Amazon Trade In

Gears24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Alright guys I got a little story/question for you all. Last week I was browsing the Amazon Trade In section to kill time. I don't remember how but I came across an incredible trade-in value on "Jackass: The Game" for the Nintendo DS. I saw that they were giving $69.75 for it. Immediately I locked in 3 copies on two separate accounts even though I had none. This was last Wednesday.

Sunday I start calling Gamestops looking for copies and what not, I find a few that have used copies for $9.99 supposedly so I make a 30 mile drive. I arrive there and they don't freaking have it. Needless to say I was pretty pissed and just decided to forget about it. I was under the impression that since I had locked in 3 copies, I had to automatically send in 3. By this time they had lowered the trade-in value to $10.

Today, I found out by reading the Amazon Trade-In thread that you didn't have to send in 3 if you locked in 3, you could send in 1/2 and get credited that amount. I found a Gamestop 8 miles from my house that had a newsed copy for $19.99 and another one about 35 miles away that also had one. So I picked up two copies today, put them in a bubble mailer and dropped them off at UPS.

My question is, since I shipped it before their deadline, and had the locked in trade-in value of $69.75, can I expect to be credited $139.50? The only reason I am weary about this is because of how ridiculously high it is. If they do by any chance deny it, am I just SOL or what? Thanks for your time!

98839664.png

98839664.png

As long as it it postmarked on or before the day your supposed to ship you should be fine. I'm not sure about them holding up that ridiculously high trade in value though

Yeah. Well I have not got any kind of e-mail notification of it being a mistake on their part or anything like that. I guess I will just wait it out and see. If it works out, could go down as one of the best flips in video game flipping history! Haha. Worst comes to worst, I am out 40$ cash. ;/

Wicked. Time for me to pay more attention to Amazon's trade-in section :D

I locked in values for quite a few high TIV games from Amazon's trade section over the last couple of weeks. However, I was only ever able to find 1-2 copies of any of them and NONE of them were in the condition Amazon(actually it's a company called Nor-Am running Amazon's trade program) would probably accept(aka complete/mint).

The only trade-in I was able to do with them was sending in 33 guides out of 34 I 'locked in' for $126 and change in credit, since most of the games with the stupidly high values are at least a few years old and typically not available used in good condition ANYWHERE.:roll:

Well, the copies I found were newsed from Gamestop. They only had shelf wear basically, the manual, case and cover art were all still in tact. Being that they are DS games, did not have to worry about them being scratched or anything like that. I can only wait and see.

Yes you should absolutely get that amount. They may try to pull some bs and not accept the games but if they dont you can try and chat with Amazon CS until they credit your account that amount.

bread's done
Back