this is their reasoning. If you sell something expensive you have to choose this stuff and pay for it out of your pocket.

Well, they officially closed my account and I am still appealing, if I get my account back, will I still have my trades open? I already sent a lot of items and some were processing, so I'm worried.

Edit: Will my pre-orders be gone too?
Whoa. That's tough luck man. Not to rain on your parade further but if you haven't researched it enough, Amazon bans are the worst of the worst. Your address is completely blackballed so you'll never be able to open up another account at that address regardless if you attempt to make a new one. Your credit card and profile is blacklisted too. The only way to get a new account is have somebody else create an Amazon account for you delivering to a completely different address. Your credit is also completely gone. You won't be getting a refund/check for whatever you had. I think people on this board have debated about whether you are legally entitled to store credit and some type of recourse but Amazon freezes your account entirely (preorders included). The only thing that they leave alone are any orders that have recently been shipped.

I'm sorry but two refunds in a month isn't nowhere near as deserving of a ban. I can tell you must have a history of requesting refunds/concessions that go way beyond the last month.
All of this is true except the part about getting a refund on the gift card balance. If you have any gift card balance then they will write you a check but you will loose any bonus / promo credit (Amazon credit for mp3s, videos, games, etc).

Slowdive can offer more analysis since he was banned by Amazon and one of only other two people on this thread to have it successfully reversed (his had to do more with duplicate account / seller activity if I recall correctly). GBAstar is the other person who got himself unbanned by actually writing and appealing to Jeff Bezos himself.

You will need to seek out Amazon's account specialist to even get somewhere and or appeal higher since normal customer service isn't going to be much help in this situation.

Sweet! They accepted my THE LEGEND OF ZELA VIDEO GAME THE LEGEND OF ZELA EXPERIENCE THE CHALLENGE OF ENDLESS AVENTURE (NES NITENDO 8-BIT VIEO GAME Cartridge)!

Uo1xagG.png

All of this is true except the part about getting a refund on the gift card balance. If you have any gift card balance then they will write you a check but you will loose any bonus / promo credit (Amazon credit for mp3s, videos, games, etc).

Slowdive can offer more analysis since he was banned by Amazon and one of only other two people on this thread to have it successfully reversed (his had to do more with duplicate account / seller activity if I recall correctly). GBAstar is the other person who got himself unbanned by actually writing and appealing to Jeff Bezos himself.

You will need to seek out Amazon's account specialist to even get somewhere and or appeal higher since normal customer service isn't going to be much help in this situation.
The thing is, I have to call BS on just two promo credits getting someone banned. There's a lot more to it than just that and I think we're not getting the whole story here. I know I had two large credits on my account in the last month from all of the BS with the Monster headphones, plus a couple more for my missing item returns. If two were all that did it, I'd have been banned a long while ago.

Amazon doesn't go right from nothing to banned in a few days unless there's a lot of history on the account to show strong negative customer behavior, or not being able to give them a good, clear understanding to the credits and why they were warranted, or other oddities to your account.

At this point, it needs to go to Amazon's corporate office and Executive Customer Relations to have someone be able to give some better understanding on the issue than the end-line reps or even the account specialists.

someone else actually posted those up...
i looked at a few, but could never 100% determine which ones were what :
The Easy Open packaging on the Gunnar Glasses would have been ones purchased from Amazon directly only, not from a regular retail copy. Trading them in from GS on the retail item trade-in would get you a LN most likely, though only an A on the Easy Opening packaging.

The thing is, I have to call BS on just two promo credits getting someone banned. There's a lot more to it than just that and I think we're not getting the whole story here. I know I had two large credits on my account in the last month from all of the BS with the Monster headphones, plus a couple more for my missing item returns. If two were all that did it, I'd have been banned a long while ago.

Amazon doesn't go right from nothing to banned in a few days unless there's a lot of history on the account to show strong negative customer behavior, or not being able to give them a good, clear understanding to the credits and why they were warranted, or other oddities to your account.

