Amazon trade in....getting sketchy?

6er

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I bought the new sly cooper. I put the disc in, redeemed the Vita version, and traded in to Amazon.

Just got an email, item rejected as it was not in good condition.....

Never even played it. Literally perfect.

Should I expect to get a different damaged disc back?

My best guess is that the idiots they have looking at it assumed the manual was "missing" when there isn't one to begin with. -_-

I remember a year or two ago I sent in two controllers as good, which they refused because it did not have a box. (Keep a controller box?!)

They came back with huge stickers covering the handle with what seemed to be gorrila super glue as adhesive. Ended trashing them.

[quote name='6er']Never even played it. Literally perfect.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience recently with Medal of Honor: Warfighter-- removed the disc from the case once to play the campaign and then put it back in. Case and disc were both pristine. I hadn't even used the online pass code. :lol: They bumped it down from Good to Acceptable.

I always take a picture of the items and packaging as I'm getting them ready to ship so I can contact Amazon customer service if I ever have one of these problems.

I had something sent back as wrong item, which it clearly was not. Sent it back in exactly the same and they took it.

[quote name='6er']I bought the new sly cooper. I put the disc in, redeemed the Vita version, and traded in to Amazon.

Just got an email, item rejected as it was not in good condition.....

Never even played it. Literally perfect.

Should I expect to get a different damaged disc back?[/QUOTE]

I did this exact same thing, as part of the bonus $20 trade in video game credit. Luckily someone mentioned to me to include a note saying that the game does not include a manual. Mine was accepted in "good" shape and I got all the credits I was supposed to get.

My guess is it might be them screwing you over because they didn't know that it wasn't supposed to come with a manual.

[quote name='tylerh1701']ILuckily someone mentioned to me to include a note saying that the game does not include a manual.[/QUOTE]
That's a really good idea.

It isn't "getting" sketchy - there have always been problems like this. If anything, I'd say they've improved quite a bit over a few years ago just based on my own experience and from monitoring other CAG's experiences in the Amazon trade-in thread. We are currently getting a lot of bad reports about them now simply because so many more people traded games in for the $20 promo.

bread's done
Back