At this point, it needs to go to Amazon's corporate office and Executive Customer Relations to have someone be able to give some better understanding on the issue than the end-line reps or even the account specialists.
There maybe more to the story but I have heard this story before from others as well who got banned over refunds and credits (could be more to those stories as well since every coin has two sides) but you are right at this point it needs more than customer service to be involved.

What bugs me is that Amazon did not fire a warning shot (or if they did, we just have not heard of it). Some folks actually got e-mails from Amazon warning of their impending ban if they continued in their ways while others were straight up banned with no given explanation and the explanation coming after the fact.

Sorry for bringing it up. Just wanted some insight as to the questions of my pre-orders and trade-ins. I am handling the rest on my own. Not trying to start something or have people question me.
The only reason the questions are arising is because it seems so trivial to throw down a banhammer given what you have said. Hence, the curiosity. I do wish you all the best and successful recovery since what you have said so far really does not warrant an excessive action such as a ban. I don't honestly know the whole story and your history with Amazon so really all we can say is if you know you are wronged to contact their account specialist and plead the case and hell even go up the chain all the way to Jeff Bezos if necessary.

If you successfully get your account back then the customer service can manually add the preorders back with what you have put on them (you will need to contact them over this). If you have any processing trade ins, they will get sent back to you so you will need to redo them.

Thanks for your insight and research on those. I figured something was up when Person808 posted another link of the same game at GS at higher price.
I hope it works out and that we minimize rejections with sending in the "right" cartridge that should match up to the ASIN #.

There maybe more to the story but I have heard this story before from others as well who got banned over refunds and credits (could be more to those stories as well since every coin has two sides) but you are right at this point it needs more than customer service to be involved.

What bugs me is that they did not fire a warning shot (or if they did, we just have not heard of it). Some folks actually got e-mails from Amazon warning of their impending ban if they continued in their ways while others were straight up banned with no given explanation and the explanation coming after the fact.
From what I've seen, they do fire a warning shot, though it's a matter of recognizing it as such and responding in a polite, detailed, explaining manner in response. I think you're given one shot to respond and if it's not what they want to hear or what makes sense to them of why the situation is what it is, then you take a trip to ban-town.

This situation needs to be moved up to the Amazon corp office and their executive customer relations reps. Best way is to call the main corp office number and ask for Jeff Bezos. That's worked for me in the past with other companies to get to the right place.

I think the warning shot comes to those customers who are good, longstanding customers, who are shopping at Amazon regularly and often, plus are Prime members. That and if the issues that may make the account ban-worthy seem to have some possibility of extenuating circumstances.

I had to deal with one of these situations at a previous job and use of the Prime account for my work and buying items to send out to numerous people at numerous varied ship-to addresses I explained the situation in a detailed manner, between two emails, and that was the end of it.

Sorry for bringing it up. Just wanted some insight as to the questions of my pre-orders and trade-ins. I am handling the rest on my own. Not trying to start something or have people question me.
No need to apologize, though just going from my own history and knowing when I'm pushing Amazon CS beyond normal bounds, your situation just doesn't seem to make sense to me of why you went from 0 to banned in a few seconds.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I can't even give the whole story as I can't even check if I did any other returns and I am pleading my case and those pre-orders are of sold out items, so I'm not sure if they can manually put them back on my account.
Uh-oh, sounds like the pip boy edition is one of the things :whistle2:(. Maybe one of the fellow cags will sell you one at msrp (maybe). Good luck and we are glad to be of any assistance if needed. Keep us posted and speedy recovery to you.

I can't remember who it was but I thought they also posted that they lost all their remaining gift card balance and was denied when asking about getting it back somehow. But as you mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to cash you out in a ban scenario. In the past, Amazon would do bans in waves but it seems like they're doing it on a case by case basis which is the best way to go about it.

Your story would be pretty insightful for others to learn from. A ban is a serious deal so we naturally are just going to suspect that there's more to the story that's been laid out thus far. It's honestly because of such ban stories that I've been ultra cautious with my account. I've gotten stuff banged up by Amazon before and just let it slide out of fear that they'd determine I was an unprofitable customer. The extra dollars I got back from them wasn't worth the risk of losing my account over them.

My banning was unique. It was their error. I received no warning.

Here is what they sent me:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

This message is to inform you that we have blocked your Amazon.com
Auctions, zShops and Marketplace account. Your open listings have been
cancelled and you are no longer able to sell on our site.

We have taken this action because it has come to our attention that this
account is related to an account which has been previously blocked for
violations of our Community Rules.

While we do not provide detailed information on how we link related
accounts, we have thoroughly reviewed our records and confirmed that we
have significant evidence that this account is related to another account
previously closed for community rules violations.

If you still have items to ship, please take appropriate steps to resolve
your pending sales. Your Seller Account will remain accessible and you are
encouraged to refund or ship pending orders.

Your funds are on temporary hold for 90 days from the date of your final
sale. After 90 days, the funds will be disbursed, provided we do not
receive chargebacks or A-to-Z Guarantee claims against your sales. If you
have further questions about your disbursement, please email

(CAG wont let me put it in here)

While we appreciate your interest, please understand that the closure of an
account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will
be closed as well. Thank you for your understanding with our decision.

Regards,

Item and Seller Quality
Amazon.com

Here is what I sent to them (I'm an email hoarder):

My account has been closed in error by amazon. I have
never had another account. I have 100% positive feedback. I have
had no claims against me. I need to know the exact reason my
account was closed. I need someone in fraud to contact me.
I then called them when they didn't respond, then sent this:

Alright get this fixed now. I do not have any other accounts. My brother probably has an account with the same address. I have no claims against me. i have never bought anything on your site...I have only sold items. I called support and spoke to a supervisor who could not give me any information. I can not put into words how upset I am. This is a mistake. Contact me immediately to get this resolved.
Eventually they sent me this:

I apologize for the frustration this issue has caused you. In
reviewing your account, I see that your account is no longer
blocked. Your account was originally blocked in error, then
reinstated.
I emailed:

alliance @ amazon.com directly

I don't know if I had any credit at that time because it was so sudden. I do not believe I had anything though. I believe everything was paid out that I sold, but I/they cancelled some of my orders.

Good luck!

Yep and Zero Escape 3 and Miyazaki films Amazon only pre order. :wall: I will have to do without them and see what comes my way. Will report back if anything good comes up and hopefully post some deals and be of use to this community. :D
Well damn! That does suck :whistle2:( but I like the fact you are still positive and hanging in there. Definitely stick around and contribute if you can as long as it does not hinder you in any way or form with what you have going on.

I can't remember who it was but I thought they also posted that they lost all their remaining gift card balance and was denied when asking about getting it back somehow. But as you mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to cash you out in a ban scenario. In the past, Amazon would do bans in waves but it seems like they're doing it on a case by case basis which is the best way to go about it.

Your story would be pretty insightful for others to learn from. A ban is a serious deal so we naturally are just going to suspect that there's more to the story that's been laid out thus far. It's honestly because of such ban stories that I've been ultra cautious with my account. I've gotten stuff banged up by Amazon before and just let it slide out of fear that they'd determine I was an unprofitable customer. The extra dollars I got back from them wasn't worth the risk of losing my account over them.
I agree that the bans are case by case from what I have seen and heard and in an instance or two they did deny giving the credit back since it is in their TOS to do so but from what I hear from others they got mailed a check for the difference. I think that goes along with what Shrike said that it come down to the history of the customer in good standing with Amazon with or without Prime account and how they handle things one on one based on that information.

I do agree that Amazon ban's are very serious so anything we can learn from them, we should. I pretty much only fuss to them if it was some serious fubar on their end like missing a game and or sending a broken item and not fuss about dinged packages and such especially if those were from AWD.

My banning is why I never used to complain about Nor am rejections. I just checked my old spreadsheet:

"unjust rejections"

$192.15

Ouch. I really wish I would have bitched back then.

But on the bright side:

"Total from crazy trade values"

$593.35

BTW: I bookmarked my last post, so I don't have to go through the emails again. I wish I remembered to do that last time I told my tale of woe. ;)

For those that may have one near them. Also, Amazon has two listings of these (one of which looks to be if Amazon shipped it to the buyer). 

Gunnar Optiks VAY-00101Z Vayper Full Rim Advanced Video Gaming Glasses with Headset Compatibility and Amber Lens Tint, Onyx Frame Finish [Easy Open Packaging] (LN) $51.29 (G) $45.59 (A) $38.75

Gunnar Optiks VAY-00101Z Vayper Full Rim Advanced Video Gaming Glasses with Headset Compatibility and Amber Lens Tint, Onyx Frame Finish [Standard Packaging] (LN) $42.19 (G) $37.50 (A) $31.88

GS | Gunnar Vayper - Onyx/Amber by GUNNAR Optiks (N) $32.97

For those that may have one near them. Also, Amazon has two listings of these (one of which looks to be if Amazon shipped it to the buyer).

Gunnar Optiks VAY-00101Z Vayper Full Rim Advanced Video Gaming Glasses with Headset Compatibility and Amber Lens Tint, Onyx Frame Finish [Easy Open Packaging] (LN) $51.29 (G) $45.59 (A) $38.75

Gunnar Optiks VAY-00101Z Vayper Full Rim Advanced Video Gaming Glasses with Headset Compatibility and Amber Lens Tint, Onyx Frame Finish [Standard Packaging] (LN) $42.19 (G) $37.50 (A) $31.88

GS | Gunnar Vayper - Onyx/Amber by GUNNAR Optiks (N) $32.97
Odd that these are at the same locations as the Gunnar Intercepts o_O

It would be like the Naruto LEs and Spectrobes/other DS game that was posted recently; disc only and hope for the best.
Naruto LE --> cards
Spectrobes --> cards
BeyBlade --> uh, blades?
Naruto LE again --> statues

We're getting desperate lol

It would be like the Naruto LEs and Spectrobes/other DS game that was posted recently; disc only and hope for the best.
True, and if you already have it, then it doesn't hurt to give it a shot versus going and buying one to send it in. Needless to say, you are looking at acceptable at best if it goes through.

Naruto LE --> cards
Spectrobes --> cards
BeyBlade --> uh, blades?

Yeah, when it comes to collectibles, bundles, and figurines then Amazon rejections skyrocket which is why I don't indulge in them and let the folks decide for themselves if it is worth the risk if I post any.

Naruto LE --> cards
Spectrobes --> cards
BeyBlade --> uh, blades?

I prefer to call it being antsy :p

True, and if you already have it, then it doesn't hurt to give it a shot versus going and buying one to send it in. Needless to say, you are looking at acceptable at best if it goes through.

Yeah, when it comes to collectibles, bundles, and figurines then Amazon rejections skyrocket which is why I don't indulge in them and let the folks decide for themselves if it is worth the risk if I post any.
I personally wouldn't take the risk on it, but I figured I would post it in case others would like to. I am going to try the Spectrobes CE since it was only .89/copy, but 8.99 is too much for me.

Edit: I do indeed have the game, sealed with a TRU exclusive booster pack. I probably will just keep it sealed and not bother; it's a neat little piece to have (until the TIV on the TRU version goes to $24).

Coming soon to the US as well if the people here keeps complaining and whining to Amazon CS everytime they don't get their way.

Sooner or later it will become more hassle then benefit of doing a trade in program, if they have to deal with complainers, whiners, and promo credit beggars/scammers

Coming soon to the US as well if the people here keeps complaining and whining to Amazon CS everytime they don't get their way.

Sooner or later it will become more hassle then benefit of doing a trade in program, if they have to deal with complainers, whiners, and promo credit beggars/scammers
So NorAm screws up time and again, and Amazon's solution might be to kill off the trade-in program entirely instead of trying to fix the problem. Great.

NorAm is anything but an angel in this one. They make arbitrary decisions on items, treat identical items in different grading conditions, and their QC on returning items is somewhat suspect, as I've received incomplete returns with missing items from when I sent them in, plus damaged items.

Amazon can fix this issue if they take the time and effort to do so. Or just find another vendor less likely to be sloppy on their work.

bread's done
Back